Is Frank Ferrer the worst GNR drummer ever?

IRanOutOfIdeas

Is Frank Ferrer the worst GNR drummer ever?  

227 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Besides Adler, Brain is the only other drummer GNR has had (in a live setting) that I would say I actually liked.

Matt is fine on the albums he played on, some embarrassing live performances though (UYI Tokyo drum solo...I rest my case)

I love Sorum's drum solo :lol:

Ah, that's cool- he obviously had fun doing it, but it is "rather" amateurish :P

Without being any further of a dick that's actually the worst drum solo I've ever seen by a big rock drummer

there is not a single thing frank does well or better than another gnr drummer. not a thing.

Can you drum?

I honestly think I'd do a better job playing Patience than Frank if you gave me a week to rehearse.

Possibly.

Can you drum though?

No fuss involved, do not worry. Just interested to hear whether you can drum today

Then I would like to hear from someone else who has drummed with bands for years who can give their feedback on your comments, and about how drumming is about more that what people think.

Edited by Mysteron

there is not a single thing frank does well or better than another gnr drummer. not a thing.

Can you drum?

I honestly think I'd do a better job playing Patience than Frank if you gave me a week to rehearse.

Possibly.

Can you drum though?

No fuss involved, do not worry. Just interested to hear whether you can drum today

Then I would like to hear from someone else who has drummed with bands for years who can give their feedback on your comments, and about how drumming is about more that what people think.

I'm a drummer and I approve of the original statement.

Can you drum?

Possibly.

Can you drum though?

I'm a drummer and I approve of the original statement.

Fair play

I know you as a decent poster and person

Hey ho

does anyone remember the compilation video with all of frank's mistakes and axl calling him on it? if anyone has the link it would be appreciated

Would that not be mean?

Conor says Frank is potentially not a drummer's drummer, but I am guessing he would not want a fellow drummer to be dragged through the mill

They can all drum, it is just a matter of perspective, I presume?

Frank can never get the end part of WTTJ right and always leaves Axl holding "you're gonna dieeeeee" until Axl gets pissed off.

Sorum broke from whatever he was doing and helped Axl out - he needs to learn to do that

I believe that also has something to do with Axl not counting and not rehearsing...

does anyone remember the compilation video with all of frank's mistakes and axl calling him on it? if anyone has the link it would be appreciated

Would that not be mean?

Conor says Frank is potentially not a drummer's drummer, but I am guessing he would not want a fellow drummer to be dragged through the mill

They can all drum, it is just a matter of perspective, I presume?

No Guns songs are particularly taxing on drums, which is why they need a bit of flavour. The kind of flavour that could be provided by a more unique style such as Adler's or Brain's. If we're talking purely on a quality and skill level, then Brain and Freese are the best they've had by a mile. They're the most adaptable, most skilled and most knowledgeable. I'm indifferent towards Sorum, but I used to like him. He suits the later stuff that needed a big arena sound, and Adler suits the dirty club stuff of Appetite.

Frank's just piss. He's just lucky that piss is adequate for the drumming of GNR. I can't remember exactly which one it was, but I'm pretty sure it was a performance of Estranged or Civil War at one of the 2013 shows that was just ghastly. Ghastly when I was paying direct attention to it, but that's rare. Provided you don't fuck up the intro to Paradise City or You Could Be Mine, it seems that's qualification to be the Guns drummer.

I dunno about technical skills, but Frank is my favorite GNR drummer of all times simply because I like his sound. Pretty much every time when I liked some drumming part on CD and looked at the booklet I found out it was Frank playing. In my opinion Brains drumming doesn't sound rock n' roll enough. Matt's and Steven's playing on the other hand sound a little bit dated or something. Frank is the only one that stands out for me. He's the only one whose drumming ever made me go, yeah that sounds awesome.

No no no. Matt "Casio5000" Sorum and his drum machiny sounding drumming is/was/will be awful.

To me it is simple:

1. Brain

2. Steven (Popcorn style but the feel is great)

3. Frank

4. Matt

Freese is also one hell of a drummer, but we really have no evidence of his work with GnR.