What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started the new season of Orange is the New Black. Pretty good so far. The first episode was a bit confusing at first, but it worked itself out.

Twin Peaks. Never saw it and yes, I've heard sooo much about it. It only took me the better part of a quarter of a century to get around to it...

And Audrey Horne is still one of the best characters of...ever. The show should have focused more on her than Doofy and Whiny (James and Donna). Shelley was more interesting, too. Shit, even Bobby wa

Don't know if it's still on Netflix but a couple months ago I saw a movie called ''The Last Elvis''. It's an amazing argetinian movie. If you like the theme ''Elvis Presley'' you gonna love it.

Edited by alcapone_dudu

The Last Dance, on Netflix

About the Chicago Bulls basketball team during Michael Jordans time with them. Really well made. I didnt know about all the drama towards the end.

• Like 2
On 4/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, alcapone_dudu said:

Don't know if it's still on Netflix but a couple months ago I saw a movie called ''The Last Elvis''. It's an amazing argetinian movie. If you like the theme ''Elvis Presley'' you gonna love it.

I haven't heard of this, very cool.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, soon said:

About the Chicago Bulls basketball team during Michael Jordans time with them. Really well made. I didnt know about all the drama towards the end.

Only watched the first episode so far but it looks like this is going to be an amazing doc.

Being an NBA fan and actually a Bulls fan im pretty knowledgeable of all the history and drama but the first episode still really pulled me in.

• Like 1
On 21/4/2020 at 6:15 PM, soon said:

What a doc!!! 

• Like 2

finally go to my friend's house to see the last 4 shows of the second season of "Tell me a story" which was on CBS access. The first season was awesome and this season was too.

It's adult versions of kids's fairy tales. Anyway, not sure if there'll be a third season since everything is shut down for now.

Creepshow is coming to AMC on Monday. This new series was on Shudder but is now on AMC. I think AMC will have the second season too. Can't wait for this series. The two Creepshow movies were so awesome.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:17 AM, SoulMonster said:

Bosch is great. 

About to start season 3 of Fauda :)

Love the Bosch character. Read every Bosch book that Michael Connelly has written. I heard the show was good too. Wish they would sell it on blue ray or dvd. Don't have amazon prime.

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Love the Bosch character. Read every Bosch book that Michael Connelly has written. I heard the show was good too. Wish they would sell it on blue ray or dvd. Don't have amazon prime.

I haven't read the books, but I really like the TV series. The character is great, yes. What I like about the TV series is that is feels kind of realistic. The plots swirls and move in unexpected ways, and it isn't all gloomy realism. There are good thing, too. Characters you can cheer on that stays that way throughout the series. Relationship that don't get broken and ruined. And the theme music is fantastic :)

A friend of mine's brother gave me one of Michael Connelly's books awhile back. I loved it. The Bosch character is wonderful. He's basically a good man, but he has his problems like we all do. He will and does bend the rules sometimes.  I also love the character's half brother, Mickey Haller, he's the Lincoln Lawyer.

Does the show include Mickey the lawyer sometimes and Bosch's daughter too.? He had a wife, but well, shit happens.

Anyway, Michael Connelly's used to be a police reporter, so he knows how to write crime novels very well. I had the pleasure of meeting him in a Borders' bookstore when we actually had book stores. Anyway, he was very nice and talked about how he got started writing. There are many Bosch books out there now, so if you started you can read them for a long time to come.

Oh yeah, Bosch is a huge jazz fan and even in the books he always mentions playing his music. Michael connelly even made a cd with some of Harry's favorite jazz musicians on it.

I finally saw Glass a few weeks back and.....why am I so late to the James McAvoy train??? I cant get over his performance in that and Split which I had to re-watch because I remember how great it was when it first came out.

Dammit! And now I'm looking up interviews with him so I can listen to his accent :lol:

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

I finally saw Glass a few weeks back and.....why am I so late to the James McAvoy train??? I cant get over his performance in that and Split which I had to re-watch because I remember how great it was when it first came out.

Dammit! And now I'm looking up interviews with him so I can listen to his accent :lol:

I liked this movie alot. Didn't care for the ending though. I felt bad for all the characters. Yeah, James was awesome with all his many characters. Always great to see Bruce.

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

James has a really nice English accent, but he's so good with other accents. Did you see him when he hosted Saturday Night Live? OMG! He was so funny with all the accents especially the one with a New York accent. He hit the nail on the head!

Posted (edited)

I’ve been binge watching This Is Us, not normally my type of show but I can’t stop watching it now.

On 12/05/2020 at 9:12 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

James has a really nice English accent, but he's so good with other accents. Did you see him when he hosted Saturday Night Live? OMG! He was so funny with all the accents especially the one with a New York accent. He hit the nail on the head!

His natural Scottish accent is lovely 🥰

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

I watched Uncut Gems last night on Netflix. 

Holy shit, what an overrated movie and incredibly overrated performance from Sandler. 

The movie itself was "here's two hours of this guy making the worst decisions ever" and Sandlers performance was "what if I just yell over everyone else"? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I watched Uncut Gems last night on Netflix. 

Holy shit, what an overrated movie and incredibly overrated performance from Sandler. 

The movie itself was "here's two hours of this guy making the worst decisions ever" and Sandlers performance was "what if I just yell over everyone else"? 

I thought it was kinda overrated cause Sandler's other movies in recent times were total shit but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Did you like Punch Drunk Love? that one is my favorite Sandler movie.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I thought it was kinda overrated cause Sandler's other movies in recent times were total shit but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Did you like Punch Drunk Love? that one is my favorite Sandler movie.

I've still never watched that one. I've heard nothing but good things about it, just haven't got around to watching it yet.

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've still never watched that one. I've heard nothing but good things about it, just haven't got around to watching it yet.

I recommend you give it a try. Curious what you'll think about it. Paul Thomas Anderson is a brilliant director imo.

• Like 1
On 5/12/2020 at 3:12 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I liked this movie alot. Didn't care for the ending though. I felt bad for all the characters. Yeah, James was awesome with all his many characters. Always great to see Bruce.

He does have a great English accent. I didnt know he hosted SNL, now i know what im looking up next! :P

I thought the ending was bit confusing having to do with the therapist lady and her background. I haven't seen Unbreakable so i dont know if that info i need to understand anything.

On 31-5-2020 at 9:40 PM, EvanG said:

Now starting with The End of the Fucking World.

Finished it. Brilliant show. And with a fantastic soundtrack. Definitely worth the hype.