April 6 - Buenos Aires, Argentina

I genuinely think that Axl is going to sound drastically better tonight. With 24,000 in front of the band, and Duff McKagan on bass, he's bound to trip off the energy!

I wonder how much he's going to trip off of a stadium full of people going apeshit over an original member being on board?

Two original members. ;)

Who's the 2nd? hope you're not talking about Axl.

It's plain stupid to say that the capacity crowd will be exclusively stoked for Duff.

:lol: Really? You think so? When they see Duff and Axl together the crowd is going to EXPLODE.

Can you read?

Uhhhh?

Zint said the energy in the crowd is going to be electric because they will be expecting Duff, and Duff in turn would feed off of it as result(an original member returning to his band, which the crowd will love), you then nit pick and say there's two original members(no shit). Then you begin to ramble and say the "whole package" deal, yeah, they're there to see Axl, but no one expected Duff to be there when buying tickets (the crowd will be more electric tonight than they have been in a long time), so why is it inconceivable for the crowd to be stoked exclusively for Duff? Yes we know Axl is an original member of the band, but bringing Duff back for multiple full shows is on another level that we haven't seen since before the reincarnation.

Why the hell are you nit picking every post? Why don't you include Dizzy as an original while you're at it, and make three. Stop going full NGOG.

I didn't dispute that Duff's presence is going to energize the crowd - in fact I acknowledged it. Zint responded to my post saying that the crowd "will be going apeshit over an original member being on board". That's ignorant of the reality that South America has been selling extremely well; irrespective of Duff being part of it.

It's not my fault that you didn't read my post correctly. I said that it's stupid to think the crowd is exclusively stoked for Duff, given that a significant number of them had already bought tickets prior to the announcement (which you've just made reference to in your post). They're there for GNR, and Duff being part of it all is just a bonus. In other words, they will be addedly excited.

If you really think the crowd will be exclusively stoked for Duff, lobby a promoter to book Loaded for a show in South America, and tell me how they sell in comparison.

Duff with Loaded = Not GNR, which he is famous for. Duff with GNR = success, because that's where he gained his fame. I read your posts perfectly but you critique like a motherfucker for some reason.

Rocket Queen

Chinese Democracy (only intro)

Madagascar (only first seconds)

Sweet child (just a little)

Estranged

Shackler's Revenge

Number of the beast cover

So Fine

Oh god, I'm a little worried for Number of the Beast

i think thats a good thing, might be bumble's solo spot today and with Duff playing Steve Harris's parts it can be pretty cool

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Shackler's Revenge

So Fine

i think thats a good thing, might be bumble's solo spot today and with Duff playing Steve Harris's parts it can be pretty cool

True, but I'm thinking of how well Axl will pull it off

I guess the pessimist in me is just expecting it to go wrong? I guess I'm in for a surprise then

I genuinely think that Axl is going to sound drastically better tonight. With 24,000 in front of the band, and Duff McKagan on bass, he's bound to trip off the energy!

I wonder how much he's going to trip off of a stadium full of people going apeshit over an original member being on board?

Two original members. ;)

It's plain stupid to say that the capacity crowd will be exclusively stoked for Duff.

:lol: Really? You think so? When they see Duff and Axl together the crowd is going to EXPLODE.

Can you read?

Uhhhh?

Zint said the energy in the crowd is going to be electric because they will be expecting Duff, and Duff in turn would feed off of it as result(an original member returning to his band, which the crowd will love), you then nit pick and say there's two original members(no shit). Then you begin to ramble and say the "whole package" deal, yeah, they're there to see Axl, but no one expected Duff to be there when buying tickets (the crowd will be more electric tonight than they have been in a long time), so why is it inconceivable for the crowd to be stoked exclusively for Duff? Yes we know Axl is an original member of the band, but bringing Duff back for multiple full shows is on another level that we haven't seen since before the reincarnation.

Why the hell are you nit picking every post? Why don't you include Dizzy as an original while you're at it, and make three. Stop going full NGOG.

I didn't dispute that Duff's presence is going to energize the crowd - in fact I acknowledged it. Zint responded to my post saying that the crowd "will be going apeshit over an original member being on board". That's ignorant of the reality that South America has been selling extremely well; irrespective of Duff being part of it.

It's not my fault that you didn't read my post correctly. I said that it's stupid to think the crowd is exclusively stoked for Duff, given that a significant number of them had already bought tickets prior to the announcement (which you've just made reference to in your post). They're there for GNR, and Duff being part of it all is just a bonus. In other words, they will be addedly excited.

If you really think the crowd will be exclusively stoked for Duff, lobby a promoter to book Loaded for a show in South America, and tell me how they sell in comparison.

Duff with Loaded = Not GNR, which he is famous for. Duff with GNR = success, because that's where he gained his fame. I read your posts perfectly but you critique like a motherfucker for some reason.

OK. Say Duff was able to use the GNR name, and went to South America with nobody from the old era but Dizzy Reed, how would that do?

The Argentinian crowd will be largely elated because they love Axl and whoever he decides to perform with. Excuse the peculiar analogy, but Duff being there is like putting the cream on an already well-received desert.

Two original members. ;)

Can you read?

Uhhhh?

Dude relax, wtf.

I did not question attendance at the shows. YOU...dude...commented on Axl bringing his A-game because people will be fired up because DUFF IS THERE.

I just wondered aloud...if...that place fucking erupts because Duff is there, as an original member, will Axl fully be stoked over that eruption seeing as he KNOWS deep inside that a reunion is what most everyone on the entire planet who ever liked this band honestly, truly wants.

But thanks for calling me ignorant for commenting on a point that YOU raised about reaction to Duff being there.

Dude relax, wtf.

I did not question attendance at the shows. YOU...dude...commented on Axl bringing his A-game because people will be fired up because DUFF IS THERE.

I just wondered aloud...if...that place fucking erupts because Duff is there, as an original member, will Axl fully be stoked over that eruption seeing as he KNOWS deep inside that a reunion is what most everyone on the entire planet who ever liked this band honestly, truly wants.

But thanks for calling me ignorant for commenting on a point that YOU raised about reaction to Duff being there.

I'm fully relaxed, Zint. Do I give the impression that I'm smashing my keyboard with fury? :lol:

My point is that a South American stadium will erupt whether or not Duff is present. I did not say that Duff will make a huge difference in terms of the crowd being excited, I just said that he may have a a positive effect on Axl's performance. :shrugs:

Edited by NGOG

Plot twist

Duff NGOGs all of GnR land and doesn't take the stage!

Question, NGOG means...?

It's come to mean "negatively trolling the community".

Axl NGOG'ed Rock In Rio 2011.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

Well I am excited and I am approx 5,544 mi away! I am more excited now than the last show.

But that is my feeling, I can't speak for anyone. I think it's rad that Duff is playing with them, I also think the crowd will be more excited because of Duff. Of course they would be excited regardless as they always are but Duff being there is special and I think the crowd knows that.

Well I am excited and I am approx 5,544 mi away! I am more excited now than the last show.

But that is my feeling, I can't speak for anyone. I think it's rad that Duff is playing with them, I also think the crowd will be more excited because of Duff. Of course they would be excited regardless as they always are but Duff being there is special and I think the crowd knows that.

That's fair.

I was just questioning the idea that the Argentinian crowd will be exclusively excited for Duff. In reality, that just applies to us (and of course, the effect it may have on Axl).

Rocket Queen

Estranged

Shackler's Revenge

So Fine

True, but I'm thinking of how well Axl will pull it off

I guess the pessimist in me is just expecting it to go wrong? I guess I'm in for a surprise then

They won't play a Maiden cover. Period. Axl's said numerous times that he only likes Paul Di'Anno era Maiden.

Plus a Maiden cover wouldn't make any fucking sense.

I think he has a good point actually. You are going to hear the crowd go crazy during the introductions when Axl mentions 'Duff'; it is going to be twice as loud as when Axl introduces Stinson. If Duff gets a solo spot, well the crowd are going to be definitely more into a bona fide GN'R song with McKagan on vocals such as So Fine or Attitude rather than, some Stinson song nobody has heard.

I speak from experience here, as I remember how the gig I attended in 2006 completely erupted when Stradlin appeared.

Duff will change the dynamic of the show.

First fans in line waiting

L86A9A0.jpg

I had to double-take this picture for a second and realize that it it's recent. Man, looks like it was taken in the 90s. That shirt design is.... well...

Axl must've gotten a new look. Clearly you can see the guy in the back row, 4th from the left is him.

OK. Say Duff was able to use the GNR name, and went to South America with nobody from the old era but Dizzy Reed, how would that do?

Oh come on man :lol: You and I both know this is not a fair comparison. Whether it be Axl or any other frontman, the frontman will garnish more attention anywhere. It's the fact that a key original member is reuniting with Axl and his original band for numerous shows. This is the closest to a reunion we've ever gotten. True fans WANT this, including those in the crowd, thus Duff making a HUGE difference to the way the crowd reacts.

We'll wait and see how everyone feels after these Duff shows are complete. I'm sure the majority will lean toward the Duff shows being the best, and not the ones with Axl without him ;)

That's fair.

I was just questioning the idea that the Argentinian crowd will be exclusively excited for Duff. In reality, that just applies to us (and of course, the effect it may have on Axl).

How many people at the show, most probably being average radio fans, will even notice duff is there when he normally isn't?

Most people wanting a reunion want axl and slash.