Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

They are for me. Can't even pull off the simplest of tasks like playing a new song after it was said they were going to.

Major, major overreaction. Yes it would have been ideal for them to play an interesting set straight away, but we're one show in.

But as I said earlier, if you are willing to lecture now, will you also agree to post after the tour you were wrong and this is lame if they don't deliver?

Are you serious right now? :lol:

I'd genuinely like to see the "lecture" that I posted. Secondly, if they do not play "two or three songs", that doesn't make me personally wrong. It makes the source wrong about a specific detail in a fairly accurate article.

I've went on record as saying that it will be shitty if they deliver exactly the same show as 2013, throughout 2014. But we're one show into a relatively long touring schedule - so there's no point in overreacting and saying we've been fucked over.

I looked up the phrase "loosing battle" once...

That was stupid, you should have looked up losing battle.

Ya got me. We'll see if a thread is created calling for my demise over that typo.

My demise lmao?

Think about what you're saying here; you seek the demise of a news reporter on a fuckin' Guns N' Roses forum. Most people are just funnily ribbing me - and I'm all for it - but you're actually going full-demise on this shit. :rofl-lol:

Oh look, it's the end of the world again.

If they debut a new song before the end of the tour, does that mitigate some of the theater-major drama that's going on right now?

State your opinion to the question at hand. Is the band a joke to you or not?

The band is not a joke to me. I just don't get disgruntled like some of you about the setlist. Hell, even Chinese Democracy is nostalgia at this point.

It's a joke for me in as much as all I can do is laugh anymore. I'm not mad or upset or anything but I also don't think much good is going with them. I'm not even laughing with malicious intent. It's not a point & laugh type of thing, it's more of a "Haha Axl... well played.... just as I suspected" type of deal.

Guest Len B'stard

NGOG is a gooner and, by virtue of that fact, a top lad and any aggression towards him will be returned 10 fold. That is all.

They are for me. Can't even pull off the simplest of tasks like playing a new song after it was said they were going to.

Major, major overreaction. Yes it would have been ideal for them to play an interesting set straight away, but we're one show in.

But as I said earlier, if you are willing to lecture now, will you also agree to post after the tour you were wrong and this is lame if they don't deliver?

Are you serious right now? :lol:

I'd genuinely like to see the "lecture" that I posted. Secondly, if they do not play "two or three songs", that doesn't make me personally wrong. It makes the source wrong about a specific detail in a fairly accurate article.

I've went on record as saying that it will be shitty if they deliver exactly the same show as 2013, throughout 2014. But we're one show into a relatively long touring schedule - so there's no point in overreacting and saying we've been fucked over.

I looked up the phrase "loosing battle" once...

That was stupid, you should have looked up losing battle.

Ya got me. We'll see if a thread is created calling for my demise over that typo.

My demise lmao?

Think about what you're saying here; you seek the demise of a news reporter on a fuckin' Guns N' Roses forum. Most people are just funnily ribbing me - and I'm all for it - but you're actually going full-demise on this shit. :rofl-lol:

Lol...Oh please, I was being ironic. Sarcasm detector broken?

I've went on record as saying that it will be shitty if they deliver exactly the same show as 2013, throughout 2014. But we're one show into a relatively long touring schedule - so there's no point in overreacting and saying we've been fucked over. If we do go through 2014 with exactly the same show - and they offer no valuable insight into the intentions of the band - then I can more or less guess guarantee that I'm not going to be discussing GNR anymore.

So you are content to stall for now and hope for a miracle. Very well.

I'm not stalling shit, man. I'm living my life. Yeah I'd very much like to hear more GNR songs with Robin Finck and Buckethead on them, but this is just something I do between waiting for classes. If we reach December and they're still playing the same shows - and pretending we don't deserve any insight into their plans - I'll be investing my time in discussing another band.

Edited by NGOG

Guest Len B'stard

Well, it's like my dear old Nan used to tell me. Son, she'd say, son, you're an arsehole but at least you're not misunderstood :D

I think the problem is that Axl is not the same wild and angry guy on stage he was 20 years ago, he seems more mature and mellow now but he has to keep singing and preforming his old songs in his old nergy filled style even though his heart is not in it. I think he has outgrown this performance style and the songs but he still has to keep on coz the nostalgia act sells and it's his only source of income. He would suit a more mellow piano/guitar acoustic style now. He would be som much more interesting as a solo artist and would sound so much better if he would just perform naturally to the way he is now if ya now know what I mean instead of trying sing and perform like Axl Rose from 20 years ago. Maybe he's like that now from what ppl said of yesterday's concert but when I saw him live 2 years ago he had great stage presence and sincerity altho his vocals were buried in the mix quite a bit you could still hear the powere in his voice when he scraemed! His stage charisma alone carried the performance. He was amazing!

They are not even officially a band in my eyes.

To me either. And I see no way that is an unfair statement.

If this is a true, legit band...then so were the people onstage backing Sting and Paul Simon when I saw them last week playing Sting and Paul Simon songs for Sting and Paul Simon to sing.

Also the fans know so little about Axl now compared to when he was more open in his younger days. I mean does he even compose every day? Does he have material recorded and ready to go? Is he frustrated that he can't release new music or does he want to but the record company don't want another nuGnr album? If he communicated even just once a year with the fans then they're wouldn't be all this backlash. Why in Axl's last 2 interviews could they not have asked him proper questions? In Bumblefoot, Dizzy, Ashba's interviews they express frustration and never mention it's the record cpmpany's fault so is because of Axl? It's neverending mystery why even middle aged acts like Stevie Nicks, Kate Bush and Motley Crue can release albuns but Axl can't.

They are not even officially a band in my eyes.

To me either. And I see no way that is an unfair statement.

If this is a true, legit band...then so were the people onstage backing Sting and Paul Simon when I saw them last week playing Sting and Paul Simon songs for Sting and Paul Simon to sing.

In my opinion, it was still somewhat a band 2001-06, if only because the bulk of the lineup we were seeing live (minus Bucket in 06) also had creative control over the sound/direction GNR was going. Now, however, it is 110% The Axl Rose Show, and anyone who would argue differently is seriously kidding themselves.

Edited by sofine11

Not a joke. Because they still have some great musicians. They still have Axl. I still love CD, the one album Axl has managed to release in the past 20 years.

Their management team and whoever makes decisions on how to run the band.....yes, they and that is a complete joke. And it is a shame, because I think this actual band could kick a lot of ass if they were just allowed to do so.

Why and when did Axl lose his drive, his passion, his will to succeed?

GnR is like the talented boxer who was once the heavyweight champion of the world but got beat and lost his title.

He is still young enough and talented enough to make another run at the championship..........but instead seems afraid to put it all on the line and fight the current top contenders, and instead is content just beating up on mediocre and below-average fighters so he can pad his bank account before retirement.

"Champ, we can get a fight with the number one contender. Beat him and you can have another title shot."
"Naw......schedule me a fight with James Bonecrusher Smith instead."

• Like 1

Why and when did Axl lose his drive, his passion, his will to succeed?

GnR is like the talented boxer who was once the heavyweight champion of the world but got beat and lost his title.

He is still young enough and talented enough to make another run at the championship..........but instead seems afraid to put it all on the line and fight the current top contenders, and instead is content just beating up on mediocre and below-average fighters so he can pad his bank account before retirement.

"Champ, we can get a fight with the number one contender. Beat him and you can have another title shot."

"Naw......schedule me a fight with James Bonecrusher Smith instead."

Great post.

There are a million Mike Tyson/Axl Rose analogies.

Mike is absolutely my favorite boxer ever, and maybe my favorite alltime athlete.

I sure know how to pick 'em, huh? :lol:

• Like 1

I loved Chidem too that's why it's sad to see such a great talent like Axl not release new music. I don't think in history of rock has another artist so big as Axl ever come to such a standstill creatively for so long as he has. This is the guy who wrote some of the greatest rock songs of all time. I was watching a Joni Mitchell interview recently and she mentioned how she's been lucky to have hardly ever experienced writer's block. She mentioned that there are musicians who have written a couple of great songs or one great album and that was it for them creatively. Axl still had it on Chidem but that was years ago. Maybe Axl has severe writer's block.

I loved Chidem too that's why it's sad to see such a great talent like Axl not release new music. I don't think in history of rock has another artist so big as Axl ever come to such a standstill creatively for so long as he has. This is the guy who wrote some of the greatest rock songs of all time. I was watching a Joni Mitchell interview recently and she mentioned how she's been lucky to have hardly ever experienced writer's block. She mentioned that there are musicians who have written a couple of great songs or one great album and that was it for them creatively. Axl still had it on Chidem but that was years ago. Maybe Axl has severe writer's block.

Or, he got rid of anyone that ever possibly give him a kick in the ass when needed.

Look at all the producers he fired. What was the common denominator? Eventually, they all reached that same point where it was time to get on with it, and Axl didn't want to hear that.

Or, he got rid of anyone that ever possibly give him a kick in the ass when needed.

Look at all the producers he fired. What was the common denominator? Eventually, they all reached that same point where it was time to get on with it, and Axl didn't want to hear that.

I agree. I said earlier that it's weird that Chidem was forced out and even weirder that they were good songs and Axl didn't think it was ready. He was crazy to let Buckethead go-Axl and him could've been a great duo! Axl reminds me of what Jimi Hendrix said in an interview a couple of weeks before his death. He said "I've been dead a long time" explaining he was just touring playing the hits and not creating anymore. He was still creative but sadly that's how he saw himself. However this could be perfectly applied to Axl!

Edited by Janis

I think that this band is a joke at the moment...

we can hear new songs only if they are leaked... just to say something to prove that

unfortunately it's not 2001 or 2006 anymore...

"Once there was this rock n' roll band

Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke"

It's sad to see what this man did with what could have been his life, after so legitimate success in the 90s. The disease overtook him, and it is unfortunate. The band of the 2000s had all conditions to develop a super job and continue the legacy of success that the group had in the past. But of course, the guy blew it. The version of GNR who played in WMA 2002 was wonderful. A person having musicians like Abruzzsse, Freese, Buckethead, Brain and lose them all ... what about that?

I'm done. I made the best choice canceling my trip to Brasilia. More of the same is no longer enough for me. I'm tired. Really. Better, much better, is going to LOLapalooza in São Paulo, and watch Soundgarden and NIN.

The guys should at least be ashamed of doing the same show for so long. So bands like Metallica and NIN deserve more consideration. Present new material, and appreciate the fans.

Could be anyone touring under them glasses,hats etc. years ago in a rant he said it would be shity for me to only play appetite for destruction songs and how right was he. Should have had 3 albums out from 1994 till now.