Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

No, but the people crying because they were too blind to see the inevitable sure are.

I love this place.

True, many of us saw this coming. But as I've said before, it never ceases to sting watching Axl shoot himself in the face time and time again.

I've grown accustomed to it myself. :shrugs:

Yeah. It's difficult. We love Guns N' Roses, and we want to root for this band. Every new tour leg is a chance to move on from the Chinese Democracy era. For whatever reason, he just won't do it.

Opening this tour with the chords to "Chinese Democracy" was the death knell for this band IMO.

It's not though. They will keep on doing what their doing to smaller audiences at higher ticket prices and the world is going to move on. Nothing in this place is going to have any effect on that.

I'm not trying to be mean here, but when Axl hired DJ Ashba to be in Guns N Roses it proved beyond doubt (to me at least) that it's a joke/all time low.

I don't mean that as a personal attack on DJ or whatever, if he wasn't in GNR I wouldn't have "a problem" with him...

Edited by DR DOOM

No, but the people crying because they were too blind to see the inevitable sure are.

I love this place.

True, many of us saw this coming. But as I've said before, it never ceases to sting watching Axl shoot himself in the face time and time again.

You're really at the point where it doesn't bother you in the slightest?
I've been at that point for a really long time.

So what keeps your interest in the forum?

I follow the "fool me once" principal while a lot of people here are on their 9 millionth time of being fooled and still blame the band. That is what is truly hilarious about this situation.

So we can't have an opinion on the band? Yeah... logical... The thread is about whether or not the band is a joke, not whether we are disappointed by recent happenings(or non-happenings). READ.

Where did I say you couldn't have an opinion or that I give a shit what that opinion is. You provide my entertainment. As long as you keep up the whining I'll have no issues with what you post.

I love this place.

You're really at the point where it doesn't bother you in the slightest?
I've been at that point for a really long time.

So what keeps your interest in the forum?
The laughs.

I love this place.

Its like having that buddy with a substance abuse problem.

No, you are never surprised with the latest bit of bad news, given his track record. But it still bums you out.

• Like 1

I love this place.

Yeah. It's difficult. We love Guns N' Roses, and we want to root for this band. Every new tour leg is a chance to move on from the Chinese Democracy era. For whatever reason, he just won't do it.

Opening this tour with the chords to "Chinese Democracy" was the death knell for this band IMO.

It's not though. They will keep on doing what their doing to smaller audiences at higher ticket prices and the world is going to move on. Nothing in this place is going to have any effect on that.

How long before that becomes unsustainable?

I love this place.

Surely not before Axl's inevitable heart attack.

No other major band is this dysfunctional that is for sure.

But no other band is like this!

Coming out late, out of shape, playing songs from 3 decades ago! That's Rock N' Roll man! New music? Who needs new music? Axl's a better artist them Slash because by not releasing new music he has artistic integrity!

Yeah pretty much. Value of whatever pops in my head when I think of " current GNR" has been in steady decline for my entire adult life. I've thought of the current band as some sort of spinal tap-esque satire movement completely stripped of any value or integrity ever since it became rational and necessary to speak of post-CD release new-newGNR. Purely hateful undertones came only after DJ appeared though.

Edited by LTD

Clearly Damn_Smooth isn't a real fan. I don't know why we let people like him post here.

I love every single album put out under the Guns name and I would gladly go see them play this setlist. How am I not a real fan?

Dude, STFU. Did I really need to put a smiley at the end of that? :lol:

You know I love you.

Honestly? Forever.

There will always be a market to see Axl Rose singing Guns N' Roses songs.

The place its the biggest problem is here in the U.S. But there are plenty of smaller venues that can accomdate.

This ''band'' has been a joke for a long long long time... March 2009 to be specific, if anything Axl now should just pull the plug on the band, give everybody their paychecks, wish everybody well & let the GN'R name & legacy die with whatever dignity it has left.

No other major band is this dysfunctional that is for sure.

But no other band is like this!

Coming out late, out of shape, playing songs from 3 decades ago! That's Rock N' Roll man! New music? Who needs new music? Axl's a better artist them Slash because by not releasing new music he has artistic integrity!

I love the "treat yourself, don't cheat yourself" crap this band and its lackeys come out with. How about not treating the fans like shit? And the "fighting the good fight"... I didn't realise the good fight was lining their coffers and keeping them in caipirinhas.

Clearly Damn_Smooth isn't a real fan. I don't know why we let people like him post here.

I love every single album put out under the Guns name and I would gladly go see them play this setlist. How am I not a real fan?

Dude, STFU. Did I really need to put a smiley at the end of that? :lol:

You know I love you.

I know. I was going to like it, but I'm out at the moment. The response was for the gullible bunch that took you seriously.
  • Like 1

When Axl hired a Slash impersonator, nobody got suspicious?

I didn't notice until I saw the Estranged video that that twat even mimics his leg movements to Slash's. I mean, it really is just insanely ridiculous. And don't say thats typical of guitar players, because I've never seen any other guitarist in GNR do that.

At present a complete joke, nothing that can't be rectified with some smart PR (I don't think they've heard of "smart" or "Public relations") a solid tour or two with a new 'good' album would change my mind... right now, I can still listen to CD and enjoy it but I wouldn't rush out the door to see them play. in 2010 and 2012 I couldn't wait to see them, not anymore... Right now, I'm closer to unhappily walking away and just enjoying the records they have released, watching from afar as they go up in smoke... and at this point they really don't deserve the amount of positive energy that we gave them last night when we thought we might get a few surprises, they haven't done a thing to deserve it the last 3 years.

When Axl hired a Slash impersonator, nobody got suspicious?

I didn't notice until I saw the Estranged video that that twat even mimics his leg movements to Slash's. I mean, it really is just insanely ridiculous. And don't say thats typical of guitar players, because I've never seen any other guitarist in GNR do that.

It's cringemaking...I know a lot of people imitate Slash but it must take a special type of shamelessness to do it in Guns N Roses.

This is my feeling as well

He is just a fucking cupcake from day 1

I couldn't even imagine if he ever liked a GNR song

EVER

He is just here for the laughs

Which is why i could rather drink Beta's bum juice than call Damn_Smooth a GNR fan

Edited by Crash Diet