March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Black Sabbath

Word. i'm not discrediting his workout routine by any means. he obviously gives 110%. i'm just saying it may be somewhat of a lofty standard to hold someone 'natural' to.

then again, axl probably isn't at half of springsteen's level, and i'm saying that as less a fan of springsteen's and more a fan of axl's. just being honest.

Fans are walking away, though, not just in Toronto.

Let's look at Rio and Buenos Aires, possibly the 2 biggest markets.

2010:

Rio: 20,609 / 35,000

Buenos Aires: 35,814 / 43,249

A hell of a lot more tickets than they could sell anywhere else, not bad.

Come 2011, though, they're playing a venue for around 20,000 in Buenos Aires.

2014, they can't sell out 13,500 tickets for Rio, and they're just doing one show in Argentina, in an EVEN SMALLER venue than 2011, which still hasn't sold out.

What were ticket prices for each year? I seem to recall a recent thread stating that they were exceedingly high this year. Can you confirm or deny?

Dunno about 2010/11 prices, you'll have to ask Cosmo and Manets. I paid £60 for my Buenos Aires ticket this year for front of stage, though the equivalent ticket at Rio was upwards of £130 (according to estebanf, Buenos Aires was the cheapest South American show this year). Things are getting expensive in Rio in general, though, and it's not like people's wages are going up with inflation. Still, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans would give an arm and a leg for a decent show with new music.

I payed like 90 bucks a ticket in 2010 for the Canadian shows... or maybe it was 75 I forgot. I can check my old ticket later if you guys want

Fans are walking away, though, not just in Toronto.

Let's look at Rio and Buenos Aires, possibly the 2 biggest markets.

2010:

Rio: 20,609 / 35,000

Buenos Aires: 35,814 / 43,249

A hell of a lot more tickets than they could sell anywhere else, not bad.

Come 2011, though, they're playing a venue for around 20,000 in Buenos Aires.

2014, they can't sell out 13,500 tickets for Rio, and they're just doing one show in Argentina, in an EVEN SMALLER venue than 2011, which still hasn't sold out.

What were ticket prices for each year? I seem to recall a recent thread stating that they were exceedingly high this year. Can you confirm or deny?

Dunno about 2010/11 prices, you'll have to ask Cosmo and Manets. I paid £60 for my Buenos Aires ticket this year for front of stage, though the equivalent ticket at Rio was upwards of £130 (according to estebanf, Buenos Aires was the cheapest South American show this year). Things are getting expensive in Rio in general, though, and it's not like people's wages are going up with inflation. Still, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans would give an arm and a leg for a decent show with new music.

I payed like 90 bucks a ticket in 2010 for the Canadian shows... or maybe it was 75 I forgot. I can check my old ticket later if you guys want

I paid about $85 for Hamilton 2010. Had a couple of gigs that were $50. Buffalo last year takes the cake though, at a whopping $43 including fees.

and they're just doing one show in Argentina, in an EVEN SMALLER venue than 2011, which still hasn't sold out.

Today a coupon webpage are selling tickets with a 50% discount

:o Link? Damn, I should have waited.

The second half actually started off

Pretty good. Then it went back a bit.

He sounds like he's trying to find his mid voice that has been missing since the 90's. The one that allows him to sing with little effort, but it actually sounds closer to his talking voice which is much deeper than those high pitch notes he's been producing. Ever since 2001 it sounds like he's singing songs like Patience out of his nose. If he gets back that mid voice from the 90's it would be huge. At times in this video he sounded great, but at others it was like he was trying to sound bad.

Still disappointed in the effort, at times he looks lost. His moves don't match the music like they usually do. Oh well hopefully he gets back in it. He has a huge fanbase looking for something positive.

I'm not sure I can watch any more of these Estranged performances. It just ruins my favorite song. God, he sounds so bad.

Can you imagine saying that before 2011? Don't think there was a song the fanbase wanted to hear more than that. Undoubtedly the highlight of Rio '11, think that was one of the better performances of the song from nununuGNR. Somebody posted a video of the Terminal 5 performance here, that was horrific.

I'm not sure I can watch any more of these Estranged performances. It just ruins my favorite song. God, he sounds so bad.

Can you imagine saying that before 2011? Don't think there was a song the fanbase wanted to hear more than that. Undoubtedly the highlight of Rio '11, think that was one of the better performances of the song from nununuGNR. Somebody posted a video of the Terminal 5 performance here, that was horrific.

I posted the video of the Terminal 5 performance. It's the one time I've seen Estranged live. :no:

I posted the video of the Terminal 5 performance. It's the one time I've seen Estranged live. :no:

You have my sympathy.

It was pretty good at Atlantic City. I took a video since I knew when it was gonna start, and it was the one video I deleted somehow while watching it :/ Luckily there's one or 2 on YouTube.