Current Management

TeeJay410

Beta knows what has to be done but in the end its all up to Axl and Del knows what needs to be done to make the gigs go smooth. Beta might get the offers but Axl says yes or no.

I´d like to know what Del´s "magic trick" is to make gigs go smooth. :D

Beta knows what has to be done but in the end its all up to Axl and Del knows what needs to be done to make the gigs go smooth. Beta might get the offers but Axl says yes or no.

Ok a lot smoother than they would be if he wasn't there. He has been doing this for a long time and knows what he needs to do to keep it all from falling apart. GNR gigs are not the easiest ones to pull off.

Ok a lot smoother than they would be if he wasn't there. He has been doing this for a long time and knows what he needs to do to keep it all from falling apart. GNR gigs are not the easiest ones to pull off.

Has Axl ever yelled at Beta in frustration when things don't go right or does he always take it out on someone else? I can't imagine him treating her like that and even more I can't imagine her putting up with being yelled at. They do seem so close.

Yes beta has been yelled when something goes wrong. In all the years that I hung with Axl I was never yelled at until 2008 and I have been there many times when things fall apart but he never took it out on me other then the first day I met him. I gave my option on something Hollywood rose was working on and because he didn't know me yet, he sort of told be to stay out of it.

• Like 1

Surely the band know about this situation, it's been going on for years at venues. Yet Axl called out someone on here with a post as if she was totally in the wrong, but so many others agreed she was right when they attended gigs. I guess he was mad as she wouldn't leave it alone & went too far with calling venues or something to confirm it. Do you think he went overboard on that & might have been best to ignore it as the post made it's way onto other areas of the internet highlighting it even more.

A lot of the times Axl is kept out of the loop of what is going on at a venue. I know about the Madison thing and there may have been more to that than just the Slash shirt at GNR gigs. There could have been other things that she said in the past that he found out about and this was the straw that broke him into getting involved and telling her off.

If something is bothering Axl, he sometimes will vent about it. also a lot of the times fans could get mixed up at a gig as far as who is in charge. You see the guys near the stage with the yellow jackets, they work for the venue not the band and when one of them grabs the mic that Axl tossed out for a fan to keep as a gift, and then that fan might think that Axl is an indian giver because he then took it back. I remember that happened at one of the Vegas gigs that I was at in 2006.

If the people that run the venue think that Axl might get upset if he sees a Slash shirt or banner saying something like Axl "wheres Slash" It could be enough to make him upset and in the past Axl has walked off stage and then there could be some big problems with the crowd. If I was running a venue that GNR was going to play at I would instruct my management team of people to try to avoid some of the things that could set Axl off and a Slash shirt could be one of them. I wouldn't go as far to say that an AFD shirt is a problem and I don't think any venue would stop people from wearing a AFD shirt. However the message could get misunderstood by someone and they could act on it by mistake.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Thaks again Marc, you give a great insight to Axl knowing him as well as you do. It is hard to understand that he can just explode over something small, there has to be something wrong for someone to take any notice of these stupid people who call out things just to try & upset him. To us he seems calmer than his younger years, still calls people out for throwing things and he's well within his right to do that but hasn't stormed off for a long time.

What would his reaction be to us laughing about his famous dive into the audience, the yelling at fans & the fact we copy his sayings. Would he be amused watching those videos like we are or would it irritate him to know that it was all caught on camera - the one thing he dived into the audience to grab?

Do we know what happened at LAX when he punched someone? Was it a setup to get him angry & what did the person he hit do? He said "if he touches her again" but we don't know who he's referring to. I always thought it was filmed by a fan but I've since read they could have set him up for that incident, he would surely hate that footage & photos that came out of that too.

Thaks again Marc, you give a great insight to Axl knowing him as well as you do. It is hard to understand that he can just explode over something small, there has to be something wrong for someone to take any notice of these stupid people who call out things just to try & upset him. To us he seems calmer than his younger years, still calls people out for throwing things and he's well within his right to do that but hasn't stormed off for a long time.

What would his reaction be to us laughing about his famous dive into the audience, the yelling at fans & the fact we copy his sayings. Would he be amused watching those videos like we are or would it irritate him to know that it was all caught on camera - the one thing he dived into the audience to grab?

Do we know what happened at LAX when he punched someone? Was it a setup to get him angry & what did the person he hit do? He said "if he touches her again" but we don't know who he's referring to. I always thought it was filmed by a fan but I've since read they could have set him up for that incident, he would surely hate that footage & photos that came out of that too.

It was an incident between Beta and some airport official or some airport worker. But I don´t know what Beta did (or didn´t do) that an airport worker thought that he needed to take action. And Axl as usual overreacted.

When he said that Beta was to the left of him in front but then disappeared. When you slow it down as Fernando calls out you can see Beta swinging her handbag at someone smilie_girl_224.gif and Sasha says something to Axl as he turns to the right & then throws the punch.

The 'he hit my mother' remark seems strange as she's not his mother. I often think of this incident with our campaign in Oz that 'one punch can kill' - if the person had fallen flat on his head this could have been serious stuff.

At the Melbourne 2013 1st show Axl's main bodyguard (the big guy) came upto me and said "don't antagonize Axl" I had an A4 piece of paper that asked for the mic. Axl's guard then continued to tear up the piece of paper and throw it under the stage I found Axl's guard doing that really uncalled for. The same security guard (Axl's guard) threw away one of my friends banners that had something along the lines of she would catch the mic with her teeth. I think my friend was being humorous but Axl's security guard threw her banner under the stage.which left her pretty upset.

The rest of my experiences with GNR have been great

Edited by ThinkAboutYou
  • Like 1

At the Melbourne 2013 1st show Axl's main bodyguard (the big guy) came upto me and said "don't antagonize Axl" I had an A4 piece of paper that asked for the mic. Axl's guard then continued to tear up the piece of paper and throw it under the stage I found Axl's guard doing that really uncalled for. The same security guard (Axl's guard) threw away one of my friends banners that had something along the lines of she would catch the mic with her teeth. I think my friend was being humorous but Axl's security guard threw her banner under the stage.which left her pretty upset.

Could also just be that it's annoying for other people in the crowd to be behind someone holding a sign at a rock n roll concert and nothing to do with Axl.

Could also just be that it's annoying for other people in the crowd to be behind someone holding a sign at a rock n roll concert and nothing to do with Axl.

I met TAY at the concert the next night & he wasn't someone who would hold a sign up blocking other's view, he was respectful & although the security guard wouldn't know that it sounds like an over reaction. All he had to say was if he held the sign up a lot it would be taken from him, not tear it up like that.

My sign was A4 piece of paper :lol: and only Axl could see mine it was not blocking anyone's view

My friends banner was over the railing so unless you were the band or a security guard you wouldn't of seen it

Guard sounds like a bitch.