BREAKING: Mick Jagger girlfriend L'Wren Scott found hanged in her New York apartment

UK SUBS

Guest Len B'stard

Something about Mick kills em off, eh? :lol: Every bird he's been with has never been quite the same after, Janice, DIckinson, Marianne Mars Bar, now L'Wren.

Obviously it's tragic when somebody resorts to this, but I honestly can't pretend to be sad. All that money and influence, she could actually better society. Go and feed starving children. Go and put money in children's ability to get education. That'll drive away your melodramatic thoughts of 'I really love him/her', or 'I wish I looked like that'. Some people are just extremely self-absorbed.

If I ever start feeling dark thoughts I say to myself 'Fuck this, my problems are an absolute nothing compared to others'. Get out there and make a positive contribution to society. Life is a fucking gift, man.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 2

Very sad. I hear what you're saying NGOG but serious depression is an illness and the mind doesn't work that way when in the thick of it. Assuming of course depression was the issue, I've not read any news stories.

I'm not foreign to the concept of depression Alf, I've had my fair share of it. But at no point during the sadness could I have justified killing myself.

Not only does it discard your potential as a human being, but it leaves everybody else with an eternal pain.

• Like 1

Very sad. I hear what you're saying NGOG but serious depression is an illness and the mind doesn't work that way when in the thick of it. Assuming of course depression was the issue, I've not read any news stories.

I'm not foreign to the concept of depression Alf, I've had my fair share of it. But at no point during the sadness could I have justified killing myself.

Not only does it discard your potential as a human being, but it leaves everybody else with an eternal pain.

People with depression are horrible human beings.

Just heard this announced on Radio 4 news, though they didn't divulge that she was found hanged.

Rest in peace. It's so tragic that she couldn't continue battling whatever was going on. Once again, another rich, famous and beautiful woman proving that the glamour ends as soon as the front door is closed.

Perhaps though it's a sliding scale and everyone has a different tipping point. I agree it's tragic for those left behind but neither can I condemn people who for whatever reason felt they had no other way out.

Some people are just really set on killing themselves. I don't like how people call it selfish, when it is selfish of them not to consider what they went through and why they did it.

People are harsh.

• Like 2

Perhaps though it's a sliding scale and everyone has a different tipping point. I agree it's tragic for those left behind but neither can I condemn people who for whatever reason felt they had no other way out.

Again, I've had several unfortunate experiences that you could deem 'a tipping point'. Very few haven't. The point is, there's always life beyond it. Concsiousness can be so hurtful, but why throw it away for good?

I never said I was condeming this lady for commiting suicide. I just said that I can't feign sadness for somebody that isn't lying starving with flies surrounding their bodies. She may have her problems, but they are extremely minimal in the context of humanity's suffering.

I don't like how people call it selfish, when it is selfish of them not to consider what they went through and why they did it.

It's more selfish to force your loved ones to qualify your suicide for the rest of their lives.

I don't like how people call it selfish, when it is selfish of them not to consider what they went through and why they did it.

It's more selfish to force your loved ones to qualify your suicide for the rest of their lives.

Have to learn to live with it.