What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

I finally saw Glass a few weeks back and.....why am I so late to the James McAvoy train??? I cant get over his performance in that and Split which I had to re-watch because I remember how great it was when it first came out.

Dammit! And now I'm looking up interviews with him so I can listen to his accent :lol:

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

I finally saw Glass a few weeks back and.....why am I so late to the James McAvoy train??? I cant get over his performance in that and Split which I had to re-watch because I remember how great it was when it first came out.

Dammit! And now I'm looking up interviews with him so I can listen to his accent :lol:

I liked this movie alot. Didn't care for the ending though. I felt bad for all the characters. Yeah, James was awesome with all his many characters. Always great to see Bruce.

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

James has a really nice English accent, but he's so good with other accents. Did you see him when he hosted Saturday Night Live? OMG! He was so funny with all the accents especially the one with a New York accent. He hit the nail on the head!

I’ve been binge watching This Is Us, not normally my type of show but I can’t stop watching it now.

On 12/05/2020 at 9:12 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

James has a really nice English accent, but he's so good with other accents. Did you see him when he hosted Saturday Night Live? OMG! He was so funny with all the accents especially the one with a New York accent. He hit the nail on the head!

His natural Scottish accent is lovely 🥰

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

I watched Uncut Gems last night on Netflix. 

Holy shit, what an overrated movie and incredibly overrated performance from Sandler. 

The movie itself was "here's two hours of this guy making the worst decisions ever" and Sandlers performance was "what if I just yell over everyone else"? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I watched Uncut Gems last night on Netflix. 

Holy shit, what an overrated movie and incredibly overrated performance from Sandler. 

The movie itself was "here's two hours of this guy making the worst decisions ever" and Sandlers performance was "what if I just yell over everyone else"? 

I thought it was kinda overrated cause Sandler's other movies in recent times were total shit but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Did you like Punch Drunk Love? that one is my favorite Sandler movie.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I thought it was kinda overrated cause Sandler's other movies in recent times were total shit but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Did you like Punch Drunk Love? that one is my favorite Sandler movie.

I've still never watched that one. I've heard nothing but good things about it, just haven't got around to watching it yet.

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've still never watched that one. I've heard nothing but good things about it, just haven't got around to watching it yet.

I recommend you give it a try. Curious what you'll think about it. Paul Thomas Anderson is a brilliant director imo.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 3:12 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I liked this movie alot. Didn't care for the ending though. I felt bad for all the characters. Yeah, James was awesome with all his many characters. Always great to see Bruce.

He does have a great English accent. I didnt know he hosted SNL, now i know what im looking up next! :P

I thought the ending was bit confusing having to do with the therapist lady and her background. I haven't seen Unbreakable so i dont know if that info i need to understand anything.

12 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Dexter. On season 3 now really enjoying it so far.

Dexter is fantastic for the first few seasons but man, when the quality starts going down it goes down super fast. If I could get back all the time I wasted watching the last season, I would. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Dexter is fantastic for the first few seasons but man, when the quality starts going down it goes down super fast. If I could get back all the time I wasted watching the last season, I would. 

I just told him this in the other thread, that I had to force myself to finish it, especially that last season. But once I've invested so much time in a show, I kinda want to see it through... I'm sorta in the same situation with The Walking Dead now. It's the same for me with a book or movie, once I'm halfway through it, I have to finish it no matter how bad it gets.

Edited by EvanG

Space Force

Dang this blows! And how is that possible with this cast and creators? Its actually tarnishing the legacy of the Office and Parks a bit imho. I love goofball comedy - especially when it has one of these stacked casts of comedians - but this is so lame and self-satisfied. It literally just puts on camera everything a slack jawed costal liberal might think... but like, thats the humour... just mundane statements that highlight a world view. And ones supposed to laugh just because like "Its funny because its true." Except that the jokes ring as hollow as the ethos. This production represent full idiocracy in a John Stewart base reality.

Still watching it though, lol. Willard is always fucking golden, RIP. It's got some potential for cringe and they should lean into that more.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:27 AM, soon said:

Space Force

Dang this blows! And how is that possible with this cast and creators? Its actually tarnishing the legacy of the Office and Parks a bit imho. I love goofball comedy - especially when it has one of these stacked casts of comedians - but this is so lame and self-satisfied. It literally just puts on camera everything a slack jawed costal liberal might think... but like, thats the humour... just mundane statements that highlight a world view. And ones supposed to laugh just because like "Its funny because its true." Except that the jokes ring as hollow as the ethos. This production represent full idiocracy in a John Stewart base reality.

Still watching it though, lol. Willard is always fucking golden, RIP. It's got some potential for cringe and they should lean into that more.

I tried and had to stop a couple of episodes in. It's absolutely terrible. I kept thinking the same thing: how on Earth could this much talent fail so miserably?? 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2020 at 2:52 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Thanks for reminding me I need to watch Always Sunny too. I've seen random episodes here and there it's crackup

Always Sunny is fucking wank! :lol: 

On 09/06/2020 at 12:27 PM, soon said:

Space Force

Dang this blows! And how is that possible with this cast and creators? 

Maybe it’s “creators” should go back to ripping off Ricky Gervais. :lol: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

On season 5 of Dexter. I feel like it's getting bad like you guys said. Rita is dead. Lumen is annoying. There's changes which are abrupt and clumsy.

I don't remember every season, but I believe that after season 5 they get a little bit back on track again (although not as good as the first seasons), but then it goes bad again and the last season is probably the worst.

On 21.6.2020 at 12:37 PM, EvanG said:

I don't remember every season, but I believe that after season 5 they get a little bit back on track again (although not as good as the first seasons), but then it goes bad again and the last season is probably the worst.

Yes. The last good season is 4. After that it gets messy and you can only enjoy it, while willingly overlooking the flaws. It does get a little better from the low point towards the end, but still a far cry from Season 1 to 4.

• Like 1

Final season of Dark. This is one of the most complicated shows I have ever seen. This is the type of show that you have to binge-watch or else it gets too confusing. I watched the previous season about a year ago and that is apparently already too long ago for me to remember all the different timelines, characters and plot twists. Fantastic show, though, but very confusing. 

On 6/8/2020 at 7:15 PM, RussTCB said:

My wife was like you and loved the show but hated the last few seasons. Personally I had a hard time with it from the get go. The actress who played his sister was terrible and I grew very tired about how on the nose the show was about how badly Dexter wanted to kill people. Made it two seasons in and stopped. 

On 6/9/2020 at 7:27 AM, soon said:

Space Force

My wife and I finished it the other night. We really enjoyed it for what it was. Not sure the hate to be honest; made us laugh. 

On 6/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, Dazey said:

Always Sunny is fucking wank! :lol:

Blasphemy!  Easily one of the best shows on television. Some of the later seasons are some of its best. 

On 6/29/2020 at 6:59 AM, EvanG said:

Final season of Dark. This is one of the most complicated shows I have ever seen. This is the type of show that you have to binge-watch or else it gets too confusing. I watched the previous season about a year ago and that is apparently already too long ago for me to remember all the different timelines, characters and plot twists. Fantastic show, though, but very confusing. 

I’m in the exact same boat as you, except I watched the second season back in February and have already forgotten how everything is connected and what everyone is doing.  Now I feel I have to start the show all over again because I’m not sure I’ll be able to follow the third and final season.  Great show but definitely a mind fuck.  

• Like 1