"Real-life Barbie doll" is an aspiring "Breatharian"

ohlovelyrita

"People who think badly about me believe

I also think badly of them but it's not the case.
Actually I really love them,
care about them and want them to be happy.
And I am convinced that when
they become happy they will forget about me"
- Valeria Lukyanova

"A Ukrainian model who has cast herself as a real-life Barbie doll says she eventually hopes to live without eating or drinking.

Valeria Lukyanova, whose doll-like features and ultra-thin waist have stirred controversy in the past, has apparently made it her goal to survive "on air and light alone."

"In recent weeks I have not been hungry at all," Lukyanova said, according to the International Business Times. "I'm hoping it's the final stage before I can subsist on air and light alone."

The website linked that dietary desire to a New Age practice known as Breatharianism, in which followers neither neither eat nor drink, believing they can exist solely on "cosmic micro-food."

Lukyanova, who believes in reincarnation and claims to have been in contact with transdimensional beings, has said she uses her appearance to promote her "spiritual ideas."

But Jezebel.com maintains that Lukyanova is merely starving herself in order to maintain her dollish proportions.

Last year, a 65-year-old Seattle woman who went 47 days living only on water and tea, cited Breatharian yogis as her inspiration. Naveena Shine's goal was to maintain the extreme fast for 100 days, but she called it off after receiving what she called "a message from the universe that it is time to stop."

Commenting on Shine's case, Dr. Ronald Hoffman, medical director of the Hoffman Center and host of a weekly health talk podcast, told the Guardian that it is "delusional to think that you can escape the laws of biology."

At least one person has starved to death trying to adhere to a Breatharian regimen."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/breatharian-barbie-valeria-lukyanova_n_4873706.html

Guest Len B'stard

'We're so pretty, look at us, we're like two Goddesses walking down the street'

Charming selfless individual, clearly. What that basically is is some mental tart thats fuckin' terrified of growing old basically, a really really sad person that can't deal with the good ol' homely reality of beer guts, smelly farts and wrinkles. They just invent all this bollocks as a way to justify their own neuroses and mental-ness.

'I'm a breatharian' yeah, uh, we all are darling, it's sort of essential to the whole living thing.

And she's not a real life Barbie Doll, she's a manufactured plastic toy thats somehow grow to human size and come to life, don't try and make shit sound bigger than it is, she's some tart over in the Ukraine with an eating disorder.

"People who think badly about me believe

I also think badly of them but it's not the case.
Actually I really love them,
care about them and want them to be happy.
And I am convinced that when
they become happy they will forget about me"
- Valeria Lukyanova

Right yeah, cuz the best way to be forgotten about is doing media interviews eh? :lol: 'I wish that people would just leave me alone Oprah!'

Edited by sugaraylen

Oh dear, I really do feel sorry for this poor woman.

Fasting for spiritual growth is (IMO) a good thing, and should be done regularly and sensibly. Not for more than a few days at a time, if you feel like you should fast for that long. She won't have the energy to work and I imagine that she will become ill soon.

I bet the woman who survived off tea had at least two sugars in every cup.

Is Buddha Boy a possible suitor? Altho some reports say she is already married.

"Ram Bahadur Bomjon, also known as “Buddha Boy” decided one day to go to a tree in Nepal and begin meditating for what he initially said would be 6 years. His actions quickly became a huge news story as he received attention from thousands of visitors. The media also had a field day with his story as he attracted journalists and film makers from all over the world. One of the most notable pieces of attention came when a Discovery Channel film crew traveled to Nepal to determine if it was possible for a human to abstain from all forms of sustenance.

Going into the film, the general understanding was that a human could live for several weeks without food simply by living off of fat and protein stores within the body. The troubling thing when it came to studying Buddha Boy was that the average human can only last about 3 or 4 days without water; he was being observed for longer than 4 days and was showing no signs of dehydration.

To determine whether or not it was an elaborate hoax, the film crew set up cameras for 96 straight hours where they observed his every move -or lack there of. Their observations determined there were no hidden water pipes or food sources. What they were witnessing through their extensive filming was what some would call a scientific impossibility."

“After 96 hours of filming, Ram has defied modern science by continuing his meditation and remaining alive.” -Discovery Channel film crew member

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/08/07/buddha-boy-goes-10-months-without-food-or-water-scientific-community-is-baffled/

Edited by ohlovelyrita

Anybody else think her Sister will be hot in a few years?

:lol:

It seemed her sister couldn't keep a straight face during the singing/chanting/meditation/conjuring/whatever so

I think she is the best catch of them all.

Valeria might be a scammer and is just an entertainer but I like her look and individuality. I was amused by her Space Barbie look replete with a "barbie beard"!

I also like how she handled the negativity brigade saying she was amused by the negativity towards her and even egged them on

creating more video responses.

She is quite right that most media is geared towards negativity and getting people to hate something they don't understand. They also shouldn't feel they need to attack something/someone if not their interest. It's not a healthy form of expression to loathe others for merely existing and getting exposure for it.