April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Very cool. This would be a great opportunity to talk about some upcoming releases. Does anybody know if this will be televised?

It usually gets streamed online after the event at some point. They have a live red carpet thing too and as mentioned before Xbox has a deal with them, unsure if its live though.

I´m looking forward to the performance. As for the award, congrats... but this is not exactly a Grammy

I think it's way better than both the Grammy Awards as well as R&R HOF because the decision is left up to real people to vote instead of a committee. Golden Gods Awards are quickly becoming a well respected establishment in the rock music community.

I´m looking forward to the performance. As for the award, congrats... but this is not exactly a Grammy

I think it's way better than both the Grammy Awards as well as R&R HOF because the decision is left up to real people to vote instead of a committee. Golden Gods Awards are quickly becoming a well respected establishment in the rock music community.

If the name was John Lennon or Freddy Mercury Award I would feel more confortable with it. People vote? I think any actor out there rather win an Oscar than the People´s Choice Award bullshit. This I´m afraid is kinda the same thing but with musicians.

This is great news. I wonder if he has known about this for a while, it might be what has put him in a good mood recently. This could be an interesting year.

I wonder if any ex members will attend? Strikes me as the sort of event both Slash and Duff would be invited to every year.

Edit: A quick google suggests Slash has attended this every year since its incarnation I think possibly Duff too. Will he go this year or be conspicuous in his absence? Perhaps he will have a prior commitment is some far flung part of ghe world ghis year. If he did go as usual it will cause quite a stir I imagine, Axl in theory can't not go if they've agreed to perform.

Edited by alfierose

If the name was John Lennon or Freddy Mercury Award I would feel more confortable with it. People vote? I think any actor out there rather win an Oscar than the People´s Choice Award bullshit. This I´m afraid is kinda the same thing but with musicians.

Golden Gods is more geared towards metal acts; they ain't gonna call the lifetime achievement award the John Lennon or Freddie Mercury award. And Ronnie James Dio was like the Freddie Mercury of metal...

• Like 1

Golden Gods is more geared towards metal acts; they ain't gonna call the lifetime achievement award the John Lennon or Freddie Mercury award. And Ronnie James Dio was like the Freddie Mercury of metal...

If it is a Heavy Metal kind of award then it should be called it Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford or Bruce Dickinson. Who thought it was a good idea to name a metal award after Ronnie James Dio? Yeah I know it could be worst. Lucky for us it is not called David Lee Roth