What are truly Axl's best and worst shows vocally?

let's compare and discuss a little!

I consider the Freddie tribute in 92 as one of my favorite performances by Axl, also Oklahoma 92 Argentina 93

and Bucharest 2010 are beyond great!

and his worst is probably Rio 2011 never seen anything like that again (bridge school was with a strep throat)

Paris 2010 gets overlooked a lot. Paris '92 has the best Civil War ever. Argentina '93. I don't think Rio's ever gotten a good show vocally, Rio '91 isn't the best of the UYI Tour. I love the uberrasp on Indiana '91, but I'm glad he doesn't sing like that all the time. The Freddie Tribute Concert is the best Axl performance ever, PC and We Will Rock You and the outro to Bohemian Rhapsody especially. From '06, there's the Hammerstein shows, LA shows, New Jersey, all great performances. RIR Lisboa and Inland Invasion are a bit rough in comparison. From 2012 it's Atlantic City for me. I need to watch more '87-'88 boots, only really seen The Ritz, which was great.

This current crop of shows is even worse vocally than Rio '11. Nothing from 2013 to write home about.

Edited by Amir

Paris 2010 gets overlooked a lot. Paris '92 has the best Civil War ever. Argentina '93. I don't think Rio's ever gotten a good show vocally, Rio '91 isn't the best of the UYI Tour. I love the uberrasp on Indiana '91, but I'm glad he doesn't sing like that all the time. The Freddie Tribute Concert is the best Axl performance ever, PC and We Will Rock You and the outro to Bohemian Rhapsody especially. From '06, there's the Hammerstein shows, LA shows, New Jersey, all great performances. RIR Lisboa and Inland Invasion are a bit rough in comparison. From 2012 it's Atlantic City for me. I need to watch more '87-'88 boots, only really seen The Ritz, which was great.

This current crop of shows is even worse vocally than Rio '11. Nothing from 2013 to write home about.

you really this these current shows are worse than rio 11?? dude rio 11 is without a doubt the worst ever lol

I like the consistency and control of 2010 best and yes, Bucharest is magical as is Arnhem, the O2 with Duff, Lille and others.

i was at the Arnhem show and it was absolutely amazing also probably the best This I Love he ever did

you really this these current shows are worse than rio 11?? dude rio 11 is without a doubt the worst ever lol

Nah, just compare the YCBM from Rio '11 to the one in Brasilia. It's still crap, but it's not unbelievably awful like the most recent one. TIL isn't too bad, and Estranged is pretty good. Not a single song has been performed to any sort of acceptable standard on this tour.

Nah, just compare the YCBM from Rio '11 to the one in Brasilia. It's still crap, but it's not unbelievably awful like the most recent one. TIL isn't too bad, and Estranged is pretty good. Not a single song has been performed to any sort of acceptable standard on this tour.

thats true altho i think don't cry isn't that bad

atleast in Rio he tried to put rasp in all the songs

Whatever the circumstances, the Bridge School thing is awful. Gotta be the worst.

Could you really pick a best? Middletown, NY from 1988 is one of my favorites to watch. The sound is amazing considering someone shot it from the crowd with an 80s camera. More recently, the Rose Bar show was great.

Worst is an easy call, being Bridge school.

The best on the other hand I would never be able to choose, but I agree with the people who spoke about the Freddy Mercury tribute being incredible, There are many other great shows of course, my personal being live at the central, 1986.

Ritz - October (1987)

This is not the well known MTV special. Axl's voice was fucking pristine on this show.

Man, almost a decade later and you still manage to come up with gems that I've never known about - that's an incredible SCOM!

Worst is an easy call, being Bridge school.

The best on the other hand I would never be able to choose, but I agree with the people who spoke about the Freddy Mercury tribute being incredible, There are many other great shows of course, my personal being live at the central, 1986.

Ritz - October (1987)

This is not the well known MTV special. Axl's voice was fucking pristine on this show.

Man, almost a decade later and you still manage to come up with gems that I've never known about - that's an incredible SCOM!

Thanks, buddy. That show has always stood out to me. It's the earliest show (as far as I can see) where Axl's deep rasp first began to come out.