Give DJ A Break.

People around here are so weird. This forum is getting more and more difficult to spend time in - its like hanging around a high dependency ward at the hospital or a fucking graveyard at night - so much doom, misery, negativity and poison.

There's no logic whatsoever. Axl's voice is either - back to its best, or resembling a ridiculous Mickey Mouse parody. There's never anything in the middle.

DJ is always portrayed a loser, a mercenary and a hack. A sell-out. A fucking shitty, terrible guitarist. A liar in the media.

Well, do you know what - we have two great guitarists in the band already. DJ isn't as technically gifted, maybe, but that's not why he's there. He is there because Axl rates him as a songwriter. Simple. End of story. Its not about notes per second with this guy, its about his creativity.

And on another level, DJ comes across as positive and full of energy in his interviews. Motivated and enthusiastic. This can only be a good thing for Axl. Axl is going to benefit from having a positive influence like that in the band - someone who he hangs around with socially too - not just there for the pay-check.

I honesty believe having a guy like DJ in the band will be a positive influence on motivating Axl to get the next album out. We all know people like that in our workplaces - yes? So I wish people on this forum could have a bit of perspective - not just about this, but in general too. The forum isn't much fun any more - really strange, especially today, when you'd think with tonight's concert, there would be a bit more optimism.

• Like 4

People around here are so weird. This forum is getting more and more difficult to spend time in - its like hanging around a high dependency ward at the hospital or a fucking graveyard at night - so much doom, misery, negativity and poison.

There's no logic whatsoever. Axl's voice is either - back to its best, or resembling a ridiculous Mickey Mouse parody. There's never anything in the middle.

DJ is always portrayed a loser, a mercenary and a hack. A sell-out. A fucking shitty, terrible guitarist. A liar in the media.

Well, do you know what - we have two great guitarists in the band already. DJ isn't as technically gifted, maybe, but that's not why he's there. He is there because Axl rates him as a songwriter. Simple. End of story. Its not about notes per second with this guy, its about his creativity.

And on another level, DJ comes across as positive and full of energy in his interviews. Motivated and enthusiastic. This can only be a good thing for Axl. Axl is going to benefit from having a positive influence like that in the band - someone who he hangs around with socially too - not just there for the pay-check.

I honesty believe having a guy like DJ in the band will be a positive influence on motivating Axl to get the next album out. We all know people like that in our workplaces - yes? So I wish people on this forum could have a bit of perspective - not just about this, but in general too. The forum isn't much fun any more - really strange, especially today, when you'd think with tonight's concert, there would be a bit more optimism.

2347159-9632201893-26925.gif

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

• Like 2

Right. So why do you seem so surprised? :lol:

Correction: DJ is a scab..Yours sincerely, Steven sadlersolo2012.jpg

I believe that nothing can motivate Axl. To many years have been passed, to many "eras", many members, and is obvious that Axl does whatever he wants.

He's a perfectionism, an obsesive musician.

// trolling time //

358q7f8.jpg

Edited by SeBaZ

The negative atmosphere (which is mostly limited to D&N) is pretty much 100% directly caused by Axl/GNR/Team Brazil. Some (including Axl) say that GNR doesn't owe the fans any thing. Fuck that - if you're making your living (fortune, not just a living) by being in a band, you have to do the things the bands are supposed to do. "GNR" does a solid job of touring, but a shit job of releasing music and interacting with the fans.

If Axl/the band showed any indication that they were interested in being a legitimate band, the negative atmosphere on here would disappear almost immediately. But we (and I disclude myself from this "we," as I'm not a big current GNR fan) are fed false promises countless times over and over again. It doesn't take a legion of researchers to figure out why there is such a negative attitude here - the answer is right in front of us.

Can't stress enough how much I agree with everything you said there. Good work.

The negative atmosphere (which is mostly limited to D&N) is pretty much 100% directly caused by Axl/GNR/Team Brazil. Some (including Axl) say that GNR doesn't owe the fans any thing. Fuck that - if you're making your living (fortune, not just a living) by being in a band, you have to do the things the bands are supposed to do. "GNR" does a solid job of touring, but a shit job of releasing music and interacting with the fans.

If Axl/the band showed any indication that they were interested in being a legitimate band, the negative atmosphere on here would disappear almost immediately. But we (and I disclude myself from this "we," as I'm not a big current GNR fan) are fed false promises countless times over and over again. It doesn't take a legion of researchers to figure out why there is such a negative attitude here - the answer is right in front of us.

This should be easy to understand but some people never learn. :shrugs:

Gee, I wonder why we'd talk about the lead guitarist of our favorite band on a discussion forum dedicated to that band. Tricky one.

Oh, GnR is your favorite band? I had no idea. I feel bad for you then, because DJ seems to really disgruntle you.