Apparently when you click your joints, that's not really clicking but is gasses escaping and that's not clicking; That's those gasses popping.

Snake-Pit

Still it's a popular misconception and even linked with arthritis, that's preposterous I think...

But am I right?

People, even hate it, and try to avoid doing it because they fear arthritis or suffer from it or; because there is a link and I'm wrong...

I believe it's gasses popping.

Guest Len B'stard

Its cartilage innit? Thats why it gives you Arthiritis, clicking em makes your cartilage wear away.

Edited by sugaraylen

Its cartilage innit? Thats why it gives you Arthiritis, clicking em makes your cartilage wear away.

IDK dude, upon reading it's cartilage, I went on wikipedia and...

IDK... I used to think that... and tested that artritis theory with my own guitar playing digits from way back when to now where I stretch my whole shit/whole body... and... IDK...

Wiki says fluids so, IDK anymore dude. :shrugs:

No it's gasses popping. A doctor told me that once so I researched it. Arthritic joints grind and you can feel it and maybe hear it a tiny bit if you listen closely, but it doesn't make a popping noise.

Cracking your knuckles and other joints won't really speed up any arthritis process or cause arthritis at all, except for the fact that overusing any joint will wear it down over time. So I guess if you bent a particular joint all day every day then it could lead to arthritis but you wouldn't even hear it popping. In fact, if you did it all day every day, you would probably never hear the popping again because there would be no time for gasses to build up.

It doesn't give you arthritis. That's a myth.

Dont it? Cheers mate, cuz i do it incessantly abd always worried it giving me arthiritis.

Yeah, it's one of those myths that everyone picks up but there's no truth to it all.

I remember reading about a doctor that tested this by cracking only the knuckles on his left hand for sixty years and leaving the right alone. No sign of arthritis or anything in either hand.

It doesn't give you arthritis. That's a myth.

Dont it? Cheers mate, cuz i do it incessantly abd always worried it giving me arthiritis.

Yeah, it's one of those myths that everyone picks up but there's no truth to it all.

I remember reading about a doctor that tested this by cracking only the knuckles on his left hand for sixty years and leaving the right alone. No sign of arthritis or anything in either hand.

Didn't something unfortunate happen to him though which was completely unrelated to his test?

Seem to remember that one vaguely.