What did Axl mean by saying Take that one to heart and Alright that sucked

Why did Axl say at the of OTGM " Take that on to heart" and Don't Damn at the end he says "Smoke 'em if you got 'em" then follows with "Alright that sucked". What do these lines have to do with the songs if anything. Axl usaully doesn't put stuff in songs unless it has some meaning no matter how small.

I have always wondered, hope someone knows......

Guest Len B'stard

Well it's obvious isn't it? Take that one to heart is like a parting shot, he's spent the whole song giving it to 'the man' and the parting shot is so you can suck me…take that one to heart, there's not really anything to explain, it's just emphasis really, isn't it?

Smoke em if you got em is a term thats related to like, leisure and relaxation and don't damn me, to a certain point, is saying don't crucify me based on what i say and smoke em if you got em at the end kinda offers a little levity at the end of something of a tirade of a song, something that lightens the seriousness of it like ahhh chill out. Smoke em if you got em is like have a coke and a smile sort of.

Alright, that sucked, God knows.

Why did Axl say at the of OTGM " Take that on to heart"

I always thought he said "take that wonderheart."

I never really knew what he meant, I just thought it was one of those random things.... I've never been one to study lyric booklets.

Edited by Towelie

I took it to be a play on what a band might do at the end of a live performance, like they get done with the song and the singer might say "We're done boys, smoke 'em if ya got 'em" and then turn to the band in a parting shot and say "Alright, that sucked."