US Economic Recovery

magisme

Bro, I know you're a numbers guy and I don't necessarily disagree with your "overall" statement....but statistically, the reason you see greater growth in the older sector is because more of them are unemployed to begin with....and (like you said) they're probably more likely to take a "less paying" job than someone in the prime of their career is.

... and they were probably forced out of their old job so they could be replaced with a younger worker at a much lower salary with much less vacation time.

Maybe one out of ten of them. The other nine jobs went overseas to workers with an even mucher lower salary and lol vacation.

and 5 of 10 lost half their 401k in the market.

But markets are up again. Way up! Everyone seems to agree they're way up, which they'll continue to be, until they're not. So with savings rates at all time lows and percentage of assets in stocks and financials at all time highs :lol: , good luck.

Bro, I know you're a numbers guy and I don't necessarily disagree with your "overall" statement....but statistically, the reason you see greater growth in the older sector is because more of them are unemployed to begin with....and (like you said) they're probably more likely to take a "less paying" job than someone in the prime of their career is.

... and they were probably forced out of their old job so they could be replaced with a younger worker at a much lower salary with much less vacation time.

Maybe one out of ten of them. The other nine jobs went overseas to workers with an even mucher lower salary and lol vacation.

and 5 of 10 lost half their 401k in the market.

But markets are up again. Way up! Everyone seems to agree they're way up, which they'll continue to be, until they're not. So with savings rates at all time lows and percentage of assets in stocks and financials at all time highs :lol: , good luck.

Yes and No.

With the appointing of Janet Yellen, the Federal Reserve will start to "undo" the policies of Bernanke. The stock market will continue to have steady growth and should only level off as interest rates steadily rise as Yellen gradually implements moderate (but necessary) increases in federal buy rates.

Long story short.....your saving rates shall surely increase.....;)

Why are workers above age 69 purely omitted? Could be that the people over age 69 are now unhireable (or dead) and the semi-older workers took on their old Wal-mart jobs? I don't think Zakk Wylde is a good source for statistics.

Watch what happens if she tries. Yellen doesn't have a chance. The next excuse for the Fed not tightening is right around the corner. We'll see.

It's already in motion. Bernanke set it up for her....rates have steadily increased over the past year and they will continue to do so. It's a very delicate situation and it really is as much an art as it is a science. I think she has what it takes. We shall see.

Edited by Kasanova King

Dude...what's with all this doom and gloom stuff? :lol:

What the heck is that graph? Those numbers make absolutely no sense.... :lol: .....I'm sure they are somewhat relevant but how?

:lol:

I'm just trying to get in ahead of the crowd. Remember that I was calling bullshit on "recovery," cuz that's what's important - proving that I'm right.

The numbers are simply percentage of population employed.

Dude...what's with all this doom and gloom stuff? :lol:

What the heck is that graph? Those numbers make absolutely no sense.... :lol: .....I'm sure they are somewhat relevant but how?

:lol:

I'm just trying to get in ahead of the crowd. Remember that I was calling bullshit on "recovery," cuz that's what's important - proving that I'm right.

The numbers are simply percentage of population employed.

You realize that it only shows a maximum of a 6% decrease in overall employment....even during the worst financial/economical downturn since the great depression? ....but I see your point.... :lol:

I promise....it's not that bad....and it's about to get a lot better..... ;)

Guest Len B'stard

I like to have things work out in my favor.

You should play poker for a living. You would do well at it.....it's like a game of Chess....except with money. (higher levels anyway)

Fair bit more chance than intellect involved i think you'll find ;)

You should play poker for a living. You would do well at it.....it's like a game of Chess....except with money. (higher levels anyway)

I'm also far too impulsive for gambling. Know thyself. :lol:

• Like 1

Of course there's a large percentage of chance...but the best pros use those percentages to win over the course of a lifetime....professional poker isn't necessarily "immediate" results oriented....cash games, anyway.

• 11 months later...

The only bad indicator is that world GDP growth fell from 3.1 percent to 2.7 percent. That's not really that terrible. Granted, were it not for the U.S. and China it would look worse, but it's not as though the sky is falling.

Everything else, I'd argue, looks pretty good (low t-bills, bond yields, oil prices; boom in stock equities).