RIP Harold Ramis - writer/director behind Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Stripes

Guest Len B'stard

Anyone ever see that vignette from Coffee and Cigarettes where RZA and GZA of Wu Tang fame (as opposed to the plethora of other RZAs and GZAs out there that you might've confused them with) meet Bill Murray serving coffee in a diner?

• Like 1

I just want to clarify that Bill will always be my favorite Ghostbuster, I have just been waiting for GB3, well twice as long as we waited for CD honestly. But since I doubt the REAL GB3 will never see the light of day (I'm sure we will get some dumb reboot instead), here is the closest thing to the actual film that will ever be. Even though these video's are from my youtube page, I only am sharing them in case anyone wants to see the real GB3, not for shameless self promotion.

Here is the trailer

Here is Part 1, the rest can be accessed via my page if anyone is interested.

(FYI I added music from the original films in order to enhance the experience.)

Edited by Mike420

• 3 weeks later...

Well as I predicted, GB3 is going to happen. But also as I had predicted, it will be VERY different than what it should have been. News released today by Ivan Reitman basically says that it is going to happen, and now it looks likely that Ray and Winston will be the only real ghostbusters in it. That is why I was so hard on Bill earlier in this thread, because Sony has been very determined to get this franchise going again, it is inevitable. So what would us fans rather have, a 3rd film of the original cast that could not be better than the original, but hopefully be better than the 2nd. Or what we are facing now? The bastardizing of my favorite film series that is going to basically milk it for whatever it's worth. We will see a part 4 I'm sure also, if 3 makes money, but as i said, it will seem hollow without Harold and Bill. My only redeeming hope is that Bill will return, if only to pay homage to Harold. I also have some faith for this film, because Harold was involved in the creative process, so it is sort of his final project. It will be part of his legacy, which that does make me smile. Come on Bill, play the role of Peter one final time, do it for Harold.

But that doesn't change my opinion that we should of had GB3 sometime during the 90's, one more go around with the original team. Given what the video game script became, it would have been better than GB2 imo, and thats all I've been hoping for anyways. But given all of the current circumstances, I'm doubtful this real GB3 can surpass GB2, because at least GB2 has the real team....

Well as I predicted, GB3 is going to happen. But also as I had predicted, it will be VERY different than what it should have been. News released today by Ivan Reitman basically says that it is going to happen, and now it looks likely that Ray and Winston will be the only real ghostbusters in it. That is why I was so hard on Bill earlier in this thread, because Sony has been very determined to get this franchise going again, it is inevitable. So what would us fans rather have, a 3rd film of the original cast that could not be better than the original, but hopefully be better than the 2nd. Or what we are facing now? The bastardizing of my favorite film series that is going to basically milk it for whatever it's worth. We will see a part 4 I'm sure also, if 3 makes money, but as i said, it will seem hollow without Harold and Bill. My only redeeming hope is that Bill will return, if only to pay homage to Harold. I also have some faith for this film, because Harold was involved in the creative process, so it is sort of his final project. It will be part of his legacy, which that does make me smile. Come on Bill, play the role of Peter one final time, do it for Harold.

But that doesn't change my opinion that we should of had GB3 sometime during the 90's, one more go around with the original team. Given what the video game script became, it would have been better than GB2 imo, and thats all I've been hoping for anyways. But given all of the current circumstances, I'm doubtful this real GB3 can surpass GB2, because at least GB2 has the real team....

We shouldn't ever have to live in a world where Ghostbusters 3 exists, the second one shouldn't have even happened. This is just Hollywood destroying the prestige of old entities, once again. I'll be utterly disappointed if this movie ever happens, it's just going to be a huge black mark on the original movie. They had the Ghostbusters video game, and it worked. Leave it at that.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It's sort of become the Chinese Democracy of movies....

That kinda gives a disturbing glimpse into my psychy, why must I love things that seem to take forever and can never possibly live up to the hype? I must be damaged....

It's not really the ChiDem of movies because it never officially went into production until now.

There have been tons of high-profile series and sequels that underwent similar gestation periods... just look at Indy 4, for example.