Carry On Vs. Monty Python

Snake-Pit

For the uninitiated. Carry On was a series of comedy films packed full of family friendly innuendos every step of the way and Monty Python, was... Rather tame by today's standards but back when it was new, pushed the boundaries for comedy writing and was rather edgy, when it came out. - Having said that, I haven't actually watched Monty Python if I could help it but unlike Carry On... It cracked America.

The poster to Carry On Jungle's so fucking 'wacist' now, it's funny, I think, but I'm still not going to post it though.

Maybe it was all the family friendly innuendos and Monty Python's Satire Vs. Carry On's 'Hanky Panky' and, the racism... That I DON'T THINK but can't be sure, Monty Python ever had, is why America never liked Carry On, but I did. :)

Edited by Snake-Pit

You're scuppered mate, this place is full of macaroons. Of course I could get on the dog and bone and call my friend down White Chapel way.

:D

Ya moggy ole, play down the toad then run into a camel. hehe :P

You're scuppered mate, this place is full of macaroons. Of course I could get on the dog and bone and call my friend down White Chapel way.

:D

Ya moggy ole, play down the toad then run into a camel. hehe :P

Was I too rude?

Does anyone else here speak Cockney?

Edited by Snake-Pit

Guest Len B'stard

Carry On. All day, every day and twice on the weekends. I love Carry On and can't stand Monty Python.

Exactly this.

And Snakes, when has anyone ever called Carry On films racist?

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Hows that racist, it's Kenneth Williams in a turban :lol: They're Carry On films, they are meant to be ridiculous and they are…but where's this racism?

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Cuz it's completely remote from the American experience and specifically British humour and British innuendo, it's clear as day why it wouldn't take off in America. That and the films are absolutely shit purely cinematically speaking…but then they don't pretend to be Citizen Kane anyway.

• Like 1