The Savages

Charlie Wilson's War

Synedoche, New York

Doubt

Jack Goes Boating

The Ides Of March

The Master

A Late Quartet

Those are my picks for essential Phillip Seymour Hoffman viewing. Some roles are very small, some he's the lead. They show off his range and incredible acting skills. One of the all time greats.

Edited by axl666axl666

RIP. He was a good one.

I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful, but in another thread people are rejoicing about the legalization of marijuana. Bet a million dollars PSH's drug use started with weed. I don't care what anyone says, Marijuana is a a gateway drug. The #1 gateway drug. Many of you who smoke know this, but after awhile, you don't get high anymore, and you start to think of "other things" to catch that buzz; some people start mixing a little of this or that into their blunts, and some people just move on to something else entirely. I do not believe The War On Drugs is working, but I do not think the solution is just to legalize everything.

RIP. He was a good one.

I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful, but in another thread people are rejoicing about the legalization of marijuana. Bet a million dollars PSH's drug use started with weed. I don't care what anyone says, Marijuana is a a gateway drug. The #1 gateway drug. Many of you who smoke know this, but after awhile, you don't get high anymore, and you start to think of "other things" to catch that buzz; some people start mixing a little of this or that into their blunts, and some people just move on to something else entirely. I do not believe The War On Drugs is working, but I do not think the solution is just to legalize everything.

Cool

RIP. He was a good one.

There is some truth to this. I know more than a few people who have turned into addicts over the past few years, they all started out as pot heads in high school. I think it's different for everybody, but for those more prone to addiction marijuana certainly opens the doors.

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead was his best lead role I saw, I'll have to check out Capote.

Edited by sweetness

Back on topic so sad to hear of his passing as he was such a talented actor and from the interviews I have heard a real nice human being...........

edit: So you are editing peoples posts responding to Sunny's yet you don't edit his? what's the dealio with that?

Edited by classicrawker

Fucking dammit man. This sucks so much.

Totally agree. One of my favorite actors. If it is drugs, just another waste.

Yeah, definitely one of my favorites. Just recently I've been adding blu-rays to my collection of his movies. This sucks.

Loved him in Charlie Wilson's War.

Back on topic so sad to hear of his passing as he was such a talented actor and from the interviews I have heard a real nice human being...........

edit: So you are editing peoples posts responding to Sunny's yet you don't edit his? what's the dealio with that?

BS and I already made statements to leave that argument out of the thread, I just edited the bit out and left the bottom sentence in since it was relevant to the topic at hand. I'm not hiding his post because we made statements about that exact post out in the open for everyone to see.

Fucking dammit man. This sucks so much.

Totally agree. One of my favorite actors. If it is drugs, just another waste.

Yeah, definitely one of my favorites. Just recently I've been adding blu-rays to my collection of his movies. This sucks.

Loved him in Charlie Wilson's War.

I'm guilty to say that I haven't seen that or The Ides of March. Just never got around to seeing them, but heard he was great in both.

A Late Quartet is the last movie I watched with him in it and he was great, and the movie itself was very good as a whole. The Master was fantastic as well. Dude is just great in any movie he's been in, really.

I think the first movie I watched that really got my interested in him was Synecdoche, New York. After that I went and started downloaded any PSH movie that I hadn't seen. The Savages, Jack Goes Boating, Doubt, etc. The list went on. He was just so talented. Whether it was a role he lead in the movie, or something small like his part in Punch Drunk Love, he was just great.

lol, was looking for that clip but its not available in my country. I hope American people get over this FCC shit in my lifetime <_<

Hey I never thought I would see us elect a Black President, legalize Ganja or same sex marriages in my lifetime so anything is possible mate............... :shrugs: