Jump to content

What Are You Watching On NETFLIX, Amazon Prime & Hulu? (All things Streaming)


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, soon said:

Yay!! I guess we'll be watching at the same time! I forget if there was 2-3 original films, I should give them another watch too.

Still thoroughly enjoying The Mentalists too, thanks again :headbang:

3, although the 1st and 2nd movies were my faves and so glad to hear you are enjoying the Mentalist. Its hard not to like! :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started the new season of Orange is the New Black. Pretty good so far. The first episode was a bit confusing at first, but it worked itself out.

Twin Peaks. Never saw it and yes, I've heard sooo much about it. It only took me the better part of a quarter of a century to get around to it...

And Audrey Horne is still one of the best characters of...ever. The show should have focused more on her than Doofy and Whiny (James and Donna). Shelley was more interesting, too. Shit, even Bobby wa

On 9/3/2020 at 8:02 AM, soon said:

Ahhhh! yes! Cobra Kai is on Netflix!!

@marlingrl03 I know you like Karate Kid, did you already watch it all on YT? I loved the first 2 episodes I saw. Now theres 2 season :headbang:

I just watched the first 2 episodes...oh wow, I'm hooked! I wish the episodes were longer and the flashback scenes from the movies were an awesome touch. Thanks Netflix!!!! B-)

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I just watched the first 2 episodes...oh wow, I'm hooked! I wish the episodes were longer and the flashback scenes from the movies were an awesome touch. Thanks Netflix!!!! B-)

Well said. I’ve watched the first two and f’n love it! And the flash backs are too cool - makes it way more ‘real’ to me.

Cant wait to watch ep3 :headbang:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the last 4 episodes of this season's Lucifer! What an awesome finale! Love this show. Tom Ellis is so damn funny as Lucifer. All the characters are so super cool.

Can't wait for season 6 and so glad it was renewed by Netflix. This show just got better when it went to air on Netflx. It's Fox's loss.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:12 AM, soon said:

Well said. I’ve watched the first two and f’n love it! And the flash backs are too cool - makes it way more ‘real’ to me.

Cant wait to watch ep3 :headbang:

Oh, I forgot about this show. Might have to see if my friend who has netflix will watch it. She's not really a fan of karate movies. lol

We might start to watch the Sabrina the witch show. She said it's awesome. Love anything horror.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh, I forgot about this show. Might have to see if my friend who has netflix will watch it. She's not really a fan of karate movies. lol

We might start to watch the Sabrina the witch show. She said it's awesome. Love anything horror.

I hope youre friend will want to watch it together! Its got karate for sure, also a lot of heart and humour. Commentary on how much times have changed since the movies. Jokes about different generations and how they engage one another. I would think theres enough of the other aspects to hopefully interest anyone.

Did you ever check out The Order? Its horror. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, soon said:

I hope youre friend will want to watch it together! Its got karate for sure, also a lot of heart and humour. Commentary on how much times have changed since the movies. Jokes about different generations and how they engage one another. I would think theres enough of the other aspects to hopefully interest anyone.

Did you ever check out The Order? Its horror. 

didn't check out The Order yet. I forgot about it. lol There seems to be a lot of cool shows on Netflix now. I wish I could see Jason Momoa's "SEE" but that's on Apple tv. Too many other ways to watch shows now. Can't keep up. lol

Oh when my mom watches movies from the 40's, 50's and 60's, and how different people are played is just terrible. Many white actors playing black, Native American and Asians is just too painful to watch. I guess it was different times, but don't know how this could have been okay?

Glad things have changed today because I love watching movies with different groups of people and how their way of living is very much like everyone elses sometimes. It's good to broaden our lives.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

didn't check out The Order yet. I forgot about it. lol There seems to be a lot of cool shows on Netflix now. I wish I could see Jason Momoa's "SEE" but that's on Apple tv. Too many other ways to watch shows now. Can't keep up. lol

Oh when my mom watches movies from the 40's, 50's and 60's, and how different people are played is just terrible. Many white actors playing black, Native American and Asians is just too painful to watch. I guess it was different times, but don't know how this could have been okay?

Glad things have changed today because I love watching movies with different groups of people and how their way of living is very much like everyone elses sometimes. It's good to broaden our lives.

Well, no pressure about The Order! There really is too much to ever watch all the good stuff on Netflix - we are spoiled.

I agree about liking to experience authentic cultures and groups of people in film. Seems like it still bothers some people when they see greater diversity in film, which is silly. I cant imagine what people were thinking back in the day when white men played everybody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soon said:

Well, no pressure about The Order! There really is too much to ever watch all the good stuff on Netflix - we are spoiled.

I agree about liking to experience authentic cultures and groups of people in film. Seems like it still bothers some people when they see greater diversity in film, which is silly. I cant imagine what people were thinking back in the day when white men played everybody.

I love watching foreign films with subtitles. It makes it more read and I love learning about other cultures. Growing up in Brooklyn, NY I always had diverse friends especially in school. In Texas it's like that too. I feel learning about all people is making me grow more. It's what makes the world go round so to speak. We are all living here may as well learn from each other.

yeah, seeing a white person play another race is just horrible. Thank goodness that is over. I hope so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

More chilling adventures of Sabrina. it's getting super good now. Still in the first season. Two more to go! I do like this version of the Sabrina the teenage witch. Salem the cat is so darn cute!

It's a very good series. I think I have 4 more episodes to go before season 2. So glad I have two more seasons to watch. I'm really enjoying it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why I decided to dive in, but began watching all the old Married with Children episodes.  

It's really interesting to watch from a sociological and personal perspective.  I remember the show as a kid growing up.  Much of what I remember about the show doesn't actually appear until later in the seasons.  It's been interesting to watch how the show morphs Al Bundy's character from this sort of lowly and pathetic loser in the first three or four seasons to a pseudo "Man's man" that lives off his former high school glory.  The whole schtick of scoring four touchdowns in a single game doesn't even get mentioned until season 5.  

There's zero chance a show like this could be made today.  The misogyny is ridiculous.  Listening to grow men cat call and lose their shit when Kelly walks in with a short tight dress is unbelievable.  While Al and Bud come off as pathetic and sad, the character of Peggy is so utterly deplorable and wretched that she makes all the other characters look benign in comparison.   Marcy seems to serve as nothing more than a target for the male characters to lob insults on career-minded females (but also to undermine that quality by making her sex-obsessed).  That said, Amanda Bears who plays Marcy is easily the best actor on the show.  

Anyway, really interesting to watch the show 30 years later.  I always considered it junk television but it's really fascinating to see how the show has held up (or doesn't) after all this time.  Put in the age of Trumpism, the show makes a lot more sense.  Or perhaps Married with Children makes sense of the current political climate we're in.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, downzy said:

Not sure why I decided to dive in, but began watching all the old Married with Children episodes.  

It's really interesting to watch from a sociological and personal perspective.  I remember the show as a kid growing up.  Much of what I remember about the show doesn't actually appear until later in the seasons.  It's been interesting to watch how the show morphs Al Bundy's character from this sort of lowly and pathetic loser in the first three or four seasons to a pseudo "Man's man" that lives off his former high school glory.  The whole schtick of scoring four touchdowns in a single game doesn't even get mentioned until season 5.  

There's zero chance a show like this could be made today.  The misogyny is ridiculous.  Listening to grow men cat call and lose their shit when Kelly walks in with a short tight dress is unbelievable.  While Al and Bud come off as pathetic and sad, the character of Peggy is so utterly deplorable and wretched that she makes all the other characters look benign in comparison.   Marcy seems to serve as nothing more than a target for the male characters to lob insults on career-minded females (but also to undermine that quality by making her sex-obsessed).  That said, Amanda Bears who plays Marcy is easily the best actor on the show.  

Anyway, really interesting to watch the show 30 years later.  I always considered it junk television but it's really fascinating to see how the show has held up (or doesn't) after all this time.  Put in the age of Trumpism, the show makes a lot more sense.  Or perhaps Married with Children makes sense of the current political climate we're in.  

Btw Amanda Bearse (Marcy) and Ed quite hated each other during the filming; he said so himself in a later remembrance in some show. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching tight now- Real Time with Bill Mahr

Last movie watched- Obsession with Meki Phiefer.  Good acting. It is on Sho or HBO. A thriller. Russian mail order bride marries rich, old, very , very nice man. Young Black guy is hired. Hmmmm.....A mystery. Things happen. 
A chick flick, lol, if you want to call that , ok. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started watching Parks N Rec again, and oddly enough my watching schedule timed it to where the episode where Leslie meets Joe Biden in DC came out last night.

after the whole debate nonsense going on it was creepy to me...:smiley-confused2:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard Netflix is cancelling the final season of Glow even though they gave the show a renewal to finish the story.

That’s disappointing since it was a great show that deserve a final season to wrap things up.

The suck that is 2020 keeps on keeping on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, downzy said:

Just heard Netflix is cancelling the final season of Glow even though they gave the show a renewal to finish the story.

That’s disappointing since it was a great show that deserve a final season to wrap things up.

The suck that is 2020 keeps on keeping on. 

That sucks! Loved the first season and I've not had chance to see Season 2 yet. Not if it's worth seeing now if it ends without proper resolution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

That sucks! Loved the first season and I've not had chance to see Season 2 yet. Not if it's worth seeing now if it ends without proper resolution.

It is definitely worth continued watching if you’re only on season one.  Each season is sort of self-encapsulated.  The show gets stronger with each season. (Plus, there’s a good Alison Brie topless scene in season three if that helps).

There is some element of finality for the end of season three but i was looking forward to seeing what the show runners had in store.

I would imagine a show where the actors are required to be in such close contact made it hard to justify holding production terms.  Still sad though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, downzy said:

It is definitely worth continued watching if you’re only on season one.  Each season is sort of self-encapsulated.  The show gets stronger with each season. (Plus, there’s a good Alison Brie topless scene in season three if that helps).

There is some element of finality for the end of season three but i was looking forward to seeing what the show runners had in store.

I would imagine a show where the actors are required to be in such close contact made it hard to justify holding production terms.  Still sad though. 

Cool, I'll trust your judgement and watch the rest of it then. I'm loving The Boys right now.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Fuck off @Len Cnut :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 7:56 PM, downzy said:

Not sure why I decided to dive in, but began watching all the old Married with Children episodes.  

It's really interesting to watch from a sociological and personal perspective.  I remember the show as a kid growing up.  Much of what I remember about the show doesn't actually appear until later in the seasons.  It's been interesting to watch how the show morphs Al Bundy's character from this sort of lowly and pathetic loser in the first three or four seasons to a pseudo "Man's man" that lives off his former high school glory.  The whole schtick of scoring four touchdowns in a single game doesn't even get mentioned until season 5.  

There's zero chance a show like this could be made today.  The misogyny is ridiculous.  Listening to grow men cat call and lose their shit when Kelly walks in with a short tight dress is unbelievable.  While Al and Bud come off as pathetic and sad, the character of Peggy is so utterly deplorable and wretched that she makes all the other characters look benign in comparison.   Marcy seems to serve as nothing more than a target for the male characters to lob insults on career-minded females (but also to undermine that quality by making her sex-obsessed).  That said, Amanda Bears who plays Marcy is easily the best actor on the show.  

Anyway, really interesting to watch the show 30 years later.  I always considered it junk television but it's really fascinating to see how the show has held up (or doesn't) after all this time.  Put in the age of Trumpism, the show makes a lot more sense.  Or perhaps Married with Children makes sense of the current political climate we're in.  

I always liked Married... it's like a cartoon, totally over the top. The working title for it was Not The Cosbys because it had to be the opposite of the friendly Huxtables at the time, and they definitely achieved that. It wasn't just the tone, the formula was different from most other sitcoms. Normally in a sitcom the main characters are happy, something bad happens in a comical way, but then after twenty minutes everything is well and good again. Married was the opposite, Al is depressed at the beginning of the episode, then something happens that makes him almost happy for a moment, but then the Bundy curse happens and at the end of the episode he is back to being miserable. There are only a few episodes where Al actually wins in the end. I sometimes still watch it because it's always on some network still, and some episodes are still good... off the top of my head, the one where Al can't remember the title of a record. Or the one where he goes back to the library to return a book 30 years later and the librarian has been waiting for him for all this time.

Edited by EvanG
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...