Axl's voice on forthcoming DVD 2012

If Axl would overdub perfectly good vocals from the UYI shows, I don't see why he wouldn't overdub vocals for this. And I'm guessing that's part of the reason for the delay. Though the delay could have just been a decision to use this to promote the upcoming residency. But then again we also heard Fernando was demanding more from Universal than they were willing to give for this release.

tl;dr: I know jack shit and am talking out of my arse, like most everyone else here.

• Like 1

ALL live dvds have some work done on them commendable if they decided 100% to go against that,but it's unlikely. I'm sure some um notes have been fixed and maybe a couple of vocals were flown in. I think it will be Live for the most part and the other bit will be "live". Look as long as it sounds good and the audio/video synching is glued up nicely I don't particularly mind one way or the other, much rather have a great sounding alum than an album with poor vocal performances or whatever so I'm in favour of fixing errors... but to a point obviously. If they re-record everything you may as well not release it, if you do minimal work people might criticize you but it is what is... GnR Live. If it sounds amazing we can all go back and check it against the youtube clips anyway!

The thread is a bit of an invitation for trolling anyway. I think we should have one topic pinned "get the bitchin and moaning out of your system of why axl doesnt sound like 2010" then we can free up every other thread talking about it.

I honestly don't see it as a trolling topic. Axl's voice was a concern for many of us throughout that whole tour. I saw them 6 or 7 times between 2011 and 2012. Some nights Axl sounded amazing, some nights very bad. One of the worst shows I saw from him was in Vegas a week prior to the show that's going to be on this disc. Seems to me like it's very legit to wonder how he'll sound on it.

I agree.

People are having an honest discussion about a real concern here. If the only way we can define "honest discussion" is to be Johnny Sunshine about everything the band does, I believe we know where we can find that sort of mindset.

FYI, Schaklers Democracy just PMd me calling me maynard. Only wfa does that. So...

Ok you are not maynard...what is your alty then?

Stop hiding.

My name is Giovani Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio.

My name is Francis Sawyer. But everybody call me "Psycho". If anyone here calls me Francis...I'll kill ya.

If Axl would overdub perfectly good vocals from the UYI shows, I don't see why he wouldn't overdub vocals for this. And I'm guessing that's part of the reason for the delay. Though the delay could have just been a decision to use this to promote the upcoming residency. But then again we also heard Fernando was demanding more from Universal than they were willing to give for this release.

tl;dr: I know jack shit and am talking out of my arse, like most everyone else here.

I think it would be harder because of the visual. Live era vids were compilations easier to cheat audio video sync wise. If this was an Audio release I agree. But then again we've already broken down which live era tracks were from where and what has been overdubbed. You can even tell when they do it in movies. Even the ycbm vid they slowed down certain Axl shots to match the video w the audio

When is the Dvd coming out? Lets see how he sounds.I think he will sound weak and and with falsetto,even in the songs that were originialy recorded with rasp,like Civil war,you could be mine,and so.Maybe a few highlights like Welcome to the jungle,ISE and mr brownstone.we have seen many videos to know what is happening ,came on......

HE IS FUCKED SINCE 2011.I still hope he to sing like 2010,but i dont have a clue what kind of disease or doctor advice has follow.But for sure,he is singing like this because of something,no becuase he thought ,oh! i really love how i sound like this in Civil War or that part of Estranged.

It won't be overdubbed guaranteed.

And you know this how? Oh wait, you don't.

I think its fantastic news that this Blu-Ray is finally coming out !

I also think you guys should be a little more positive - if you don't want to buy it then don't , but Gn'Rs first official Concert DVD in more than 20 years is a great thing :headbang:

I'll keep an eye on you.

Im not going to pay,if it would be a DVd of 2010 tour go for it for sure.I would really love that the dvd will sound like 2010 but if it sounds they will be cheating.And dont know why they did in Live era,the band sounded great that days.

One more question, do we know the exact date of Las vegas Dvd?

Anyway, the show I saw in Vegas was awesome, so I don't know why so many of you say Axl didn't sound good.

Because they are giving their honest opinion of a show they saw?

Because not everybody praises everything Axl does. Some people are capable of forming actual opinions - good and bad - based on the event that they watched or that just happened. You can be an Axl fan without being a complete ass-kisser to everything he does.

You thought he sounded great, others agree with you and others don't agree with you. People are allowed to have their own opinions.

I don't see how they could possibly release this with him sounding like he actually sounded.

This

The band really did a great job, tha show was cool overall, but the weak link is the most important member: Axl

This will probably a fuck up like Live Era (despite that album is still cool to listen)

• Like 1

Here's the thing - "sounded fine" at the shows "I was at" is way, way, way different from sounding fine on a recording.
YouTube doesn't magically make things "sound bad".

Nowadays Axl is for the most part on key, on pitch. What's missing is timbre aka rasp, etc - you can't really hear that in the venue through the PA. Because you're feeling the music move your freaking body and you're hearing the crowd and hearing the sound of the PA *move air*. But on a regular volume on a regular recording? You hear things. You hear things like "Mickey Mouse" or whatever, you hear him use falsetto and you year thinness and you basically hear it unblemished from the energy of the live event.

So please stop "sounded fine at the show I was at", because YES, the show did sound good in the room and in the moment. Plenty of examples of shows that don't hold up even to that.
But the recording might not sound good. World of difference of perception. Singing live - it's in the air and it's gone. Recording? It's there forever and everything has a light held up to it.