Rap Battle: Dr.Dre vs. Eazy-E

J Dog

Dre Day vs. Real Muthaphuckkin G'z  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Len B'stard

Dr Dre, all day long, lets face it, they tore Eazy and them to bits. The thing about this sort of battle it ain't won on skill it is won on brutality and it is won on whoose disses are the most accurate and quite frankly Dre's were cuz Eazy and them weren't nowhere by 1992/93 and Dre and them were everything.

Quite frankly this exchange between the NWA boys is probably the worst exchanges in terms of being just plain out of order, you had everything from calling each other gay, hooray for tolerance!s, anti-semetic remarks, making fun of Eazys AIDS, all sorts, was just fuckin' brutal, i heard some nasty shit said on records by rappers but taking the piss out of a guy for getting AIDS is really pushing the boundary.

• Like 2

Yea, agreed. Had nothing to do with who was better lyrically or rap wise or anything. Just straight shit talking. Young hungry Snoop really took it to them. Only thing I will say for Eazy, the whole beef really did light a fire under his ass a bit. It's On, the album as a whole, turned out to be some of his best work.

• Like 1

Dre. Eazy was a studio gangsta. All money, fucked his boys over for a suck of the corporate dick and even had no problem with them going after Cube on hooray for tolerance!z4life when he was doing the same shit to them right under their noses.

Well actually more like Snoop won it for Dre I suppose.

Penguin looking motherfucker. :lol:

Out of all of em, Eazy was the only one that was a gangster.

I knew you'd come in with that hence why I said that. I mean out of everyone you'd think the real G out of the lot would keep it real especially when he's the guy contributing the absolute least and not only did Cube and Ren write 95% of Compton and Dre and Yella do the same production wise, they did it for his fuckin debut too and he still sells them up shit creek for Jerry fucking Heller? Are you fucking kidding me?

Guest Len B'stard

I knew you'd come in with that hence why I said that. I mean out of everyone you'd think the real G out of the lot would keep it real especially when he's the guy contributing the absolute least and not only did Cube and Ren write 95% of Compton and Dre and Yella do the same production wise, they did it for his fuckin debut too and he still sells them up shit creek for Jerry fucking Heller? Are you fucking kidding me?

I think you have a romantic assessment of the criminal fraternity man :lol: He kept it real as one would expect from a criminal, he tried to rob them. Fact is Eazy was a dealer, an actual proper living breathing criminal. None of the rest can claim that or even claim anything close to it, not Cube, not Ren, not Yella and certainly not Dre, Dre was actually a really good boy by all accounts, Eazy was just plain slimy, like people of his ilk tend to be.

Don't let a handful of Tupac albums blag you into thinking that criminals are anything other than thieving bastards when it comes down to it, this whole honour among thieves, keeping it real bullshit is just that, bullshit. Mark my words, when it comes down to a fight over the last tenner in the room they'd cut each others fuckin' throats for it.

Edited by sugaraylen

Yeah fair point but if you are gonna be about money you gotta have an avenue for that, right? Robbing your boys is only gonna line your pockets so much. I mean shit the level Cubes old shit is held at and I don't to say a fuckin thing about Dres career would say Eazy bet on the wrong horse.

EDIT: Dee Barnes would attest that Dre is well hard.

Edited by Johnny Drama

Guest Len B'stard
Yeah fair point but if you are gonna be about money you gotta have an avenue for that, right? Robbing your boys is only gonna line your pockets so much. I mean shit the level Cubes old shit is held at and I don't to say a fuckin thing about Dres career would say Eazy bet on the wrong horse.

Yeah but when you're a street level thieving bastard and a bunch of muppets from your neighbourhood suddenly hit upon fame or whatever you don't know whether it's gonna last, especially when so much of it is built around gimmickery and puffed up deliberately inflamed controversy you don't know where the next pennies coming from or whether it's gonna last, you are expecting a little too much foresight from what is basically a common street level tea leaf. He definitely bet on the wrong horse but then I'd expect that of him. And even then, he made out alright, kinda made a career for himself if you like, got some interesting peoples feet in the door, ended up owning a piece of Dre and making money on The Chronic, despite the fact that it ripped him to shit.

When you come from abject poverty, turn to crime, manage to filter some of that money into a profitable avenue the inclination could easily be to fleece the situation for all it's worth, I mean what kind of a 4 foot crack dealer has serious aspirations to become Berry Gordy or whatever, he wouldn't be Eazy and it wouldn't be gangster rap if the people were all fuckin' wise and clued up and all this, the hip hop community is notorious for this shit, even to this day, faux riches, rented cars, artists that are bought by a handful of cash, some gold chains and a flash motor when in substance they have absolutely fuck all to their name except a growing expense account that, sooner or later, they end up paying for.

I ain't disagreeing with you at all. Just kinda pointing out the general cuntflappery of it all.

But yeah weren't that apparently the case with Pac and Suge? I'm guessing it was the same with Snoop what with having to drop the "Doggy" from his moniker.

Guest Len B'stard

It's the fuckin' same with most of em man, if you look at it only a select few very clever lads have come out of this shit with their just dues and almost all of em, to a man, ends up with some kinds of accusations of fleecing his mates or not doing right by em, happened with Jigga, RZA, Dre (in both directions), Cube, Nelly etc etc etc and so forth. You get the feeling there was a bit of it even with Em', based on the simple fact of why did D12 break up? I mean they handled it like men and went their seperate ways amicably but the very fact that they wanted to strike out on their own suggests that the situation as it stood, with Em' as the de facto giant of the situation, was not to their liking/benefit.

End of the day, when there's money and that all that mates bollocks goes out the window, I mean look at Axl, those boys were his mates, he lived in close quarters with em, shared stuff with em...but when it came to a situation where he could get his name on the dotted line and basically do them lot over he didn't fuckin' think twice, did he? I sit here and like to think that I'd always go halves with anybody that was a spar of mine but then I'm saying that cuz i got 30 quid in my pocket not 30 million, you dunno what it's like in a given situation til you're in it.

Rapping skills alone....they were somewhat close....Dre probably still had the edge....then you throw in production....Dre wins by a bit.

Just a bit? Eazy may have been the iconic guy of the lot but he obviously had minimal talent of his own.

Eazy is a better rapper than Dre, in my opinion. Dre is laborious, boring and weak and he isn't even a real Doctor.

• Like 2

I think you have a romantic assessment of the criminal fraternity man :lol: He kept it real as one would expect from a criminal, he tried to rob them. Fact is Eazy was a dealer, an actual proper living breathing criminal. None of the rest can claim that or even claim anything close to it, not Cube, not Ren, not Yella and certainly not Dre, Dre was actually a really good boy by all accounts, Eazy was just plain slimy, like people of his ilk tend to be.

Don't let a handful of Tupac albums blag you into thinking that criminals are anything other than thieving bastards when it comes down to it, this whole honour among thieves, keeping it real bullshit is just that, bullshit. Mark my words, when it comes down to a fight over the last tenner in the room they'd cut each others fuckin' throats for it.

I agree with both if that's possible. In the beginning you could say Dre and Cube used Eazy first. I mean why did they go to him? Not out of love or being homeboys or liking his skills, they went to him for money. He was the dopeman and had the money to help them get started. When Heller decided he wanted Eazy as his right hand man, over see-er, exec. producer, etc, Eazy did what he knew, he took the money. Not saying it's right, but that's how the game goes most of the time. Heller was the real villain in the whole story, everybody else was just another piece of the big money record label puzzle.

As for the battle, I really don't think it's all that lopsided. Real Muthuphuckkin G'z goes hard. It's On (the song) goes hard. Matter of fact, I think, It's On Dr.Dre 187um Killa, as an album is a west coast classic. I still think Dre Day is better, but you could actually tell Eazy put his heart into the whole battle. But got damn you just couldn't fuck with young Snoop backing up Dre.

• Like 1

Rapping skills alone....they were somewhat close....Dre probably still had the edge....then you throw in production....Dre wins by a bit.

Just a bit? Eazy may have been the iconic guy of the lot but he obviously had minimal talent of his own.

Maybe it doesn't translate well in Australian vernacular....in American slang...the way I phrased the sentence, "wins by a bit"...means a good/large margin.... ;)

Edited by Kasanova King

Guest Len B'stard

Rapping skills neither of em had shit cuz neither of em wrote their own rhymes :lol:

Exactly. Which is why Dre, one of the best producers of all time, founder of two record labels and promoters of good talent wins in any logical debate.

Yeah but the question specified 'rapping skills alone'...i do agree with you though.

As for the battle, I really don't think it's all that lopsided. Real Muthuphuckkin G'z goes hard. It's On (the song) goes hard. Matter of fact, I think, It's OnDr.Dre 187um Killa, as an album is a west coast classic. I still think Dre Day is better, but you could actually tell Eazy put his heart into the whole battle. But got damn you just couldn't fuck with young Snoop backing up Dre.

Thats the thing though, when it's not about rapping skills it just becomes about, as you say, who goes hard and as JD was saying, who like...I mean it don't matter how well or how hard your dissing someone when skills are like, out of the equation it becomes more about...what you embody. When one is blowing up HUGE and getting all this airplay and radio play and acclaim, no matter how hard the littler guy goes (and thats whats Eazy became after he went solo) he's kinda like a whippet snapping at an elephants heels.
It's kinda like the battle between Nelly and KRS One, now KRS could rip Nelly to pieces lyrically in his fuckin' sleep but when 30,000 people hear KRS's release and he's this kinda old school artist that caters to like, hip hop purists...and then you got Nelly selling 8 million records and dissing him, even when KRS wins he kinda loses. There's a certain kinda hip hop purist that'll have love for KRS and see Nelly as like this kinda kids things but then millions of millions of millions more other hear Nelly, Nelly gets played in the clubs, Nelly goes to radio stations around the world and makes all this crazy money...KRS is always gonna look something of a minnow in that light and i think that plays a part in the Dre and Eazy thing cuz Dre was just taking off...and by 93 when Snoop came out, it was like game over man, it was like 'Eazy who?'. Those disses were like Eazys last hurrah if you really think about it, there was something of the defeated man to em. Least to my eyes.