Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

Oh look, it's the end of the world again.

If they debut a new song before the end of the tour, does that mitigate some of the theater-major drama that's going on right now?

State your opinion to the question at hand. Is the band a joke to you or not?

Clearly Damn_Smooth isn't a real fan. I don't know why we let people like him post here.

This is my feeling as wellHe is just a fucking cupcake from day 1I couldn't even imagine if he ever liked a GNR songEVERHe is just here for the laughsWhich is why i could rather drink Beta's bum juice than call Damn_Smooth a GNR fan
You'd rather drink Beta's bum juice than do just about anything, so don't be acting like that's something special.

They are for me. Can't even pull off the simplest of tasks like playing a new song after it was said they were going to.

Major, major overreaction. Yes it would have been ideal for them to play an interesting set straight away, but we're one show in.

They are for me. Can't even pull off the simplest of tasks like playing a new song after it was said they were going to.

Major, major overreaction. Yes it would have been ideal for them to play an interesting set straight away, but we're one show in.

Yeh, because you are the epitome of truth these days now aren't you...

I am quite confident we WON'T hear any new material from this tour. No Going Down, no General, nothing unheard from Guns N' Roses. Maybe a new UYI song at best.

Edited by Young_Gun

If they debut a new song before the end of the tour, does that mitigate some of the theater-major drama that's going on right now?

It helps.

Look, if you are one of the people that gets their back up and gets all salty when people say this is not a legit band, nor interested in doing anything new...this is the shit they are talking about.

My god, you are the sort of person that should want a new song more than anyone. Shut the rest of us up.

Yeh, because you are the epitome of truth these days now aren't you...

Please elaborate - I don't understand what you mean.

But as I said earlier, if you are willing to lecture now, will you also agree to post after the tour you were wrong and this is lame if they don't deliver?

• Like 1

If only the other guys could fire Axl and hire Baz instead. I would definitely see that band. But seriously, the Guns today, no. Seen them once in 2010 and it was cool and great, but this... no. I mean, it's cool if they want to be a touring band only and not play anything new or release albums. That's cool. But if the lead singer and the only original member (and the most crucial and known member of the band) won't rehearse, won't keep himself in shape, won't go to meet & greets and won't come on stage until close to midnight, then what's the point? If you want to be an arena rocker and do this touring band routine, then at least care about you're audience and give your 100%.

The standards are too low now. People are happy for the most stupid reasons like Axl not being so late or the band being stable. The supporters will use this facts to prove GNR is doing fine and well.

New excuse seems to be "This is just the 1st show". After the second show, where everything will be extremely similar, then they'll come up with another excuse. "It's a warmup tour for the residency".

And then they will play the same shows in Vegas and the supporters will say "Vegas is more focused on the casual fans".

And then they'll call it a year. Repeat next year. Repeat excuses.

Yes, it's a joke. I may sound upset but I think all of this is very amusing and something you don't see in other boards/bands. Thanks Axl for make laugh me.

Edited by ProstituteComa

State your opinion to the question at hand. Is the band a joke to you or not?

The band is not a joke to me. I just don't get disgruntled like some of you about the setlist. Hell, even Chinese Democracy is nostalgia at this point.

The standards are too low now. People are happy for the most stupid reasons like Axl not being so late or the band being stable. The supporters will use this facts to prove GNR is doing fine and well.

New excuse seems to be "This is just the 1st show". After the second show, where everything will be extremely similar, then they'll come up with another excuse. "It's a warmup tour for the residency".

And then they will play the same shows in Vegas and the supporters will say "Vegas is more focused on the casual fans".

And then they'll call it a year. Repeat next year

Yes, it's a joke. I may sound upset but I think all of this is very amusing and something you don't see in other boards/bands. Thanks Axl for make laugh me.

What's funny is I saw people bitch about Bruce Springsteen and his sets on his boards. "He hasn't released an album since 2012!" "Born in the USA from start to finish? He did that last night as well!" I just had to laugh at how ridiculously entitled some of those fans were. I saw him twice in 2 weeks in London, and got 2 different albums from start to finish, and at each show that was only a 3rd of a 30-song set. Now some bitch that the album that was released in January isn't a "real" album because it's studio versions of songs he's done live before or reworked versions of older songs. A lot of us here would shit ourselves in excitement if we got a GNR equivalent.

Edited by Amir

But as I said earlier, if you are willing to lecture now, will you also agree to post after the tour you were wrong and this is lame if they don't deliver?

Precisely.

For example, at the first Hammerstein show they debuted IRS, TWAT and Better and then filed the set down from there, dropping TWAT, and making IRS & Better a staple for the duration of that tour.

They didn't debut shit last night, and likely will not debut shit for the rest of this inevitably boring ass tour.

For me, nugnr are 95% a joke (and I basically still have interest in them due to the fact that they are, comedy gold). The reason I leave out 5% is I still have a - very slight - hope that Axl will do something great for a change, like release a new album or play new songs of the calibre of Better. I still hold onto a slight hope, but for the most part I just laugh at them and follow the high drama which always seems to surround them and their fanbase (of which, the recent dvd controversy is a good example).

It has been this way since, around the time Ashba arrived and TB took over - although, I think if we are going to be perfectly honest with ourselves, the whole 'nugnr era' has been one big joke really.

• Like 1

Are you serious right now? :lol:

I'd genuinely like to see the "lecture" that I posted. Secondly, if they do not play "two or three songs", that doesn't make me personally wrong. It makes the source wrong about a specific detail in a fairly accurate article.

I've went on record as saying that it will be shitty if they deliver exactly the same show as 2013, throughout 2014. But we're one show into a relatively long touring schedule - so there's no point in overreacting and saying we've been fucked over. If we do go through 2014 with exactly the same show - and they offer no valuable insight into the intentions of the band - then I can more or less guess guarantee that I'm not going to be discussing GNR anymore.

Edited by NGOG

I'd genuinely like to see the "lecture" that I posted. Secondly, if they do not play "two or three songs", that doesn't make me personally wrong. It makes the source wrong about a specific detail in a fairly accurate article.

I've went on record as saying that it will be shitty if they deliver exactly the same show as 2013, throughout 2014. But we're one show into a relatively long touring schedule - so there's no point in overreacting and saying we've been fucked over.

I looked up the phrase "loosing battle" once...

I've went on record as saying that it will be shitty if they deliver exactly the same show as 2013, throughout 2014. But we're one show into a relatively long touring schedule - so there's no point in overreacting and saying we've been fucked over.

That was stupid, you should have looked up losing battle.

That was stupid, you should have looked up losing battle.

Ya got me. We'll see if a thread is created calling for my demise over that typo.

Maybe Uncle Ax is too upset that the great Satan blocked his 3D movie costing him another shitload of money and he can't be bothered to do anything except diall it in.

There's a huge fucking pass the buck exercise in the post from him and TB that's for sure.

I've went on record as saying that it will be shitty if they deliver exactly the same show as 2013, throughout 2014. But we're one show into a relatively long touring schedule - so there's no point in overreacting and saying we've been fucked over. If we do go through 2014 with exactly the same show - and they offer no valuable insight into the intentions of the band - then I can more or less guess guarantee that I'm not going to be discussing GNR anymore.

So you are content to stall for now and hope for a miracle. Very well.