The Ukraine Situation

downzy

They call Obama weak because he doesn't fallow with what he says he will do....Putin made a fool of him on Syria and is provoking him right now with Ukraine and Obama together with EU will just bark like dogs at Putin and at the end wont do jack shit about.

How did Putin make a fool of Obama on Syria? I must have missed that part. Assad did as he was told and in exchange the U.S. stayed out of their conflict. Obama did exactly what he should have done in that situation. Had Assad not complied, more than likely, the U.S. would have intervened.

When was Russia attacked? When did Ukraine invade a country? (Iraq > Kuwait). When did the U.S. invade Iraq for territorial gain? And when did the U.S. state that the reason they were invading Iraq was to protect the English speaking people of Iraq?

It seems that many people are fleeing to Russia.

no they don't. people who put Russian flag on Crimea parliament turned out to be russian citizens.

many people want to have Russian as a second state language, they want to keep their cultural identity. but there are not too many people who want to live in Russia, maybe 5-10%. they are free to leave

I am talking about refugees.

What do you think about Russians in Ukraine? Do you think they should have the same rights as other citizens?

I ask you, because there is obviously large anti-Russian mood among Ukrainians especially among extremists who took part in violent demonstrations. Among them, there are neo-Nazis.

Obviously Ukraine is very divided, the eastern part of the country voted for Yanukovych who won president election.

ukraine-2010-election.jpg

I am not about to argue Yanukovych, it is up to Ukrainian people to decide. But, legally elected president was apparently violently overthrown. Why do you think that the eastern part of the country should comply with this?

There are no refugees. All you see on TV is fake, made by Russians to justify their invasion to Ukraine. Don’t you think it’s fucking ridiculous that you are trying to tell me what’s going on in my country???

People who took part in demonstrations are the normal Ukrainian people. I was there, protesting. My parents were there. All my friends were there. 99% of all people I know were there. We are not neo-nazis. We are normal people. We want to live in our own state of Ukraine, the vast majority of us don’t want anything to do with Russia.

As for Yanuckovich, he WAS a legally elected president, until the minute he ordered the riot police to shoot at the peaceful protesters. After that he became illegitimate, at least for the people of Ukraine. Several days after he run away from the country. And now we all strongly support the technical government that was formed until the next early president elections in May. and we will fight for our independence

Here we all discuss the information we have, right? I am not the only one. There are several parties in the conflict whose views should be taken into account.

Ok, but do people, especially in the east who wants closer ties with Russia have a right to express their opinions?

When I say neo-Nazi, I think of these people:

'Idea of one nation'.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26398112

@KasanovaKing As to, when Russia was attacked:

http://rt.com/news/yarosh-nationalist-address-umarov-380/

Ukraine nationalist leader calls on 'most wanted' terrorist Umarov 'to act against Russia'

...The statement points out that “many Ukrainians with arms in the hands” supported Chechen militants in their fight against Russians and “it is time to support Ukraine now.”

The message, signed “leader of Right Sector Dmitry Yarosh” then calls on Umarov “to activate his fight”and “take a unique chance to win” over Russia.

Yarosh, who is a self-proclaimed deputy secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, leads the far-right militant Right Sector group. He used to be a leader of radical nationalist group Trident, which became the core of the Right Sector....

The radical leader has been consistently anti-Russian in his statements, calling for the destruction and division of the “Moscow Empire” and openly supporting Chechen militants and Georgian aggression. Yarosh believes Russia is Ukraine’s “eternal foe” and has said that war between the two countries is“inevitable.”

Aside from his beliefs on Russia, the Right Sector leader believes Ukraine should be “careful” with its future EU membership, as the “bureaucratic monster of Brussels” is “doing everything to bring to naught the national identity” of EU member countries.

...Even the fact of Yarosh’s address, whose “hands are stained with blood” shows that the Ukraine’s extreme right“Maidan sponsors” and the forces supporting the instability in Caucasus come from a“single-center” of extremism, Totorkulov stressed.

“We strongly support the deployment of Russian troops to resolve the situation in Crimea as well as provide assistance to other Ukrainian regions, where the population rejects nationalism and asks [Russia] for help and protection.”

During the recent riots in Ukraine, Yarosh rejected any negotiations with the Ukrainian government, calling on his supporters to defy the truces and agreements of the government and the opposition.

The Right Sector has been referred to as the most active, the most radical and the best organized group in the Ukrainian unrest. Well-equipped masked rioters from Right Sector often used clubs, petrol bombs and firearms against the Ukrainian police. Some notorious members of the radical movement have continued to use rifles and pistols to intimidate local authorities, which they believe should be“afraid” of the people....

Umarov, who commanded groups of militants in both Chechen wars and organized several large terror acts, is the most wanted terrorist in Russia. Umarov has claimed responsibility for several attacks on Russian civilians, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the 2011 Domodedovo International Airport bombing, which killed dozens of people and injured hundreds.

In March 2011, Umarov was put on the UN Security Council’s Al-Qaeda and Taliban Sanctions Committee list of individuals. The US government has also announced a $5 million reward for information leading to the terrorist leader’s capture.

The self-proclaimed ‘Emir of the Caucasus Emirate’ routinely recorded video addresses, in which he incited terror attacks against Russian government forces and civilians. He last appeared alive in a video posted on the internet in summer 2013, calling to step up terrorist activities and thwart the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Umarov’s long absence led rumors of his death to spread, but so far this has not been officially confirmed.

Putin has Obama's number for a long time now and I'm not talking about his cellphone. The fact is that Obama is totally spineless and Putin is the complete opposite. He already made a fool out of Obama on Syria and he is doing it again.

This will not end well for Ukraine. If I was living there I'd be doing my utmost to get out asap.

Nobody wants a war. This isn't Iraq when the nation was boiling over for revenge. This isn't even The Gulf War when chances of winning was like 95%. Russia is a dangerous military power with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. This is why Obama is being cautious and Syria did not work out. You don't fuck with a nuclear country. That is why they freak out over Iran, because if they go nuclear than we can't fuck with them. Ukraine is kicking itself for handing over the nukes so Russia thinks they can make them their bitch.

Ukraine has limited options and it looks like they are mobilizing. They are calling Putin's bluff.

This is it, right here.

As much as I don't care for Obama and many of his policies, Putin has him by the balls right now. There is no way he can send US troops there without starting WW3.

I hope this comes to a peaceful resolution asap for all involved. This is some serious shit.

• Like 1

That's a threat....not an attack.

If the U.S. were to invade every country that held radical groups threatening the U.S., we would have invaded more than half the world by now....actually....probably all the world.

I wrote in the context of your post and the connections that you mentioned between 9/11 and invasions.

Well, the presence of U.S. troops is practically in every part of the world.

It's not just a threat:

Umarov, who commanded groups of militants in both Chechen wars and organized several large terror acts, is the most wanted terrorist in Russia. Umarov has claimed responsibility for several attacks on Russian civilians, including the 2010 Moscow Metro bombings and the 2011 Domodedovo International Airport bombing, which killed dozens of people and injured hundreds.

In March 2011, Umarov was put on the UN Security Council’s Al-Qaeda and Taliban Sanctions Committee list of individuals. The US government has also announced a $5 million reward for information leading to the terrorist leader’s capture.The self-proclaimed ‘Emir of the Caucasus Emirate’ routinely recorded video addresses, in which he incited terror attacks against Russian government forces and civilians. He last appeared alive in a video posted on the internet in summer 2013, calling to step up terrorist activities and thwart the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.

That's a threat....not an attack.

If the U.S. were to invade every country that held radical groups threatening the U.S., we would have invaded more than half the world by now....actually....probably all the world.

I wrote in the context of your post and the connections that you mentioned between 9/11 and invasions.

Well, the presence of U.S. troops is practically in every part of the world.

It's not just a threat:

In March 2011, Umarov was put on the UN Security Council’s Al-Qaeda and Taliban Sanctions Committee list of individuals. The US government has also announced a $5 million reward for information leading to the terrorist leader’s capture.The self-proclaimed ‘Emir of the Caucasus Emirate’ routinely recorded video addresses, in which he incited terror attacks against Russian government forces and civilians. He last appeared alive in a video posted on the internet in summer 2013, calling to step up terrorist activities and thwart the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.

Yeah...but that guy is a Russian probably living in Russia...what does he have to do with Ukraine?

Don’t you think it’s fucking ridiculous that you are trying to tell me what’s going on in my country???

That won't stop them, they have CNN to tell them what's real and not real.

Right is right and wrong is wrong, and what Putin is doing is wrong.

The political climate in America will not support right vs wrong right now.

It's like someone is watching the polls, and our administration is basing his actions on that, and nothing more.

• Like 1

If I was living there I'd be doing my utmost to get out asap.

They're welcome.

Instead of people calling Obama weak, etc....how about people open up their eyes and see Putin for what he really is....a bully and a war monger.

Mostly don't like Putin. Never voted for him since the very beginning. But he was asked to provide help. He expressed his readiness to comply.

Да никто его сюда не звал, твого Путина. Ни в Крым, ни тем более куда-то еще. Всё что показывают у вас по телеку – охеревшая наглая пропаганда. Люди, которые возмущаются в Крыму, на поверку оказываются провокаторами с российскими паспортами. Забирайте их и валите нах из нашей страны

Всё что показывают у вас по телеку – охеревшая наглая пропаганда. Люди, которые возмущаются в Крыму, на поверку оказываются провокаторами с российскими паспортами. Забирайте их и валите нах из нашей страны

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45rooMF9h0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFauSC5Pj0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhmPe8JVN6k

Че-то дохуя провокаторов с паспортами, не находишь? Пропаганду показывают по любому телеку, что у вас, что у нас. Политическое убежище по первому требованию своим украинским друзьям я уже предложил, так что все ok.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Ukraine nationalist leader calls on 'most wanted' terrorist Umarov 'to act against Russia'

...The statement points out that “many Ukrainians with arms in the hands” supported Chechen militants in their fight against Russians and “it is time to support Ukraine now.”

The message, signed “leader of Right Sector Dmitry Yarosh” then calls on Umarov “to activate his fight”and “take a unique chance to win” over Russia.

Yarosh, who is a self-proclaimed deputy secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, leads the far-right militant Right Sector group. He used to be a leader of radical nationalist group Trident, which became the core of the Right Sector....

The radical leader has been consistently anti-Russian in his statements, calling for the destruction and division of the “Moscow Empire” and openly supporting Chechen militants and Georgian aggression. Yarosh believes Russia is Ukraine’s “eternal foe” and has said that war between the two countries is“inevitable.”

Aside from his beliefs on Russia, the Right Sector leader believes Ukraine should be “careful” with its future EU membership, as the “bureaucratic monster of Brussels” is “doing everything to bring to naught the national identity” of EU member countries.

...Even the fact of Yarosh’s address, whose “hands are stained with blood” shows that the Ukraine’s extreme right“Maidan sponsors” and the forces supporting the instability in Caucasus come from a“single-center” of extremism, Totorkulov stressed.

“We strongly support the deployment of Russian troops to resolve the situation in Crimea as well as provide assistance to other Ukrainian regions, where the population rejects nationalism and asks [Russia] for help and protection.”

During the recent riots in Ukraine, Yarosh rejected any negotiations with the Ukrainian government, calling on his supporters to defy the truces and agreements of the government and the opposition.

The Right Sector has been referred to as the most active, the most radical and the best organized group in the Ukrainian unrest. Well-equipped masked rioters from Right Sector often used clubs, petrol bombs and firearms against the Ukrainian police. Some notorious members of the radical movement have continued to use rifles and pistols to intimidate local authorities, which they believe should be“afraid” of the people....

In March 2011, Umarov was put on the UN Security Council’s Al-Qaeda and Taliban Sanctions Committee list of individuals. The US government has also announced a $5 million reward for information leading to the terrorist leader’s capture.

The self-proclaimed ‘Emir of the Caucasus Emirate’ routinely recorded video addresses, in which he incited terror attacks against Russian government forces and civilians. He last appeared alive in a video posted on the internet in summer 2013, calling to step up terrorist activities and thwart the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Umarov’s long absence led rumors of his death to spread, but so far this has not been officially confirmed.

This is fake

and yes people of all political views are free to express their opinion, protest and everything. i don't even understand why you ask me about it? i mean, on what basis you could possibly think otherwise?

They're welcome.

Instead of people calling Obama weak, etc....how about people open up their eyes and see Putin for what he really is....a bully and a war monger.

Mostly don't like Putin. Never voted for him since the very beginning. But he was asked to provide help. He expressed his readiness to comply.

Да никто его сюда не звал, твого Путина. Ни в Крым, ни тем более куда-то еще. Всё что показывают у вас по телеку – охеревшая наглая пропаганда. Люди, которые возмущаются в Крыму, на поверку оказываются провокаторами с российскими паспортами. Забирайте их и валите нах из нашей страны

Всё что показывают у вас по телеку – охеревшая наглая пропаганда. Люди, которые возмущаются в Крыму, на поверку оказываются провокаторами с российскими паспортами. Забирайте их и валите нах из нашей страны

Че-то дохуя провокаторов с паспортами, не находишь? Пропаганду показывают по любому телеку, что у вас, что у нас. Политическое убежище по первому требованию своим украинским друзьям я уже предложил, так что все ok.

Послушай, это смешно. Никому из украинцев не нужно политическое убежище в полицейской стране.

Человек, на которого ты ссылаешься, русский криминальный авторитет, которого Крымская Рада избрала под дулом автоматов. Да в Севастополе много людей с русскими паспортами, особенно до хера их стало там в последние пару месяцев, когда их им там массированно раздавали строго по сценарию войны в Грузии. Я не хочу быть грубой персонально к тебе, я тебя не знаю, но у меня такое ощущение, что вы там превратились в нацию телезомби. Выключи телек, почитай разные мнения Снобе, Эхе Москвы, на русскоязычных украинских сайтах. Я даже не понимаю, почему я должна тебе это объяснять, вся информация в открытом доступе

Netcat - are you safe where you are? I hope that you and everyone you know gets to see better days soon.

:)

Thanks for your kind words, Pappy.

Yes im safe so far. hope for the best, prepare for the worst

.how about people open up their eyes and see Putin for what he really is....

a monkey with a nuclear bomb

hopefully everything works out alright for you and your country netcat.

thank you, Bran. I appreciate it :)

They're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpo8TAIeWtM

Послушай, это смешно. Никому из украинцев не нужно политическое убежище в полицейской стране.

Человек, на которого ты ссылаешься, русский криминальный авторитет, которого Крымская Рада избрала под дулом автоматов. Да в Севастополе много людей с русскими паспортами, особенно до хера их стало там в последние пару месяцев, когда их им там массированно раздавали строго по сценарию войны в Грузии. Я не хочу быть грубой персонально к тебе, я тебя не знаю, но у меня такое ощущение, что вы там превратились в нацию телезомби. Выключи телек, почитай разные мнения Снобе, Эхе Москвы, на русскоязычных украинских сайтах. Я даже не понимаю, почему я должна тебе это объяснять, вся информация в открытом доступе

Дело не в стране, режиме и гражданстве. Для меня это вообще никакого значения не имеет. Они были бы моими персональными гостями, поскольку они мои друзья и дорогие мне люди и мне абсолютно не все равно, что с ними может случиться. Мне меньше всего хочется, чтобы они словили шальную пулю или случайный удар битой, чтобы стали частью статистики неизбежных потерь среди гражданского населения. В этом случае, как ты понимаешь, совершенно все равно откуда смерть прилетает, будь то Беркут, Сектор, перчатка Кличко, бандеровцы или войска ГРУ. Я с ними связался, когда у вас в центре заваруха началась, и узнал, что им было реально страшно. Возможность того, что моим предложением придется воспользоваться, они не исключали.

Я уже почитал про этого человека. Но официоз соблюден? Соблюден. То, что он чем-то напоминает или будет напоминать Кадырова младшего, это уже другой вопрос. У нас здесь, уверен, вообще никто в душе не печет, что это за чувак, а чтобы копать нужно обладать некой пытливостью ума и недоверчивостью.

В нацию телезомби превратились мы частично, но то, что дают, то и используем. СМИ играют на чувствах. Люди ведутся. На то они и СМИ. Лично я пытаюсь собирать информацию из разных источников, чтобы составить более объективную картину, и с твоей помощью в том числе. Объективных журналистов не бывает.

Be careful netcat, and thanks for telling it like it is.

Thank you very much. Im glad that there are people who want to know how it is. or at least hear my side of the story

and im not a nationalist or radical, not even an activist, im just the ordinary, most boring ukrainian woman :)

Дело не в стране, режиме и гражданстве. Для меня это вообще никакого значения не имеет. Они были бы моими персональными гостями, поскольку они мои друзья и дорогие мне люди и мне абсолютно не все равно, что с ними может случиться. Мне меньше всего хочется, чтобы они словили шальную пулю или случайный удар битой, чтобы стали частью статистики неизбежных потерь среди гражданского населения. В этом случае, как ты понимаешь, совершенно все равно откуда смерть прилетает, будь то Беркут, Сектор, перчатка Кличко, бандеровцы или войска ГРУ. Я с ними связался, когда у вас в центре заваруха началась, и узнал, что им было реально страшно. Возможность того, что моим предложением придется воспользоваться, они не исключали.

Я уже почитал про этого человека. Но официоз соблюден? Соблюден. То, что он чем-то напоминает или будет напоминать Кадырова младшего, это уже другой вопрос. У нас здесь, уверен, вообще никто в душе не печет, что это за чувак, а чтобы копать нужно обладать некой пытливостью ума и недоверчивостью.

В нацию телезомби превратились мы частично, но то, что дают, то и используем. СМИ играют на чувствах. Люди ведутся. На то они и СМИ. Лично я пытаюсь собирать информацию из разных источников, чтобы составить более объективную картину, и с твоей помощью в том числе. Объективных журналистов не бывает.

Я сейчас согласна почти со всем что ты написал. Большинство моих российских знакомых в последнее время в страшном неадеквате и по уши в украинофобии. Я рада, что ты не такой :hug:

Да я согласна, что в военное время и по разные стороны забора объективной журналистики очень мало. Но одно дело - необъективная журналистика, а совсем другое дело - Дмитрий Киселев, Владимир Соловьев и все остальное, что показывают у вас по центральным каналам. это вообще не журналистика. это геббельсовская пропаганда. вот ты пишешь, что в Крыму формальности соблюдены и дальше всем плевать. Но ты же понимаешь, что Рада проголосовала за разгон предыдущего правительства в то время, когда в здании были люди с автоматами? Тогда еще было не понятно, кто это, но теперь мы как бы уже догадались, что это были русские спецслужбы. Вот ссылка про судимости нового премьер-министра Крыма

http://freejournal.biz/article3456/index.html

И на основании обращения этого человека, а также на основании вот этой малобюджетной театральной постановки

http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2014/03/2/7017125/

Путин ввел войска в Украину. ты это одобряешь?

новый хозяин такой же, как старый хозяин

get lost, assbrain

Edited by netcat
  • Like 1

By Sunday, an information campaign swept like an orchestrated gust through state-controlled news media. There were frenetic reports of clashes in Ukraine, of fascist threats to ethnic Russians and of the flight — entirely unsubstantiated — of 675,000 Ukrainians crossing Russia’s frontier as refugees. (One channel, in fact, showed a short line of cars at Ukraine’s border with Poland, not Russia.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/03/world/europe/putin-engages-in-test-of-will-over-ukraine.html?hp&_r=0

'Idea of one nation'.

http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-26398112

this boy is mentally challenged. maybe 1% of protesters shares his beliefs, and thank God they are clever enough to keep it to themselves.

You never gonna hear this kind of rhetorics in serious media or from someone whose opinion really matters

Edited by netcat
  • Like 1

interesting,

believe half of what we see and none of what we hear.

the same happened here when our main stream media show 2000 deranged left wing Occupy Wall Street protesters in a park carrying signs and chanting, and labels it as a national uprising of biblical proportion against corporate America.

When in reality most of us are walking past them on our way to work thinking, "get a job you bunch or morons".

Seems Putin is staying quiet, but sending more troops into Crimea.

I suppose there is a train of thought that may see this as he is just protecting his strategic Naval base, realizing the unrest that may erupt in neighboring

areas.

Too simple?

Either way, even though Kiev is a long way away, stay safe.

the same happened here when our main stream media show 2000 deranged left wing Occupy Wall Street protesters in a park carrying signs and chanting, and labels it as a national uprising of biblical proportion against corporate America.

When in reality most of us are walking past them on our way to work thinking, "get a job you bunch of morons".

Funny you should say that actually as I was walking through Manchester city centre yesterday afternoon with my wife. We walked past a group of people protesting against the police and banging on about the "occupy" movement over a megaphone. Anyway my wife turns to me and says "why don't they all try occupying a job for once? Fucking hippies!!!!" :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Oh fuck McLeod, you ain't foolin' no one with your right wing tory bollocks, you're all a bunch of fuckin' socialists up North and you know it :lol: