May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

?

Then don't go, but don't complain about those that are going :shrugs::blink:

Dude relax I'm trying to help him attend a cheap rock show that fits his budget.

Clearly he can't afford GNR :shrugs:

Haha I don't claim to know anyone's financial status based on Internet posts. For all I know, you could be a millionaire. Same goes for me.

I'm a big believer in paying true value, never more. So, for an Axl rose show, I'd pay $20. For a Slash band, I'd pay $30, but that's because I'm a guitarist.

I saw Motely Crüe two years ago at Jones Beach. Well, my friends and I had a night time picnic on the beach outside the theater and listened for free, because tickets were $75 and that was too inflated in our opinion. Had tix been $20, I'd have bought one.

But I'm happy for all the people here who are willing to spend hundreds of dollars and take days off work to see Axl and DJ.

I can't do that, however. I'm saving my vacation days and my money for a summer trip to Asia, which in my opinion, is worth far more than seeing DJ showboat while playing Slash's WTTJ opening riff.

YMMV

Then don't go, but don't complain about those of us that are going. :shrugs::blink:

You honestly think shows of this caliber are going to be 20$? :blink:

No he doesn't honestly believe that....

Looks like a solid venue for nostalgia tours.

I'll go if tix are no more than $20.

For 20$ you can go see The Conspirators

What do The Conspirators have to do with this thread? niceguy said that if the tickets are 20 bucks he's gonna attend and support the band, what's your problem buddy?

Dude relax I'm trying to help him attend a cheap rock show that fits his budget.

Clearly he can't afford GNR :shrugs:

I'll gladly take a banning for this comment, but I think it really needs to be said that you are absolutely the biggest fucking cunt this forum has ever seen. And I've seen a lot in 10 years. Every comment you make seems inclined to tear down the history of GNR. It's not cool, you're not funny, and frankly you sound like an utter tit with no understanding of music, rock n' roll, Guns N' Roses, whatever.

• Like 3

I live in Bethlehem, so I'll definitely be there! Ironically, I saw Slash play at the same exact venue just a few months ago (in addition to seeing The Offspring, Neon Trees, and Dead Sara there in 2012). Motley Crue and Paramore also played there late last year. However, I did not attend either gigs. Overall, it's a very cool space.

Here are a few pictures of the entire entertainment complex:

steelstacks-4c238386e1a55e80.jpg

tumblr_static_sands.jpg

sandseventcenter.jpg

Is nobody aware that bands do warm-up gigs before festivals?

The usual thing I see is people upset that they (GN'R) don't do warm ups prior to big shows. Now they're doing one and people are still upset apparently.

Care to name names? :lol:

I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I don't remember one person complaining about a lack of warmup gigs. We complain when Axl shows up to big gigs and clearly hasn't sung in months, but that's about rehearsing. You know, a thing professional musicians do. :)

The usual thing I see is people upset that they (GN'R) don't do warm ups prior to big shows. Now they're doing one and people are still upset apparently.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I don't remember one person complaining about a lack of warmup gigs. We complain when Axl shows up to big gigs and clearly hasn't sung in months, but that's about rehearsing. You know, a thing professional musicians do. :)

You, Nostaj and Niceguy are a few that come to mind :)

I KNEW you were going to quote me on this!! :lol:

I don't have any specific examples but it usually happens whenever the big gigs do down. A lot of people start in with the "If Axl would just prepare, this wouldn't happen!" which I get and totally agree with. My point is that it seems not many people want to look at this gig in that light.

Man, to think they were doing major us arenas just a few years ago...

Ah well, hope a sow by me is announced

Do you know the venue ? I just googled it and found it has a capacity of 3,500 people standing. Is that correct ? Boy, that is really small...

Bethlehem isn't a giant city. It's north of Philly. Damn, if I still lived at home in PA, I'd be there. And a Tuesday....ugh. NO way. I can't drive that far on a weeknight unless I go straight from the show to work in the morning. Wouldn't THAT be lovely.

Edited by DangerousCurves

Exactly.

Warm-up gigs don't mean the singer (or band members) show up and that's the "first" time they've played/sang for months. Warm-up gigs are usually to get kinks out, see what songs are clicking and what ones aren't, etc. Usually a band REHEARSES together before playing a paying gig.

Warm-up gigs aren't like practice sessions, because people are still paying their $100 to see the band. Some of you are confusing what warm-up gigs actually mean.

Edited by Groghan

Find me one time where I complain about a lack of a warmup gig.

I don't have any specific examples but it usually happens whenever the big gigs do down. A lot of people start in with the "If Axl would just prepare, this wouldn't happen!" which I get and totally agree with. My point is that it seems not many people want to look at this gig in that light.

Preparation doesn't mean warmup gig. You know that. And no one is saying they shouldn't do a warmup gig, but it is what it is. It's a rehearsal that rakes in some dough, otherwise Axl wouldn't show up.

Find me one time where I complain about a lack of a warmup gig.

Preparation doesn't mean warmup gig. You know that. And no one is saying they shouldn't do a warmup gig, but it is what it is. It's a rehearsal that rakes in some dough, otherwise Axl wouldn't show up.

I can dig that.

(BTW, this is better than my original reply which was going to be "Yeah. So's your face")

• Like 1

Well then if you are right I hope there is warm up gig in early March before the SA Tour. It makes a lot more sense than doing it in May. Vegas last 2 week. Their first show there looks a nice warm up to me.

Well then if you are right I hope there is warm up gig in early March before the SA Tour. It makes a lot more sense than doing it in May. Vegas last 2 week. Their first show there looks a nice warm up to me.

Fernando said they've got rehearsals 1st week of March. Here's hoping Axl shows up. He did turn up to rehearsals for the last Vegas residency quite recently.

Fernando said they've got rehearsals 1st week of March. Here's hoping Axl shows up. He did turn up to rehearsals for the last Vegas residency quite recently.

Axl better show up. But besides rehearsals it would be cool and it would make sense a surprise warm up show before they go to SA.

Axl should go to the rehearsals but you know him and his way of thinking. I'm tired of being pessimistic about this band but we all know he's going to come out hitting like a powder puff and not the primed fighter that we all want.

I welcome being wrong about this!