Would you want a 2014 release of Locomotive (Instrumental) version?

Would you want a 2014 release of Locomotive (Instrumental) version?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't think the vocals are bad on the original song, just that the song sounds better as an instrumental.

Suggested single release, (with three versions);

1. Locomotive (instrumental) the way it sounded on UYI II. Everything kept as is, just without the vocals.

2. Alternate (instrumental) version with parts from old band and new band. Slash outro kept as is.

3. Alternate (instrumental) version by new band.

Yeah, not trying to be an asshole, but what business sense does it make to re-release a 20 year old song because some random entitled fan on a message board thinks they should? If they cater to the personal preferences of every fucking fan out there nothing new will ever get done.

I vote keep Axl's GNR as far the fuck away from this classic song as possible.

Maybe if during a live show, DJ left the stage to re apply his makeup and Axl went for a breather the other guys could play the outro as an instrumental....I'd love for Axl to sing it but not if it's gonna be half assed.

Yeah, not trying to be an asshole, but what business sense does it make to re-release a 20 year old song because some random entitled fan on a message board thinks they should? If they cater to the personal preferences of every fucking fan out there nothing new will ever get done.

I takes five minutes to release the instrumental, the song is already recorded. Why would that stop CD II from being released?

I takes five minutes to release the instrumental, the song is already recorded. Why would that stop CD II from being released?

But what would be the point? That's the question here.

• Like 1

No. The song is great as it is. I would want to hear this band's own "locomotive". Which they are perfectly capable of writing.

Yeah, I agree.

For my money, I've heard quite enough of these guys playing the old line-ups stuff. I'm all set on that.

Time to show me what you fellas can do on your own.

• Like 1

No. The song is great as it is. I would want to hear this band's own "locomotive". Which they are perfectly capable of writing.

Yeah, I agree.

For my money, I've heard quite enough of these guys playing the old line-ups stuff. I'm all set on that.

Time to show me what you fellas can do on your own.

This. Training wheels have been on or years now, time to take them off and let's see if this group can balance. I think it's kinda like the Ron statement about his solo music and guns, one huge nut and then his other small one. I don't think there's a way for this band to ever please people like the old one did... maybe tey think releasing more music to an already biased public isn't worth the effort, I obviously disagree.

This thread is random as they get. Why Locomotive? Why not Coma? Etc.

If the band decided to do something like this they would solidify themselves as a cover band, if they haven't already.

To be fair, it's looking like nothing new will ever get done now, as is.

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

We already have an instrumental mix of the original album version floating around the internet, not sure how the current band could beat Slash's tone and killer solos on the original. Hell even Matt's drumming is great and fitting for that tune, and I don't say that about every Illusion track