Will Tommy be back for the golden gods?

I'm sure he's a decent bassist, the sad truth is that he's not really that noticeable, I know it's Duff but if it was another bassist instead, he wouldn't be missed. Inside the band camp it's a different story but on performances he's competent and that's it.

I hope Tommy enjoys being with the replacements so much that he leaves GNR. Then I hope duff would be willing to take over. Duff has brought out the best in Axl in only a few short days.

Axl has been tweeting, he's willing to change up the setlist, he looks like he's having fun. Hopefully duff sticks around for the golden gods.

That might further delay CD2 though :(

I'm sure he's a decent bassist, the sad truth is that he's not really that noticeable, I know it's Duff but if it was another bassist instead, he wouldn't be missed. Inside the band camp it's a different story but on performances he's competent and that's it.

Not that noticeable? he's well over 6ft and he has blond hair... how is that not noticeable? not to mention the fact that he is always moving around. A great bass player with a great melodic sense, the bass lines he created are classics... his bass tone... wow! Duff returning full time would be absolutely amazing and it would give the band a much needed boost in credibility and stop some of the "only one original member" stuff, he's also a super easy going guy but he will stand up for himself and if he sees Axl doing something he doesn't agree with he has no problem saying it.

Tommy is great, a tight bass player and I'm happy with him but really! there is no contest, If Duffs on the table, I'm going with Duff. I just think Tommy would be better served in his own band, making his own music... he doesn't like old guns songs, at least that's what he said and they certainly play a lot of old guns material.

I think Tommy will be back by the golden gods though, maybe duff will come up for a song if he's there though.

When Duff goes back to the real world it's going to suck, he's been the best thing in the GnR world for a long time.

• Like 4

Not that noticeable? he's well over 6ft and he has blond hair... how is that not noticeable? not to mention the fact that he is always moving around. A great bass player with a great melodic sense, the bass lines he created are classics... his bass tone... wow! Duff returning full time would be absolutely amazing and it would give the band a much needed boost in credibility and stop some of the "only one original member" stuff, he's also a super easy going guy but he will stand up for himself and if he sees Axl doing something he doesn't agree with he has no problem saying it.

Tommy is great, a tight bass player and I'm happy with him but really! there is no contest, If Duffs on the table, I'm going with Duff. I just think Tommy would be better served in his own band, making his own music... he doesn't like old guns songs, at least that's what he said and they certainly play a lot of old guns material.

I think Tommy will be back by the golden gods though, maybe duff will come up for a song if he's there though.

When Duff goes back to the real world it's going to suck, he's been the best thing in the GnR world for a long time.

This.

It's a spring fling - after this it's festival dates, club dates and some of the Aerosmith/Slash tour. I'm sure he would have loved to have been at Coachella to support The Replacements, but being able to go out and do songs he hasn't done in over 20 years with the band he was a big part of - it's pretty cool that he was asked, agreed to do it without question, and anything he couldn't figure out, Tommy got him through pretty fast. Quick study, that McKagan.

It's my opinion that the guy isn't that noticeable, that's it. I like the guy he's competent and is always bopping away there but you could get another decent bassist in and it wouldn't be much different. Nothing bad to say about him but he's like Ferrer. I appreciate the rhythm section playing the bass a lot but my opinion is I don't notice Stinson all that much, Duff had the benefit of having a lot less clutter around the stage to drive through, I hear him in Shackler's the most, that and TWAT are good bass songs. I don't want him wearing a fucking clown suit or going out of tune or doing wrestling moves like Ashba, it's just that if someone else that wasn't Duff came in, the band wouldn't really be lacking same with the drumming position, Brain was a big loss, the bass just isn't as noticeable, so I don't see Tommy leaving permanently being an issue.

As far as we know, Tommy will be back starting with the Golden Gods. Duff was only announced for the 5 South American shows.

I love how you say it, 'as far as we know'... Still a glimmer of hope. I don't know if you meant it like that, but that's how I choose to interpret it. :lol:

As far as we know, Tommy will be back starting with the Golden Gods. Duff was only announced for the 5 South American shows.

I love how you say it, 'as far as we know'... Still a glimmer of hope. I don't know if you meant it like that, but that's how I choose to interpret it. :lol:

I meant it as "we have no reason to believe he won't be back". Duff won't be around for Vegas that's for sure - Walking Papers has a European tour starting the first week of June.

Why don't you just wait for the golden gods ... does it take that long?

If you are so anxious, why didn't you ask to a mod via PM? Does this deserves a thread? Can't you see people already bitching on Tommy?

Knock it off. You've had plenty of warnings the last few days to tone it down.

Why don't you just wait for the golden gods ... does it take that long?

If you are so anxious, why didn't you ask to a mod via PM? Does this deserves a thread? Can't you see people already bitching on Tommy?

It's a pretty reasonable question to be honest. :)

Unfortunately, I don't see Duff playing at the Golden Gods. Maybe he will be invited along as a guest though?

• Like 4