One incredibly overlooked show. The "sore throat" 2010 Birmingham performance.

At the end of the show Axl apologized for having a sore throat during the performance....there was no need to apologize, the rasp is on Bucharest level!

I chose songs which 2011- on-wards are sung relatively weak/mickey for comparison, things like Jungle were just super raspy but there's less of a difference.

This I Love is just crazy levels of rasp.

With the London show just days before it's no wonder Axl's throat was taking a beating, absolute prime rasp.

Edited by SMG

I make no excuses for Axl's lack of preparation for the disasters we've seen, but singing with a bronchial infection or sore throat, or really pushing through a cold, can damage your voice majorly. Singing through sickness the way he did in 2010 couldn't have been good for him, not to mention the amount of raspy falsetto he was using from 2006 and 2010, your voice cannot hold up to it very long. Utilizing too much falsetto, particularly for notes that aren't normally supposed to be in falsetto, but a mid range (which Axl used to have the most powerful around) will absolutely wreck your vocal chords. The singer of Cinderella, Joe Elliot, and Mark Slaughter are examples.

THOUGH all 3 of them have adapted and healed from either improper singing technique or not letting their voice heal, by taking their voice seriously as an instrument and WARMING UP before a tour, and using vocal coaches.

• Like 1

I make no excuses for Axl's lack of preparation for the disasters we've seen, but singing with a bronchial infection or sore throat, or really pushing through a cold, can damage your voice majorly. Singing through sickness the way he did in 2010 couldn't have been good for him, not to mention the amount of raspy falsetto he was using from 2006 and 2010, your voice cannot hold up to it very long. Utilizing too much falsetto, particularly for notes that aren't normally supposed to be in falsetto, but a mid range (which Axl used to have the most powerful around) will absolutely wreck your vocal chords. The singer of Cinderella, Joe Elliot, and Mark Slaughter are examples.

THOUGH all 3 of them have adapted and healed from either improper singing technique or not letting their voice heal, by taking their voice seriously as an instrument and WARMING UP before a tour, and using vocal coaches.

Joe Elliot still sounds like shit. When I saw them in 08 he was good but last year he was terrible. Even his showmanship was lacking. I don't think he prepared at all

I always knew about this! I even tried it myself. Drink for few days and push your voice to the limit. Then it starts to sounds like Axl's voice. I think that's the way he used to rock beck in the days.

And when you damage your voice singing this way, then, while talking, you have a very deep male voice. And I remember hearing his DEEP voice during the TV interviews...

Anybody agree?

Edited by Ana_1991

These videos and the Down Under dvd are proof that releasing the Vegas DVD would be a mistake. Totally different Axls. One sounds like real Axl Rose, the other is a sad, sedated defeated Axl Rose, sounding more like a cartoon than a rock singer.

Joe Elliot still sounds like shit. When I saw them in 08 he was good but last year he was terrible. Even his showmanship was lacking. I don't think he prepared at all

I agree, he went the all falsetto route and paid for it. But, he still sounds better than Axls non warmed up disasters.

"MYAHHHHHHHH AXL SOUNDS THE SAME NOW AS HE DID THEN"

Are there really people that stupid? I refuse to believe it.

Maybe not to this extent, but more people who are overly content with the quality that's being put out as of late.

The unfortunate thing about a voice is, you have to actually take care of it, most rock stars drink regularly and/or use drugs, both of which will destroy your voice. Doesn't help that Axl drinks heavily now.