Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

I've not watched a single video from this latest tour. Not even the shows with Duff so that should demonstrate just how much I give a shit at this point. If it wasn't for AG I wouldn't even bother logging into the forum anymore. :shrugs:

Yeah, blame the record company. The same record company that gave tens of millions for Axl to finish his mastercrap.

If you can't work out the commercial difference between 'the first original GNR record since UYI', and 'the first GNR record post-Chnese Democracy'; then you're an idiot, or being intentionally ignorant.

LOL @music industry analysts on this forum. Considrring how well the Iron Man II compilation sold and their fanfare arrival on iTunes; I think AC/DC are quite a relevant rock band nowadays. At least far, far more than a ridiculous band with a name made of roses and guns.

Yeah, blame the record company. The same record company that gave tens of millions for Axl to finish his mastercrap.

If you can't work out the commercial difference between 'the first original GNR record since UYI', and 'the first GNR record post-Chnese Democracy'; then you're an idiot, or being intentionally ignorant.

The midnight release of UYI in 1991 was huge.... Best Buy didn't exactly have banners all over the place advertising ChiDem. I think more people heard about the Dr Pepper thing than knew where to get the CD. They might as well just made it an import in America, probably would have had more sales having it "banned".

LOL @music industry analysts on this forum. Considrring how well the Iron Man II compilation sold and their fanfare arrival on iTunes.

Two questions in response to your stupid point: The Iron Man compilation was essentially a greatest hits record, are you aware of how many units GNR's Greatest Hits sold? Are you aware of how meticulously comic books fans collect related releases?

LOL @music industry analysts on this forum. Considrring how well the Iron Man II compilation sold and their fanfare arrival on iTunes.

Two questions in response to your stupid point: The Iron Man compilation was essentially a greatest hits record, are you aware of how many units GNR's Greatest Hits sold? Are you aware of how meticulously comic books fans collect related releases?
Iron Man 2 was a blockbuster success that reached a far broader audience than "comic book fans", genius. Yea, it was a greatest hits package, mainly (for a half with Bon Scott) performed by the current line up of AC/DC. Can you tell me how many songs on GNR GH were performed by the current line up? Do you understand why it shows which band is the most relevant between the two, instead of calling my point "stupid", big boy?

Those comic book soundtrack collectors when will they ever stop :lol:

Don't try to be smart, comic scores sell exponentially better than regular movie scores.

But thanks for focusing on the secondary point only.

Iron Man 2 was a blockbuster success that reached a far broader audience than "comic book fans", genius. Yea, it was a greatest hits package, mainly (for a half with Bon Scott) performed by the current line up of AC/DC. Can you tell me how many songs on GNR GH were performed by the current line up? Do you understand why it shows which band is the most relevant between the two, instead of calling my point "stupid", big boy?

If GNR secured a partnership with a major comic release, do you seriously think they wouldn't shift significant units? Greatest Hits continues to chart despite recieving little to no promotion.

Considering GNR were working on an innovative new record at the time of Greatest Hits beig released - which AC/DC haven't done in years - it's hardly surprising that the new band weren't part of it.

You've falsely jumped to the conclusion that we're discussing who is more relevant. I'm actually saying that riff-rock - including AC/DC and GNR - is irrelevant to contemporary music.

If GNR secured a partnership with a major comic release, do you seriously think they wouldn't shift significant units? Greatest Hits continues to chart despite recieving little to no promotion.

Considering GNR were working on an innovative new record at the time of Greatest Hits beig released - which AC/DC haven't done in years - it's hardly surprising that the new band weren't part of it.

You've falsely jumped to the conclusion that we're discussing who is more relevant. I'm actually saying that riff-rock - including AC/DC and GNR - is irrelevant to contemporary music.

Well, are you actually discussing anything, or only calling other posters idiots, stupid et al.?

Well, are you actually discussing anything, or only calling other posters idiots, stupid et al.?

I take it you have no further contribution to our debate? My last post is full of points, yet you chose to refer to something several posts back.

They are for me. Can't even pull off the simplest of tasks like playing a new song after it was said they were going to. Oh, did Slash put a stop to that one too?? Can't even train vocals for a tour. Axl is nothing without the old guys. I love Chinese Democracy and the music Axl makes, but the last 15 years have proven that he can't handle running Guns on his lonesome.

Not at all. They released a good record six years ago and have been touring successfully since then. A joke would be a band no one was interested in listening to.

Drop the GNR name and see if you can even fill up an 'Up Close and Personal Venue' with media coverage of how Axl's voice is these days.