Unreleased Track List- what song will we hear next?

You know what's driving me nuts? The fact that at one point he said there were thirty two songs in the making, and we don't even know half of them. Close to half, sure, but still. Call me crazy, but at this point I'd be happy if he released a full list of songs they're working on. Or hell, even if he released the list of songs they were working on back then! Sure, it'd just be more titles, but at least it'd be news and give us some idea what the songs may sound like. Well, not sure of that last part, since title doesn't necessarily dictate sound, but still.

By the way, I'm not sure I've ever even heard Going Down. Anyone know what band members were on it?

that stuff drives me nuts as well. that 32 number then i think bach saying 3 albums worth then other people saying they heard tons of shit. yea It would be awesome if he came out with a list of songs he has, which are ether complete or hes hoping to complete at some point.

i mean CD plus the list posted here makes 24 songs. 2 of them being omg and silkworms which weve heard. Axl must have so much shit from the Chinese sessions then to know what to do with !

Going Down leaked not too long ago but it got taken down by whoever. it has Tommy on lead and is pretty darn catchy, i enjoyed it.

I go even crazier thinking of all the stuff he's done since then, but like I said, I'd be content if he just told us the ones left over. I realize now that it probably isn't as many as I thought it was. Right after I got off of here I did some reading and realized that those comments were made in 2006, before Chinese Democracy came out. Then I saw your comment and realized I forgot to subtract the Chinese Democracy songs from the thirty two song count. Not my brightest moment. So those ten confirmed titles, fourteen Chinese Democracy tracks, Silkworms (maybe - Didn't Axl at one point say they had abandoned this song, or did I imagine/misinterpret that?), and maybe that Going Down song equal out to 24-26 tracks. So if he did tell us the rest of the names, it'd just be six names, maybe less if a new "Oh My God" was among them (but again, didn't Axl say it wasn't a serious thing?) and that Jackie Chan song, but those would be names we didn't know before.

I think I remember "Going Down" now. The one I saw was on Vimeo, and it had this picture of the Last Supper, but it was Axl and a bunch of band mates instead of Jesus and the apostles. Still don't remember too much of the song, but I only listened to it once. I tend not to get too attached to things I don't think will be around much, and with GN'R leaks it's a miracle they're around long enough to be known.

Pretty bummed out to hear that I just missed "Oh My God" with Buckethead and "Silkworms", even if they were just small chunks. Were they as awesome as I imagine them being? Also, "Better" with DJ Ashba on guitar? Was that a live thing, or did they actually re-record it just for his sake? Makes me think of Axl rerecording some stuff with the new band back in 1999/2000. Can't remember what they did though.

Quick question (sorry if it's off topic some), but is it true that A Perfect Circle's first album was intended to be sung by Axl? I have no idea where I first heard that. Would be funny if it was true, cause that'd be like the third album Axl could have made but didn't.

Also, I don't know if they count as "leaks," but the DJ Ashba solo spots may be indicators of songs to come. Could just be his solo stuff though, wouldn't know since I've never listened to his solo projects.

Silkworms sounded cool. Full on British/Down on the Farm Axl singing "LISTEN MOTHERFUCKERS TO THE SONG THAT SHOULD BE HEARD," with high pitched Axl screams in the background. I dug it.

OMG sounded ok. I didn't really understand why it needed to be redone, to me the extra guitar just sounded excessive.

The Better with DJ Ashba is supposedly his "gothic" remix of the song. It's slowed down and is heavy on piano. It sound quite impressive.

Also in the leaks from 2013 was a clip of If the World with a We Will Rock You clap track. Also leaked was the Prostitute Remix, "Blood in the Water."

EDIT: There must have been something goofy going on last night because I can access Mr. Street of Dreams's first account now, however from what I'm seeing the leaks have been taken down. I know posting the direct link to the leaks themselves would be a no-no, and posting directions on how to get to them would be a no-no as well, but I believe that I am allowed to say that the roughly 3 minute clip of the leaks is on Sound Cloud under various users' accounts still.

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

Oh My God and Silkworms aren't on his Soundcloud page anymore.

What's interesting is how long it took to take down his first account.

For those that don't know, it had the three minute video chunk with all the 2013 leaks in it, as well as Going Down in full. Also had clips of OMG and Silkworms taken from that three minute chunk. The account also had DJ Ashba's version of Better in full as well as the acoustic version.

I've been going back to Mr. Street of Dreams for what seems like a month or longer now, and those videos had been uploaded a little before I started going to the account. I swear I was just there yesterday and now that account is gone!

Mr. Street of Dreams 2, and Mr. Street of Dreams 3 are still active; they have many of the leaks from Chinese Democracy on them as well as instrumentals.

the lil silkworms clip sounded cool when i heard it!

anyone know were the rumor that there was a Going Down with Axl on lead came from?

I believe Beta said that to Manets ?
Source?

Oh My God and Silkworms aren't on his Soundcloud page anymore.

What's interesting is how long it took to take down his first account.

For those that don't know, it had the three minute video chunk with all the 2013 leaks in it, as well as Going Down in full. Also had clips of OMG and Silkworms taken from that three minute chunk. The account also had DJ Ashba's version of Better in full as well as the acoustic version.

I've been going back to Mr. Street of Dreams for what seems like a month or longer now, and those videos had been uploaded a little before I started going to the account. I swear I was just there yesterday and now that account is gone!

Mr. Street of Dreams 2, and Mr. Street of Dreams 3 are still active; they have many of the leaks from Chinese Democracy on them as well as instrumentals.

the lil silkworms clip sounded cool when i heard it!

anyone know were the rumor that there was a Going Down with Axl on lead came from?

I believe Beta said that to Manets ?
Source?

Manets ? I'm sure I read it here, but that's some time ago. Maybe Manets can confirm ? I don't want to be spreading rumours, it's just something I read here. I think Manets was on the phone with Beta and she said something about Axl on lead.

You know what's driving me nuts? The fact that at one point he said there were thirty two songs in the making, and we don't even know half of them. Close to half, sure, but still. Call me crazy, but at this point I'd be happy if he released a full list of songs they're working on. Or hell, even if he released the list of songs they were working on back then! Sure, it'd just be more titles, but at least it'd be news and give us some idea what the songs may sound like. Well, not sure of that last part, since title doesn't necessarily dictate sound, but still.

By the way, I'm not sure I've ever even heard Going Down. Anyone know what band members were on it?

that stuff drives me nuts as well. that 32 number then i think bach saying 3 albums worth then other people saying they heard tons of shit. yea It would be awesome if he came out with a list of songs he has, which are ether complete or hes hoping to complete at some point.

i mean CD plus the list posted here makes 24 songs. 2 of them being omg and silkworms which weve heard. Axl must have so much shit from the Chinese sessions then to know what to do with !

Going Down leaked not too long ago but it got taken down by whoever. it has Tommy on lead and is pretty darn catchy, i enjoyed it.

I go even crazier thinking of all the stuff he's done since then, but like I said, I'd be content if he just told us the ones left over. I realize now that it probably isn't as many as I thought it was. Right after I got off of here I did some reading and realized that those comments were made in 2006, before Chinese Democracy came out. Then I saw your comment and realized I forgot to subtract the Chinese Democracy songs from the thirty two song count. Not my brightest moment. So those ten confirmed titles, fourteen Chinese Democracy tracks, Silkworms (maybe - Didn't Axl at one point say they had abandoned this song, or did I imagine/misinterpret that?), and maybe that Going Down song equal out to 24-26 tracks. So if he did tell us the rest of the names, it'd just be six names, maybe less if a new "Oh My God" was among them (but again, didn't Axl say it wasn't a serious thing?) and that Jackie Chan song, but those would be names we didn't know before.

I think I remember "Going Down" now. The one I saw was on Vimeo, and it had this picture of the Last Supper, but it was Axl and a bunch of band mates instead of Jesus and the apostles. Still don't remember too much of the song, but I only listened to it once. I tend not to get too attached to things I don't think will be around much, and with GN'R leaks it's a miracle they're around long enough to be known.

Pretty bummed out to hear that I just missed "Oh My God" with Buckethead and "Silkworms", even if they were just small chunks. Were they as awesome as I imagine them being? Also, "Better" with DJ Ashba on guitar? Was that a live thing, or did they actually re-record it just for his sake? Makes me think of Axl rerecording some stuff with the new band back in 1999/2000. Can't remember what they did though.

Quick question (sorry if it's off topic some), but is it true that A Perfect Circle's first album was intended to be sung by Axl? I have no idea where I first heard that. Would be funny if it was true, cause that'd be like the third album Axl could have made but didn't.

Also, I don't know if they count as "leaks," but the DJ Ashba solo spots may be indicators of songs to come. Could just be his solo stuff though, wouldn't know since I've never listened to his solo projects.

Silkworms sounded cool. Full on British/Down on the Farm Axl singing "LISTEN MOTHERFUCKERS TO THE SONG THAT SHOULD BE HEARD," with high pitched Axl screams in the background. I dug it.

OMG sounded ok. I didn't really understand why it needed to be redone, to me the extra guitar just sounded excessive.

The Better with DJ Ashba is supposedly his "gothic" remix of the song. It's slowed down and is heavy on piano. It sound quite impressive.

Also in the leaks from 2013 was a clip of If the World with a We Will Rock You clap track. Also leaked was the Prostitute Remix, "Blood in the Water."

EDIT: There must have been something goofy going on last night because I can access Mr. Street of Dreams's first account now, however from what I'm seeing the leaks have been taken down. I know posting the direct link to the leaks themselves would be a no-no, and posting directions on how to get to them would be a no-no as well, but I believe that I am allowed to say that the roughly 3 minute clip of the leaks is on Sound Cloud under various users' accounts still.

I think I found a Silkworms one. It's about seventeen seconds long and it goes on until the "Pussy full of maggots, Isn't that a shock?" but cuts off midway through 'shock'. No luck in any of the other stuff, but I heard "Blood in the Water" some time ago. It wasn't that great, but when you're a GN'R fan, you take what you can get or starve musically. Those two overlap amazingly often.

I think that may have just been a problem on your end man, last night I accessed all four of his accounts with ease. Of course, by that time all of the leaks were gone. Maybe it was temporarily taken down to get rid of the leaks? Also, I know it's against the rules to post links to leaked content on the boards, but is there any such rule against posting them in private messages? I'm having no luck finding the leak. Maybe it's best I don't hear it though, might not live up to expectations or something, haha.

Wasn't some orchestral parts of The General supposedly played before the show opened on the 2009/10 tour (I think?) this forbidding gloomy creeping shindig that lamented on before ChiDem's weird murmuring intro starts?

That's fan remade but I definitely recognize the music.

I've heard someone say this before could anyone elaborate and post a vid from a show where it was played there's got to be one

"Checkmate" was the name given to the file he swapped for something?

The General is meant to be the sequel to Estranged?

Atlas Shrugged is like a glam rock Nov Rain according to Tom Zutaut?

I think those comments about the songs from different music biz people are why these two songs have become so legendary .. It really makes me want to hear both! I wish Axl would tell us if they were big guns in his eyes one day just to make us die for them even more.

Elvis Presley and the monster of soul is a sick ass title

2020 is when I expect a new GNR record.

I would put money we get one before 2018. No way Axl goes 10 years and doesnt release anything! in my opinion i believe the next record will be better than chinese (i love CD) i just think the whole way it went down was crazy. Axl not doing any promo, somthing wasnt done right the way he wanted it, and not just the liner notes and booklet shit. Apparently Atlas was gona be on Chinese so i have faith in that track. ive seen alot of posters say there is no other material, but all signs say we got enough tracks left for atleast one more album. Even Axl confirmed alot of the titles. wether there finished or not is the question.

Edit: im thinking maybe Axl wanted some kind of double album release like UYI? maybe not at the exact same date but somehow back to back

Edited by Estranged Coma

I would put money we get one before 2018. No way Axl goes 10 years and doesnt release anything! in my opinion i believe the next record will be better than chinese (i love CD) i just think the whole way it went down was crazy. Axl not doing any promo, somthing wasnt done right the way he wanted it, and not just the liner notes and booklet shit. Apparently Atlas was gona be on Chinese so i have faith in that track. ive seen alot of posters say there is no other material, but all signs say we got enough tracks left for atleast one more album. Even Axl confirmed alot of the titles. wether there finished or not is the question.

Edit: im thinking maybe Axl wanted some kind of double album release like UYI? maybe not at the exact same date but somehow back to back

Same bat time, same bat channel. He said he saw it as a double. And we have enough tracks to make an album. I mean Freese said he had 3 or 4 A-listed tracks at one point, and we only got 1 of them (Chi Dem). Maybe CD II isn't as commercial or GNR as CD. Axl described as meaner, nastier, darker? So look at OMG and Silkworms, maybe even Checkmate clip, or think about the Sabbath riff of Soul monster and Axl's scream. The General is Axl's most heavy metal song as Baz said. Then maybe the orchestral Beltrami tracks are darker. Then think about the alleged 2010 rejection of CD II. Possibly the label got a can of Silkworms it doesn't like. or they look at Axl and Dj and think they could do better and there's no rush. Once they got the 14 mil from Best Buy the label just washed their hands. One disc was meant to be big rock songs designed to rock stadiums (sounds like CD to me) and one more aggressive electronica with full guitars (sounds possibly like Silkworms) maybe a group of songs which aren't as GNR sounding as CD. I think the label or Best buy got what they wanted from CD. They maybe prefer Dj on lead guitar and more hard rock record next? Fortus also seems like he has something to contribute. So you would guess it's still going to be those CD era sounds maybe with Fortus songs they did after he joined. maybe that Dj and Axl song. To me it's more like waiting for when the label decides it time for GNR again. There's lots of bands and artists at UMG. GNR won't get some special treatment because they won't sell 20 million records so they just have to wait until it comes around again.

Same bat time, same bat channel. He said he saw it as a double. And we have enough tracks to make an album. I mean Freese said he had 3 or 4 A-listed tracks at one point, and we only got 1 of them (Chi Dem). Maybe CD II isn't as commercial or GNR as CD. Axl described as meaner, nastier, darker? So look at OMG and Silkworms, maybe even Checkmate clip, or think about the Sabbath riff of Soul monster and Axl's scream. The General is Axl's most heavy metal song as Baz said. Then maybe the orchestral Beltrami tracks are darker. Then think about the alleged 2010 rejection of CD II. Possibly the label got a can of Silkworms it doesn't like. or they look at Axl and Dj and think they could do better and there's no rush. Once they got the 14 mil from Best Buy the label just washed their hands. One disc was meant to be big rock songs designed to rock stadiums (sounds like CD to me) and one more aggressive electronica with full guitars (sounds possibly like Silkworms) maybe a group of songs which aren't as GNR sounding as CD. I think the label or Best buy got what they wanted from CD. They maybe prefer Dj on lead guitar and more hard rock record next? Fortus also seems like he has something to contribute. So you would guess it's still going to be those CD era sounds maybe with Fortus songs they did after he joined. maybe that Dj and Axl song. To me it's more like waiting for when the label decides it time for GNR again. There's lots of bands and artists at UMG. GNR won't get some special treatment because they won't sell 20 million records so they just have to wait until it comes around again.

do we know which unreleased stuff has beltrami on it? man if it was rejected in 2010 that is now 4 years ago that is pretty discouraging for the fans wanting on an album/newmusic. yeah label made out lk a bandit with bestbuy and it seems after the album was out they forgot about the band completely. Actually wasnt Axl cut off much earlier and that is why he had to tour to fund the finnishing of the album? Could just be the label hasnt given a shit about GNR for 10 years. id really like to hear Fortus get utilized on the next album with some original stuff but that last quote by bumble saying they hadnt written anything completely new together makes me believe its all old material reworked. Makes me wonder if Axl is even going to redo some vocals.

The other rumor i dont know much about is that Axl turned an album in 2000-2001? and they said make it better? if thats true, Are you kidding me who gives a damn about the material at that point release the bitch and make some money, they end up releasing the damn album during the ERA where every 12 year old has limewire. Makes me believe they were out ta get a reuinion. lol

• Like 1

do we know which unreleased stuff has beltrami on it? man if it was rejected in 2010 that is now 4 years ago that is pretty discouraging for the fans wanting on an album/newmusic. yeah label made out lk a bandit with bestbuy and it seems after the album was out they forgot about the band completely. Actually wasnt Axl cut off much earlier and that is why he had to tour to fund the finnishing of the album? Could just be the label hasnt given a shit about GNR for 10 years. id really like to hear Fortus get utilized on the next album with some original stuff but that last quote by bumble saying they hadnt written anything completely new together makes me believe its all old material reworked. Makes me wonder if Axl is even going to redo some vocals.

The other rumor i dont know much about is that Axl turned an album in 2000-2001? and they said make it better? if thats true, Are you kidding me who gives a damn about the material at that point release the bitch and make some money, they end up releasing the damn album during the ERA where every 12 year old has limewire. Makes me believe they were out ta get a reuinion. lol

We do know which tracks Beltrami is on…but I can't remember. But I think The General, Leave Me Alone (possibly Soul Monster), Seven, Thyme…he did SOD, TWAT, Madagascar, TIL, Prostitute on CD too.

2010 thing is just a rumor.

I think 1999 there was basically a record produced by Beavan. probably a lot more "industrial" or whatever. maybe OMG and Silkworms were on it. Anyway they didn't really like it and Jimmy had the idea to bring in Roy Thomas Baker to re-record everything. Tommy didn't think it was needed. Beavan said he felt there was a record there. At that point I think the label still dreamed of 20 mil records, but they could have got 5 mil easy.

I guess 2000-2001 is after they re-recorded it. Axl thought they were "ready to mix". The label weren't sure so they asked or Axl asked Bob Ezrin to come in give his opinion. Bob told Axl the record wasn't ready to mix. I think if they had just said "it's great!" we'd have got it or some version of CD. But Axl put a lot of stock in Ezrin as he's The Wall guy. But yeah that was the breaking point. early 2001 would have made it a lot less agonizing.

There was a session in 2004 with Bucket with songs like Shackler's, ITW (maybe not i always get one track wrong), Scraped, Sorry involved with the next producer Caram Costanzo. Then the label were like hand it over or we release the Greatest Hits. Not sure why Axl didn't do it then. I guess he still wasn't happy. So then the label cut him off.

Then they went into that cycle of touring to pay to finish it off. Better leaking. 2006 was another possible release? Ron and Frank were adding parts, Axl was still doing vocals in Vegas in 2006?

Edited by wasted