Will Tommy be back for the golden gods?

CD2 is never coming anyway, so I don't see why that's an issue.

It is going to be very sad when Duff leaves again. I really hope Tommy is having so much fun with his band that he leaves and Duff is asked to rejoin permanently. I guess we'll see soon enough.

CD2 is never coming anyway, so I don't see why that's an issue.

It is going to be very sad when Duff leaves again. I really hope Tommy is having so much fun with his band that he leaves and Duff is asked to rejoin permanently. I guess we'll see soon enough.

I wouldn't get your hopes up honestly - The Replacements had 3 gigs last year too. Seems like they enjoy getting together to play the festivals, but that's about it.

Why don't you just wait for the golden gods ... does it take that long?

If you are so anxious, why didn't you ask to a mod via PM? Does this deserves a thread? Can't you see people already bitching on Tommy?

I dunno man i'm actually not anxious for him to return. I thought this is more interesting to know than to speculate on axl's weight or hair or dj's hat or the perfect cd tracklisting.

After the 5 Duff shows I'll be like :(

I think most of us will. Just the reality of the situation I suppose.

Of course, if Tommy ends up wanting to do more with The Replacements... who knows? Surely it's got to be a more rewarding prospect to him, no? One magazine called them the Reunion of the Year in 2013, they still hold a lot of critical respect. Their fans badly want them to make the reunion permanent.

All the reviews that I've read of their reunion shows have been gushing. Only issue with their first night at Coachella was that they played to an empty crowd: http://blog.pe.com/music/2014/04/12/coachella-2014-the-replacements-delight-with-reunion-set/

I tend to think that it won't be a permanent thing, but it would be nice. Tommy is a great bassist, but there's only one Duff McKagan.

What I wonder is if Duff were to come back. And later on,Slash were to ask Duff to guest on recording a song. Would/could Axl stop that from happening?I mean how could he?The current guys have their music with other artists. So why would Duff not be able to.

You know that Axl would flip his lid.

What I wonder is if Duff were to come back. And later on,Slash were to ask Duff to guest on recording a song. Would/could Axl stop that from happening?I mean how could he?The current guys have their music with other artists. So why would Duff not be able to.

Didn't Fortus do...something recently with Slash? I don't really think Axl cares, as long as he doesn't get roped into it somehow.

Didn't Fortus do...something recently with Slash? I don't really think Axl cares, as long as he doesn't get roped into it somehow.

Fortus made it pretty clear that he didn't work with Slash on that Lock N' Load song, can't find interview now, but he seemed adamant to make it clear he didn't collab with Slash.

It's my opinion that the guy isn't that noticeable, that's it. I like the guy he's competent and is always bopping away there but you could get another decent bassist in and it wouldn't be much different. Nothing bad to say about him but he's like Ferrer. I appreciate the rhythm section playing the bass a lot but my opinion is I don't notice Stinson all that much, Duff had the benefit of having a lot less clutter around the stage to drive through, I hear him in Shackler's the most, that and TWAT are good bass songs. I don't want him wearing a fucking clown suit or going out of tune or doing wrestling moves like Ashba, it's just that if someone else that wasn't Duff came in, the band wouldn't really be lacking same with the drumming position, Brain was a big loss, the bass just isn't as noticeable, so I don't see Tommy leaving permanently being an issue.

The bass just isn't as noticeable...? wait what? It's obvious you have never been in a band, well, if you ever had been in a band you would appreciate bass a lot more than you do. Cut the bass out of the mix or have a bass player who doesn't really know how to play and you will likely say "they sucked tonight, it had no power". It's like saying I love drums but you don't really need a bass drum, I guarantee after watching a gig without one you'll be asking for it to come back. Maybe Duff is boosted in the mix, maybe he isn't but he cuts through and adds a fullness to the guns sound that has been missing. Tommy is playing the same lines but his bass sound was eaten up largely by the other three guitar players and the two key players - Duff has come in from day one and managed to cut through which at the end of the day makes a big difference...

Fact is, Axl could hire any bassist, it really wouldn't matter all that much. Atleast with Duff, he is (and will always be, Just like Slash, Adler, Izzy) Guns N'Roses, and his vocals added to the songs.

Edited by star

If duff joined GNR in 2 years time this forum would make out that tommy was a god and is sorley missed.

Just like finck, brain and bucket... and of course paul tobias.

A lot has to be said for nostalgia.

Besides I wanna hear going down and not atittude.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe Axl is mature enough to realize his spat with Slash is his, and nobody else's? Don't you have , or haven't you ever had someone you absolutely can't stand, but have friends who hang out and get along great with that person?

Edited by tat2d1

If duff joined GNR in 2 years time this forum would make out that tommy was a god and is sorley missed.

Just like finck, brain and bucket... and of course paul tobias.

A lot has to be said for nostalgia.

Besides I wanna hear going down and not atittude.

Too bad we'll never hear Going Down live, or any other unreleased new song, ever.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe Axl is mature enough to realize his spat with Slash is his, and nobody else's? Don't you have , or haven't you ever had someone you absolutely can't stand, but have friends who hang out and get along great with that person?

Come on now!We all know how Axl is tho. He can turn angry/pissed on a dime!

This. Ashba is in the band, but previous to that, there were those shots of him with nikki sixx and Slash. Also, Axl hung out with Black Eyed Peas members after they worked a bunch with Slash. I'm sure there are other cases as well.