Philip Seymour Hoffman RIP

Georgy Zhukov

I guess their work takes something out of them that needs to be replaced. Or all great actors are jellyfish, no self there, which is replaced by the characters. Downey Jr the same. They don't like they real selves.

I like Before the Devil knows You're Dead.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

I didn't have a clue who he was by name but going through his filmography i seen a ton of shit he was in, Lebowski, Magnolia, Boogie Nights, tons of other stuff.

I didn't have a clue who he was by name but going through his filmography i seen a ton of shit he was in, Lebowski, Magnolia, Boogie Nights, tons of other stuff.

If you're inclined to, I listed what I think is his best work early in the thread. All worthy to check out

I guess their work takes something out of them that needs to be replaced. Or all great actors are jellyfish, no self there, which is replaced by the characters. Downey Jr the same. They don't like they real selves.

I like Before the Devil knows You're Dead.

He was an addict before he was famous. I don't think the urges ever go away and any little thing can set it off.

It sucks if he died from a bad batch of heroin, but that might also be a good thing because it means the cops are now going to have to work harder at going after the source.

He pretty much admitted to just loving drugs.

It is kind of weird that as a celeb or famous person your death gets scrutinised. Like of I die tonite they'd say he had on going struggle with booze and waffles. But really it's not that bad, I quite like booze and waffles. But it would be this whole story about booze and the dangers of waffles.

But yeah dying with a needle in your arm doesn't scream dignity. You sort of assume dark and mysterious reasons but maybe he was just an addict.

He won an Oscar for Capote? Edited by wasted

But Before the Devil Lnows You're Dead is my kind of movie. He played it really well.

that was a great movie...he was perfectly slimy in it

and it also happens to be the great director Sidney Lumet's last film

Edited by axl666axl666

So it's just happy stardust coincidence. In Boogoe Nights I thought he was Dustins spawn doing his Flatliners. He actually looks more like a theatre director than an actor. But Doubt I really noticed he was a good actor. Normally I can't tell the difference between Vincent Vaughan and Robert DeNiro. Jeff Bridges also good I think.

Guest Len B'stard

It is kind of weird that as a celeb or famous person your death gets scrutinised. Like of I die tonite they'd say he had on going struggle with booze and waffles. But really it's not that bad, I quite like booze and waffles. But it would be this whole story about booze and the dangers of waffles.

But yeah dying with a needle in your arm doesn't scream dignity. You sort of assume dark and mysterious reasons but maybe he was just an addict.

He won an Oscar for Capote?

I don't keep up with that stuff to be honest. I've since looked over his filmmography and i've seen a shitload of the films he's in. I'm a little groupie bitch though, i only remember the beautiful people :lol: No, i'm really bad for confusing this shit, i confused Warren and Ned Beatty once, didn't i Angelica, thanks for letting me forget it like you did :lol:

I don't keep up with that stuff to be honest. I've since looked over his filmmography and i've seen a shitload of the films he's in. I'm a little groupie bitch though, i only remember the beautiful people :lol: No, i'm really bad for confusing this shit, i confused Warren and Ned Beatty once, didn't i Angelica, thanks for letting me forget it like you did :lol:

You did!?! I don't remember that, or even begin to understand how that could happen. As I do, however, vividly recall trying to teach you how to use Facebook, it's not terribly suprising.

Edited by Angelica

Guest Len B'stard

I never did figure that shit out y'know :lol: There's like a wall and you type shit and it's meant to show up on the other persons shit right, like a chat IM thing but everytime i did it the fuckin' thing just showed up on my page like i was talkin' to my fuckin' self :lol:

I never did figure that shit out y'know :lol: There's like a wall and you type shit and it's meant to show up on the other persons shit right, like a chat IM thing but everytime i did it the fuckin' thing just showed up on my page like i was talkin' to my fuckin' self :lol:

Er, it was like trying to steer an eight year old on their first LSD trip to a logical conclusion. It was fucking horrifying, and I sadly regret the lack of screencaps to humiliate you with. :(

• Like 1

I don't keep up with that stuff to be honest. I've since looked over his filmmography and i've seen a shitload of the films he's in. I'm a little groupie bitch though, i only remember the beautiful people :lol: No, i'm really bad for confusing this shit, i confused Warren and Ned Beatty once, didn't i Angelica, thanks for letting me forget it like you did :lol:Hes an actors actor. I like Before the Devil and his role in Charlie Wilson.

Shooting heroin with 3 kids? Probably wouldn't.

They found a further 20 envelopes of heroin, so that's a total of 70 heroin packages in his possession.

One of the few genuine thespians in Hollywood, RIP.

Edited by NGOG