May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

Man, to think they were doing major us arenas just a few years ago...

Ah well, hope a sow by me is announced

Do you know the venue ? I just googled it and found it has a capacity of 3,500 people standing. Is that correct ? Boy, that is really small...

How far is this from Rock On The Range? I ask because a lot of times Festivals will have bands sign somewhat of a no-compete clause, meaning they can't play shows that are a certain distance away from the Festival because it will cut into ticket sales for that show.

I'd consider driving the 6 hours if there's a substantial setlist change meaning new unheard songs & dead horse, yesterday's etc. If it's OMG, going down and silk worms I'll pass.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Man, to think they were doing major us arenas just a few years ago...

Ah well, hope a sow by me is announced

Do you know the venue ? I just googled it and found it has a capacity of 3,500 people standing. Is that correct ? Boy, that is really small...

How big is the town? Do other bands bother to tour there and if they do how big are the arenas that they sell out?

Xgnr* - Good point about the no complete clause as well.

Edited by Coma16

So this thing was the 7a.m. announcement? I was expecting full tour and a little hint about the 2 or 3 new songs.

Or some info about the dvd, or the status of the new album.... :shrugs:

Tommy has been very clear about the album. As for the DVD I don´t expect anything anymore

Well, the bright side of all these small town gigs is that they really improve my knowledge of North American geography. Americans and Canadians are always surprised I know about places like Buffalo, Lubbock, Calgary, Regina, etc.

• Like 3

Really is quite annoying as a fan that they are plotting another tour without a new release - I know people (and Jarmo) will shout '3 hour show !! !?!?' but that really means nothing to me over here in Scotland, and especially if they aren't playing any new material - I'm sure some people who haven't seen them before get to hear the hits, but really is a hurting to the real fanbase.... having said that.. couple of new(or newish/previously not played by this lineup) songs would be a step in the right direction - and like I said earlier, despite what Tommy said for all we know Axl has been working with Caram finishing up the follow up record and is genuinly planning a release at some point.. (this is of course very unlikely)...

Who cares about a small date in the middle of America, besides the few thousand people that will likely attend (lucky if it sells out). If they build anticipation about big announcements... maybe they should announce something big?. Everybody! knew they were going back to vegas, I mean it was all over the internet for how many weeks now...?

What's the reason behind the tour, at least tell us that, the problem here is that they don't tell us anything so we have to guess ad that just pisses us off more. If they said we're touring again to play some of the cities we missed on the last run, that would almost be acceptable.

The last tour didn't sell very well, I can't see things improving for this run of dates. Most bands agree that America is a tough place to sell tickets. These days, you need to have something that people want to see, and I honestly don't think most Americans want to see GnR or that GnR are on their minds. Release a song to rock radio, get some air-play / momentum then hit the road, going out and winging it seems to only tarnish the band that little bit more with half filled venues with capacities of 3,500.

You have to scratch your head and wonder about the thought process of the people in charge.

His mind's on his money and his money's on his mind.

What do you mean? Are they making loads of money playing in front if an Amish crowd?

I assume this is a quick show they can fit in around the date of the festival, in the vicinity of the festival, for a few quick bucks, a la Brooklyn Bowl with Governer's Ball.

His mind's on his money and his money's on his mind.

What do you mean? Are they making loads of money playing in front if an Amish crowd?
I assume this is a quick show they can fit in around the date of the festival, in the vicinity of the festival, for a few quick bucks, a la Brooklyn Bowl with Governer's Ball.
Yeah I agree with that but it's not like they making money hand over fist by selling 3500 tickets split 8 ways as well as the crew. The fact that they ARE fitting in markets that they normally wouldn't is a positive thing in my opinion.