DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

If this is true and Duff will play with GNR again this tour, then this incessant rolling out ex-members just adds more to the evidence that this new incarnation of the band has become pointless. If you have no desire to play new music, have endless tours that seem designed around playing the greatest hits and are willing to play with original members then why not reunite?

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Axl has had discussions with Duff/Izzy about rejoining but they said no unless Slash was involved. Hence why we have what we have today. Nostalgia tour played by new guns that certain old members occasionally come on stage to play.

If Axl really wants to make himself in some way relevant to fans again he needs to decide to either play new music, or just get back on stage with Slash. This middle ground is pathetic for all those involved.

Edited by Guest

Eh, nothing against Duff, but the only ex-member I could possibly raise an eyebrow at playing with Axl again is... wait for it... Slash.

Only because Duff and Izzy have already done it, it was cool, but... meh :shrugs:

Would be cool if they played attitude, so fine or something with Duff on vocals

I honestly have no idea what this thread is about. Duff has a Visa on file with Guns N' Roses?

Am I close?

Duff allegedly has an entry visa for Brazil from March to April. This rumour supports another rumour that he will take Tommy's place for the Recife and Fortaleza dates on the 15th and 17th April as Tommy needs to play Coachella on the 12th and 18th.

I suppose it makes sense that someone might fill in for Tommy rather than him flying back and forth which I guess would be fairly knackering. Do any of the other guys play bass? They could feasibly afford to lose one of the three guitarists to bass for a couple of shows.

Pitman does.

This whole debacle has gone on long enough. Make the fucking call to Slash, be a man and work out your differences and go out there and play together again. They'd instantly go from playing theaters/clubs in North America to major arenas.

And yeah, it wouldn't surprise me either if Axl has asked Duff or Izzy to rejoin, but seeing as how they are smart, they won't do it without Slash. Why would they either?

Edited by SlashisGOD

Can someone please re-cap why exactly people are claiming Duff might fill in?

Stalkers found out that he has a passport valid for the time period.

But I thought it was the 'Axl worshippers' who did things like that. I guess it's okay when reunionists do it though.

This whole debacle has gone on long enough. Make the fucking call to Slash, be a man and work out your differences and go out there and play together again. They'd instantly go from playing theaters/clubs in North America to major arenas.

And yeah, it wouldn't surprise me either if Axl has asked Duff or Izzy to rejoin, but seeing as how they are smart, they won't do it without Slash. Why would they either?

I'm not sure if I want Slash to embarass himself by playing with Axl. I don't want to see Slash on a stage with giant screens and pyros and other useless crap. Not to mention that Axl is not Axl anymore. Plus team Brazil would still be there, I don't want to see Slash play on stage and see beta, jarmo or Del James in the background. There was a time I wanted a reunion, but not anymore. Let Axl rot with his leeches and yes men.

The way I see it 2 things.

1) Tommy´s scheduel shows with The Replacements

2) A rumor generated from the camp itself to sell tickets, create excitment or expectations and take the attention away from Axl and his crappy voice and lame ass set list.

2) A rumor generated from the camp itself to sell tickets, create excitment or expectations and take the attention away from Axl and his crappy voice and lame ass set list.

Does make you wonder... 2-3 new songs, Axl looking great, Duff playing for a couple of dates... What rumour will we hear next to sell tickets?

Does make you wonder... 2-3 new songs, Axl looking great, Duff playing for a couple of dates... What rumour will we hear next to sell tickets?

Slash showing up in Vegas, guitar in hand :lol:

Slash showing up in Vegas, guitar in hand :lol:

If that happened I would really regret not going to the residency. Honestly don't see what they can do different this time if they don't want to play new songs. Sad how in that interview the other day with Tom Mayhue with the Argentinian radio station that he focused on the flying piano when talking about the last residency. Is that supposed to BLOW. YOUR. MIND.?

Stalkers found out that he has a passport valid for the time period.

But I thought it was the 'Axl worshippers' who did things like that. I guess it's okay when reunionists do it though.

No you forgot about Brazilians - they're special like that.