What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)

Ace Nova

Just heard Netflix is cancelling the final season of Glow even though they gave the show a renewal to finish the story.

That’s disappointing since it was a great show that deserve a final season to wrap things up.

The suck that is 2020 keeps on keeping on. 

25 minutes ago, downzy said:

Just heard Netflix is cancelling the final season of Glow even though they gave the show a renewal to finish the story.

That’s disappointing since it was a great show that deserve a final season to wrap things up.

The suck that is 2020 keeps on keeping on. 

That sucks! Loved the first season and I've not had chance to see Season 2 yet. Not if it's worth seeing now if it ends without proper resolution.

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

That sucks! Loved the first season and I've not had chance to see Season 2 yet. Not if it's worth seeing now if it ends without proper resolution.

It is definitely worth continued watching if you’re only on season one.  Each season is sort of self-encapsulated.  The show gets stronger with each season. (Plus, there’s a good Alison Brie topless scene in season three if that helps).

There is some element of finality for the end of season three but i was looking forward to seeing what the show runners had in store.

I would imagine a show where the actors are required to be in such close contact made it hard to justify holding production terms.  Still sad though. 

22 minutes ago, downzy said:

It is definitely worth continued watching if you’re only on season one.  Each season is sort of self-encapsulated.  The show gets stronger with each season. (Plus, there’s a good Alison Brie topless scene in season three if that helps).

There is some element of finality for the end of season three but i was looking forward to seeing what the show runners had in store.

I would imagine a show where the actors are required to be in such close contact made it hard to justify holding production terms.  Still sad though. 

Cool, I'll trust your judgement and watch the rest of it then. I'm loving The Boys right now.*

*Fuck off @Len Cnut :lol: 

On 9/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, downzy said:

Not sure why I decided to dive in, but began watching all the old Married with Children episodes.  

It's really interesting to watch from a sociological and personal perspective.  I remember the show as a kid growing up.  Much of what I remember about the show doesn't actually appear until later in the seasons.  It's been interesting to watch how the show morphs Al Bundy's character from this sort of lowly and pathetic loser in the first three or four seasons to a pseudo "Man's man" that lives off his former high school glory.  The whole schtick of scoring four touchdowns in a single game doesn't even get mentioned until season 5.  

There's zero chance a show like this could be made today.  The misogyny is ridiculous.  Listening to grow men cat call and lose their shit when Kelly walks in with a short tight dress is unbelievable.  While Al and Bud come off as pathetic and sad, the character of Peggy is so utterly deplorable and wretched that she makes all the other characters look benign in comparison.   Marcy seems to serve as nothing more than a target for the male characters to lob insults on career-minded females (but also to undermine that quality by making her sex-obsessed).  That said, Amanda Bears who plays Marcy is easily the best actor on the show.  

Anyway, really interesting to watch the show 30 years later.  I always considered it junk television but it's really fascinating to see how the show has held up (or doesn't) after all this time.  Put in the age of Trumpism, the show makes a lot more sense.  Or perhaps Married with Children makes sense of the current political climate we're in.  

I always liked Married... it's like a cartoon, totally over the top. The working title for it was Not The Cosbys because it had to be the opposite of the friendly Huxtables at the time, and they definitely achieved that. It wasn't just the tone, the formula was different from most other sitcoms. Normally in a sitcom the main characters are happy, something bad happens in a comical way, but then after twenty minutes everything is well and good again. Married was the opposite, Al is depressed at the beginning of the episode, then something happens that makes him almost happy for a moment, but then the Bundy curse happens and at the end of the episode he is back to being miserable. There are only a few episodes where Al actually wins in the end. I sometimes still watch it because it's always on some network still, and some episodes are still good... off the top of my head, the one where Al can't remember the title of a record. Or the one where he goes back to the library to return a book 30 years later and the librarian has been waiting for him for all this time.

Edited by EvanG

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Cool, I'll trust your judgement and watch the rest of it then. I'm loving The Boys right now.*

The Boys is great. Just watched the penultimate episode of season two and things get insane.  You’re in for a hell of a ride. 

I just talked to my wife and she agreed that while i would have been nice to get another season of Glow it isn’t completely necessary. Not to ruin anything but they do a good job of concluding a lot of story lines by the end of season three.  I was kind of surprised they announced a renewal for one more year.  As I said, it would have been nice to get another season but it’s not detrimental. 

So keep watching.  Plus, boobs. 

Little update:

Westworld Season 3
Goldbergs
Schooled
Kidding Season 2
Big little lies Season 2
Barry Season 2
Deputy
Hooten and the lady
Silicon Valley Final season
The brink
Veep Final season
Deadbeat
Hung
Single parents
The Unicorn
The Librarians
Divorce
Watchmen
Once upon a time Final season
Halt and catch fire

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Little update:

Westworld Season 3
Goldbergs
Schooled
Kidding Season 2
Big little lies Season 2
Barry Season 2
Deputy
Hooten and the lady
The brink
Veep Final season
Deadbeat
Hung
Single parents
The Unicorn
The Librarians
Divorce
Watchmen
Once upon a time Final season
Halt and catch fire

Its wild to live at a time with so much quality content to choose from - because I haven't seen one show/film from your list! But I'm sure they're all great. There's just so much content!!

Whats The Librarians like?

22 hours ago, soon said:

Its wild to live at a time with so much quality content to choose from - because I haven't seen one show/film from your list! But I'm sure they're all great. There's just so much content!!

Yeah. And there is still so much stuff I want to watch. But with no travelling and no concerts, I finally can catch up.
Librarians is a fun show, think a mixture of Indiana Jones and Warehouse 13.

Oh, and I forgot, also finished/rewatched
Teen Wolf
Black-ish
Vikings 5.1

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 9:42 PM, soon said:

You probably know this, but it's a spin-off to the three Librarian movies with Noah Wyle. 
It is on my to-watch list. 

On 10/7/2020 at 9:49 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. And there is still so much stuff I want to watch. But with no travelling and no concerts, I finally can catch up.
Librarians is a fun show, think a mixture of Indiana Jones and Warehouse 13.

Oh, and I forgot, also finished/rewatched
Teen Wolf
Black-ish
Vikings 5.1

Thanks for the tip, didn't know about Warehouse 13, it could be fun. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You probably know this, but it's a spin-off to the three Librarian movies with Noah Wyle. 

I didnt know that, thanks! Im not sure why Librarian just stood out too me, just seemed like something I might like.

Just watched a trailer for one of the films - looks cool! Good swashbuckling adventure, with some magic and whimsy. Sounds fun. Will check these out. Cheers!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Thanks for the tip, didn't know about Warehouse 13, it could be fun. 

Yes. Warehouse is fun. If you like the Librarians, I'm sure you like Warehouse too.

Just watched "Flesh and bone". It deals in the world of ballet (don't particularly care for ballet), but it was entertaining. Only one season. So a quick watch.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 6:27 PM, EvanG said:

the one where Al can't remember the title of a record.

I literally watched this episode a few days after you mentioned it. The funny thing is I remember this episode as well, including Al’s singing of the song “hmmm, hmmm, him.”  Funny to re-watch it nearly thirty years later and still remember that tune. Also funny to see a young Matt Lebanc play one of Kelly’s boyfriends. 

7 hours ago, downzy said:

I literally watched this episode a few days after you mentioned it. The funny thing is I remember this episode as well, including Al’s singing of the song “hmmm, hmmm, him.”  Funny to re-watch it nearly thirty years later and still remember that tune. Also funny to see a young Matt Lebanc play one of Kelly’s boyfriends. 

Like most successful sitcoms, it had a lot of famous guest appearances throughout the seasons from B.B. King to 80 stars Alan Thicke, Corey Feldman, Shannon Tweed and so many more. But also a lot of people that weren't famous yet like Pamela Anderson, Milla Jovovich, Joey Lauren Adams.

Anyway, I actually watched an episode this week for the first time in a long time. The one where Bud starts dating his teacher and finally Al storms into the classroom to confront her but mistakes her for some 70 year old substitute teacher and embarrasses Bud in front of the entire class. ''Son, are you really going out with this prune-face?'' I forgot about that one in my previous post, probably one of the funniest moments on that show from what I remember.

Edited by EvanG

On 10/14/2020 at 12:55 AM, NostalgiaGoddess said:

I just finished Punky Brewster on Peacock, and I'm now watching Saved By The Bell 

My family also got rid of Hulu and switched back to Netflix, so now I'm watching Moesha and Saint Seiya there. 

Wow loved those shows when I was a kid. I heard they may have a reunion of Saved by the Bell, but not sure with the covid 19 now?

After I found out what an asshole Dustin Diamond was, whenever I watch this show I really can't stand his character of Skreetch. What a jerk. One of my local cable channels have SBTB on weekends. Wish they would have Punky Brewster on air somewhere. It was a very cute show.

• Thanks 1

Netflix cancelled the second season of I Am Not Okay With This because of corona, which is a surprise because I thought it was a popular show. It was from the same people behind The End Of The Fucking World, one of the best shows I've seen in the last few years.

I’ve been on a Star Trek bent the last couple of months. After finishing all seven seasons of The Next Generation, I checked out Picard.

Really enjoyed Star Trek: Picard and made me sad to contemplate what could have been done with Star Wars had they put the focus on the original characters in the latest trilogy. Hoping a second season is a possibility but with Patrick’s age and covid shutting down a lot of productions it doesn’t seem likely.

Now watching Star Trek Discovery and really liking this show (though my interest took a hit a bit with them employing the alternative universe trope for the second half of the first season). Really love the tone and feel of the show and how they have remade the Klingons to look mean and formidable. Closest thing we’ve gotten to in terms of a Star Trek property being geared more to adults. Looking forward to the second half of the first season and catching up to the newly released third season. 

On 10/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Little update:

Westworld Season 3
Goldbergs
Schooled
Kidding Season 2
Big little lies Season 2
Barry Season 2
Deputy
Hooten and the lady
The brink