What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Whoa.... What?! Where is that available?? I love that movie and had no idea there was a documentary about it!

Amazon Prime, I think it’s also on iTunes in the US. It’s really lovely (how could it not be!). Produced by the Honest Trailer folks.

Edited by Angelica
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Angelica said:

Amazon Prime, I think it’s also on iTunes in the US. It’s really lovely (how could it not be!). Produced by the Honest Trailer folks.

Sweet! I have Amazon Prime, so I'll look it up tomorrow. Thanks. 

I just finished Don't Fuck With Cats and really enjoyed it. It really was disturbing. I also watched the Kevin Hart Don't Fuck This Up and I kind of wish I didn't. I liked him a lot more before I watched it. I also just finished watching The Madalorian on Disney+. I did not love it, but I mostly enjoyed it. I will watch Season 2 when it comes out.

Edited by Tourettes2400

On 2-1-2020 at 7:52 PM, marlingrl03 said:

It's a good series....I just started Season 2.

I'm halfway through season 2 and it's pretty shit compared to the first season in my opinion. Not that the first season was brilliant, but it was entertaining enough for me to be looking forward to the second season. 

So far season 2 is very unrealistic, mediocre acting from some of the actors, and there are too many attractive characters which doesn't exactly make the show more realistic.

21 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Not a new show by any means, but I've been watching That 70's Show a lot recently. Can't believe it took me this long to give it a try. Absolutely fantastic. I want to own just about every one of Steven Hyde's t-shirts. :lol:

It's a great show for sure. :thumbsup:

I just started watching The Spy with Sasha Baron Cohen....so far so good. 

And disappointing to hear about season 2 of You but who knows  I may still like it. Will continue to watch that too. 

^ For sure, it's just my opinion. I still like it enough to watch the entire season, but there are too many moments in this season that are too far-fetched and I feel that they are kinda repeating the storyline of the first season but not as convincing. 

Im also watching both Dont Fuck With Cats and You season 2.

Dont fuck with cats: So much dark shit happens in Canada and we also tend to make grim cinema. Relative to our population size its astounding all the dark stuff that goes down, but its easy to explain when you think about how colonization dehumanizes people and normalizes genocide, assault, murder, dispossession and law enforcement turning a blind eye. 'Predator and prey' is the backbone of this country.

You season 2: I thought season 1 was too real. Like I saw aspects of the nut job in people iRL. So in that sense its cool to go a bit over the top in season 2. I wish it was shot in a bit more of an other-worldy way to match the themes though.

Edited by soon

On 7-1-2020 at 6:45 PM, soon said:

You season 2: I thought season 1 was too real. Like I saw aspects of the nut job in people iRL. So in that sense its cool to go a bit over the top in season 2. I wish it was shot in a bit more of an other-worldy way to match the themes though.

Spoiler

I can't take season 2 very seriously... the way Candace finds out Joe is in Los Angeles. Seriously? The way Joe runs into Love's friend when he's stalking that Aussie boyfriend of her. Seriously? What are the odds of running into someone you know in a city with millions of people at exactly that moment? Too much of those moments in the show that really make no sense. And why do they almost all look like models? It's like watching Models Inc.. Don't even get me started about the ridiculous ending!

Edited by EvanG

16 minutes ago, EvanG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can't take season 2 very seriously... the way Candace finds out Joe is in Los Angeles. Seriously? The way Joe runs into Love's friend when he's stalking that Aussie boyfriend of her. Seriously? What are the odds of running into someone you know in a city with millions of people at exactly that moment? Too much of those moments in the show that really make no sense. And why do they almost all look like models? It's like watching Models Inc.. Don't even get me started about the ridiculous ending!

I haven seen the entire season yet, so ill have to get back to you on some of this. But yeah, its so over the top. I still think that creepier cinematography that conveys that its like a fantasy or neurotic imagination could help. Its shot and lit like a rom com for reasons I dont get. Also the topical me too storyline is a bit on the nose, although I like the Ella character. 

11 minutes ago, soon said:

I haven seen the entire season yet, so ill have to get back to you on some of this. But yeah, its so over the top. I still think that creepier cinematography that conveys that its like a fantasy or neurotic imagination could help. Its shot and lit like a rom com for reasons I dont get. Also the topical me too storyline is a bit on the nose, although I like the Ella character. 

A show can still be entertaining and not everything has to make sense, but season 2 has so many plot holes that it's hard to take it seriously and kinda ruined it for me. Oh well.

Just (struggled) to finish Season 1 of You. Not sure I'm gonna bother with season 2. It really reminds me of a Dexter/Riverdale hybrid.

I think the Deuce season 3 is next on the list.

On 2020-01-09 at 5:41 PM, EvanG said:

A show can still be entertaining and not everything has to make sense, but season 2 has so many plot holes that it's hard to take it seriously and kinda ruined it for me. Oh well.

Plot holes? Episode IX enthusiasts will love it then ;)

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Just saw the first season of The Boys. Amazing. Brilliant casting. Can't wait for season two.

I forgot I'd watched that. I usually couldn't care less about anything to do with super heroes but I enjoyed the hell out of that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Watching Seinfeld for the first time.  Boring and unfunny as hell.  Am I too late for this kind of humor?  I don't know if I should continue or just watch something else.  Currently watching Season 2 Episode 4.

I think you either like it or you don't. I believe I didn't like it at first either but then it grew on me. But you have to understand that the show is about nothing... that's the point. I remember one episode where they forgot where they parked the car so they end up walking for hours in the parking garage looking for the car and that's basically the entire episode. Just them having conversations about nothing and whatever happens while they are looking for the car!