Is the band officially a joke in your eyes?

I didn't really expect much different. There's no real shame in what they do. They have a set formula that works for them and they make money. We're the only ones who have any real expectations and at this point what indication is there that anything would have changed significantly? If anything the community is a joke, repeatedly getting expectations up based on "inside/exclusive info" when in reality no one knows shit. Sometimes hope is just a form of denial.

• Like 1

If he has a contract with the label for more gnr records why isn't the label pushing Axl to release something? How do contracts work wiht this situation?

Some artists retire even if they still owe albums. Billy Joel said he owes 3 albums, so they keep putting greatest hits collections out.

If he has a contract with the label for more gnr records why isn't the label pushing Axl to release something? How do contracts work wiht this situation?

Some artists retire even if they still owe albums. Billy Joel said he owes 3 albums, so they keep putting greatest hits collections out.

Thanks, that explains that gnr GH a few years ago I think it was or maybe it got cancelled

The band has been a joke to many people since 2001, when Axl tried to pass a guy wearing a cardboard bucket from a fast food chicken chain as a hat and another guy who took a razor to his head without a mirror and thought garbage bags should double as clothing, as Guns N Roses. There's been slight variations to the ongoing joke, but the punch line has continued for more than a decade now.

• Like 2

The band has been a joke to many people since 2001, when Axl tried to pass a guy wearing a cardboard bucket from a fast food chicken chain as a hat and another guy who took a razor to his head without a mirror and thought garbage bags should double as clothing, as Guns N Roses. There's been slight variations to the ongoing joke, but the punch line has continued for more than a decade now.

Amen.

:thumbsup:

The saddest part of the joke is how it mutated into the most bland thing possible. A dinosaur rock band going on the South America and European tour circuit. At least when they first came back it was a freak show and was in some perverse sense enjoyable to watch, then 2006 it was still weird but they sounded great so it was more or less let go, then 2009-present the band is just beige wallpaper, dial tone, Toyota carolla.

• Like 1

Yeah, 2010 was the last non-joke year.

At least at RIR 2011 it seemed like Axl was making an effort. Granted, it was like watching a dog trying to walk around

after being hit by a car but there was still something endearing. 2014 and Axl might as well be one of those Tupac-style

holograms at this point.

Yeah, but as goofy and weird as Bucket and Finck were, at least they still had talent and integrity.

The band were evolving into something else at that point but unfortunately someone tapped b repeatedly and

put the kibosh on it. Axl did eventually turn into a Snorlax though.

I think as a forum we are over-reacting. It was one show. Axls lost weight and we weren't at the show. The setlist is better than 2 gnr shows ive been too.

I agree I would have liked a longer set but for what? Youtube? Until I spend money on tickets and travel to be dissapointed im not going to get wound up. Ive seen GNR 16 times and came away happy each time.

16? dude thats a fucking lot me only saw them twice.. of all those 16 what was your fave show?

Are we seriously criticizing Bucket & Finck's looks when talking about a band whose lead singer thought in his prime that leather kilts, REBEL embroidered oversized leather jackets and biker shorts were the epitome of class?

Are we seriously criticizing Bucket & Finck's looks when talking about a band whose lead singer thought in his prime that leather kilts, REBEL embroidered oversized leather jackets and biker shorts were the epitome of class?

Since when did Axl ever pretend to be the epitome of class? The way he dressed wasn't uncommon for the time. Spandex and bike shorts were quite normal. Maybe you can shed some light on when wearing a fast food bucket on your head and talking to a hand puppet or sporting garbage bags and looking like a lesbian alien from planet freak wasn't considered fucking stupid.

• Like 2

In short, yes. They just cannot, for the life of them, move this band forward. They're just frozen in time where the best thing they can offer fans is throwing an Illusion era track or two into rotation. Fucking sad sad sad.

I'm starting to think that's all this band is now, though. And if that's the case, fair enough. It's just frustrating and anticlimactic given all of Axl's comments about moving the band forward after the initial break up. Somewhere along the way maybe he got Jaded and realized most people just want to hear the hits. Again, fair enough. But this band is capable of more, and this attitude seems at odds with some of the remarks we've heard oven the years. If he wants to embrace GNR as a touring jukebox for the casual fan who wants SCOM and Jungle and the other hits then that's cool but then be upfront about it to the remaining fans who cling to his early claims that this whole journey WASNT just about keeping the gnr name for the sake of it.

I think as a forum we are over-reacting. It was one show. Axls lost weight and we weren't at the show. The setlist is better than 2 gnr shows ive been too.

I agree I would have liked a longer set but for what? Youtube? Until I spend money on tickets and travel to be dissapointed im not going to get wound up. Ive seen GNR 16 times and came away happy each time.

16? dude thats a fucking lot me only saw them twice.. of all those 16 what was your fave show?

Impossible to answer. First time was special, then there has been better setlists, some shows where ive met axl and got his mic, there was a show that ran 3 hrs 15 mins.

I guess the best year performance wise was 2010, but from a fans point of view 2012 with meeting them, longer shows etc.