Rock and Roll Hall of Shame: 10 acts who botched their induction

http://www.hitfix.com/news/10-acts-who-ruined-their-own-rock-roll-hall-of-fame-induction-ceremony

Kiss isn't the first band to reject a Hall of Fame reunion

BY MELINDA NEWMAN, KATIE HASTY, WHITNEY PHANEUF WEDNESDAY, FEB 26, 2014 1:30 PM

Guns N’ Roses

Induction Year: 2012

Axl Rose sent his regrets via a letter to the L.A. Times, requesting that he “not be inducted in absentia.” So instead, his former bandmates, Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke and Steven Adler, were left to bask in the glory and the spotlight. Afterward, Rose seemed to have second thoughts, writing another letter to the Rock Hall in which he apologized to the city of Cleveland for not showing up, but explained that he still didn’t “exactly know or understand what the Hall is or why it make money…who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, official ‘rock’ enough to be in the Hall.” I think we’re all still waiting for the answer on that one. -Melinda Newman

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/rock-and-roll-hall-of-shame-10-acts-that-botched-their-induction#1vblkD8OeyqKj8eL.99

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

Guest Len B'stard

Sex Pistols didn't ruin or botch nothing, the insinuation there was that there was some sort of fuck up involved, which there wasn't, they wanted no part in it and took no part in it, for a number of good reasons, not least the massive disrespect they'd shown The Pistols prior to this phoney induction, the only thing that was botched about it was the spelling on the refusal letter :lol: And i'm sure that can be forgiven I mean, Steve Jones was illiterate when he was in The Pistols, bless him.

Phil Spector's loopy and rambling speech should have been on the list. A lot of the no-shows were due to bitterness.

They left off Levon Helm snubbing The Band induction due to his hatred towards Robbie Robertson, and that's easily right up there with the Slash vs Axl feud (not sure if Robbie and Axl hang out being they're both in Malibu).

Taking that feud to your deathbed is pretty hardcore.

Phil Spector's loopy and rambling speech should have been on the list. A lot of the no-shows were due to bitterness.

They left off Levon Helm snubbing The Band induction due to his hatred towards Robbie Robertson, and that's easily right up there with the Slash vs Axl feud (not sure if Robbie and Axl hang out being they're both in Malibu).

How about one of the Credence widows showing up with the dude's ashes, and John still barred the other from the stage and performed with other people?

THAT is hardcore.

How about one of the Credence widows showing up with the dude's ashes, and John still barred the other from the stage and performed with other people?

THAT is hardcore.

Yeah, it was his brother's ashes, but I also think that was just something the family wanted to do, and I think John wore an AIDS ribbon in memory of Tom. John really hated Saul Zaentz and was bitter towards Doug and Stu for siding with him and using the Creedence name, but it's another case like Robbie Robertson where he wrote most of the songs and got way more money in publishing, even though I think in John's case, it was more complicated. His book's supposed to be coming out this year so we'll see how bad it got. At least it wasn't an issue for them to be on the same stage, just an issue to play those songs, but you're also talking about someone who had boycotted doing those songs when "Centerfield" came out. Robert Plant did the same thing, no Led Zep songs for most of the 80s, but he eventually gave in.

Dumb ol' Macca for not going!

Holy shit, I never actually watched the Blondie one. Thank god the GNR one didn't come anywhere close to that. Wow...

Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Bruce Thomas being excluded from the performance part, definitely should have been on the top 10. There were words exchanged backstage and it was pretty chilly up there.

When the RHCP were inducted and played, I didn't see John F there and no one even mentioned him even though he was in the band a long time.

I respect what decision Axl has made and I also think he didn't have any second thoughts. I think once Axl makes up his mind for better or worse, he sticks with it. That takes guts to stand by a decision when you know some people will disagree and keep harping on it.

I read that Slash didn't make up his mind until he heard Axl backed out, so why doesn't Slash get any backlash?

People are still hung up on the R&RHOF, the day that the cold, harsh reality set in that there will never be a reunion.

Who exactly are you talking about? Can you name one actual person who thought there was going to be a reunion until Axl decided not to show up at RnR HOF?

I read that Slash didn't make up his mind until he heard Axl backed out, so why doesn't Slash get any backlash?

Where did you hear that?

Why would Slash get backlash? He showed up and performed for the FANS.

Edited by Groghan

When the RHCP were inducted and played, I didn't see John F there and no one even mentioned him even though he was in the band a long time.

I respect what decision Axl has made and I also think he didn't have any second thoughts. I think once Axl makes up his mind for better or worse, he sticks with it. That takes guts to stand by a decision when you know some people will disagree and keep harping on it.

Slash didn't make his mind up on whether or not to play the GNR songs, but he was planning on going to accept the award. If Axl had gone, he was ready to either play a short AFD era set or just accept the award and not play, but he still would have played at the end, it just happened to be the RHCPs instead of the usual blues jam.

As soon as I read Val's post (when it was still the last post of the thread), I knew Groghan would be the first one to respond to that LOL.

It is just annoying to see people post false information in an attempt to make ex-band members look bad.

• Like 1

Slash did some recent interview and I read that he said he wasn't sure he would attend because he thought there would be "drama" if Axl attended.

then after he heard Axl backed out, he decided to go for his fans. Whatever!

I think Slash is full of shit and likes when Axl takes the blame for anything and everything.

you have your opinion Groghan and I have mine.

I should have known eventually you would get on my nerves again. I just want to know what I ever did to you to make you hate me so much?

If I've wrong I admit it, but I don't make shit up. That would take too much of my time and I don't have time to waste.

• Like 1

Slash did some recent interview and I read that he said he wasn't sure he would attend because he thought there would be "drama" if Axl attended.

I think Slash is full of shit and likes when Axl takes the blame for anything and everything.

I should have known eventually you would get on my nerves again. I just want to know what I ever did to you to make you hate me so much?

If I've wrong I admit it, but I don't make shit up. That would take too much of my time and I don't have time to waste.

Alright, if you're not making shit up and I've completely missed that interview, can you please point me to a link where Slash said:

"he wasn't sure he would attend because he thought there would be "drama" if Axl attended." and,

"...after he heard Axl backed out, he decided to go for his fans"

Thanks. :)

• Like 1

People are still hung up on the R&RHOF, the day that the cold, harsh reality set in that there will never be a reunion.

Who exactly are you talking about? Can you name one actual person who thought there was going to be a reunion until Axl decided not to show up at RnR HOF?

Gunnari. And I can name others too, mister interrogator.

• Like 1

I don't hate you!!! I'm sure you are an awesome person.

I just think it's weird how you always find a way to bash Slash in every situation that involves him and Axl.

You praise Axl for not showing up and performing for the fans. But Slash actually shows up and performs for fans......and you bash him for his reasoning?

"I think Slash is full of sh*t and likes when Axl takes the blame for anything and everything".............you don't see how preposterous that sentence is?

I knew that Axl would not show up for HOF but I still believe reunion happens in the future..I know lot of you thinks this is delusional but I know in my heart that those 5 guys belong together :wub: Axl performing with Duff was good step towards it..Who would have believed that Axl and Duff would share the stage together..Did you see THAT happening? I bet not.. :P

• Like 1

I knew that Axl would not show up for HOF but I still believe reunion happens in the future..I know lot of you thinks this is delusional but I know in my heart that those 5 guys belong together :wub: Axl performing with Duff was good step towards it..Who would have believed that Axl and Duff would share the stage together..Did you see THAT happening? I bet not.. :P

:takethat:

Alright, if you're not making shit up and I've completely missed that interview, can you please point me to a link where Slash said:"he wasn't sure he would attend because he thought there would be "drama" if Axl attended." and,"...after he heard Axl backed out, he decided to go for his fans"

Thanks. :)

Of course not direct quotes because I wouldn't expect anyone to remember exact words, but here's the interview where Slash talks about not wanting to go until Axl pulled out.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a549549/slash-talks-axl-no-show-at-guns-n-roses-hall-of-fame-induction.html

:takethat:

He just admitted what I said and thus proved my point (not to mention he made the recent thread about the R&RHOF) and you respond with the "take that" emoticon? For someone who runs his mouth all the time about "logic," you sure do exemplify bizarrely illogical reasoning. :crazy: