Richard Fortus possibly leaving GNR temporarily?

Did you read that wrong or do I. Looks like he is getting ready for the GN'R tour early!

’m flying to LA now to do a week of Gn’R rehearsals and then we head to South America for a month. Then I’ll be off for a couple of weeks before heading to do a residency for a month at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas. Hopefully after that, I will be focusing primarily on the Dead Daisies.

there it is.. but again "hopefully"

I think he is saying of all the side bands he is in (besides Guns) that he is focus his downtime on that one that works.

Good for him.

Why would it exclude guns?, after mentioning gnr, he says "after that" theres no bullshit tip toe around this, he's going to finish up what gnr have to offer this year with a residency, then go with the dead daisies, then whenever axl wants to do something he will give him the call..

Very interesting. Funny how he talks about writing songs as a band, not being too precious, doing things organically. Richard since day 1 is a side musician for Axl. GNR is one of his jobs. GNR is not a real band, it's Axl's solo project.

Don't know if anything too drastic will happen, but I sure would love that. Including Ron and Tommy leaving. Axl needs a wake up call. Fernando surely isn't they guy to do that neiher is Del James.

He refers to GNR as a "job"...and the Dead Dasies as FUN and something he is into.

Fair point

seems like he likes the touring with the Dead Daisies and recording some new music

I seriously doubt that 4tus got enough credit with GNR from a creative perspective

I don't think Richard's ever pretended that GN'R is anything more than a job for him. He only has credit for the rhythm guitar on a handful of CD songs, and I've never really heard of him doing any writing for GN'R.

This doesn't come as a surprise by any means, and it's cool that he's drawing satisfaction from the new project.

• Like 1

Very interesting. Funny how he talks about writing songs as a band, not being too precious, doing things organically. Richard since day 1 is a side musician for Axl. GNR is one of his jobs. GNR is not a real band, it's Axl's solo project.

Don't know if anything too drastic will happen, but I sure would love that. Including Ron and Tommy leaving. Axl needs a wake up call. Fernando surely isn't they guy to do that neiher is Del James.

You're not a fan of new Guns so of course you'd want key members of the band to leave so it falls apart.

To me, Richard has got the look and playing style of the real GN'R. I could easily see him playing alongside Slash.

After the U.S. shows, that will probably be it for a while. 2014 will come and go with no new album and more disconnection from the fanbase. At this point, if there is never going to be new music, I don't see how this can continue unless there is a reunion. If not, retirement starts now.

Um he has been with Guns for over a decade. I for one would care if he wasn't there.

You are in the minority, Kid.

Who gives a fuck if it's majority or minority? People who love THIS BAND want to see it stay together. Richard is probably my favorite gunslinger out there today. Losing him would be devastating for GNR musically, the energy on stage would drop way down, and it would generally not be a good scene. I for one hope he stays.

• Like 4