Guns N' Roses Documentary "The Perfect Crime"

The decision to shelve this was WAY before Slash even left the band guys....talking like 1995 at the latest.

Yea, but it wasn't like everyone in the band was close. Axl was off doing his own thing. They basically made use your illusion over a phone and went into the studio at separate times to record their parts. It's well known Axl wouldn't show up when they tried to get together to create music. There was the band and then there was Axl. I'm sure Axl didn't want to be around a few druggies and drunks all the time.

But from interviews and people associated with the band I would say Axl was the hardest to get access to at the time. 91-94 for Axl was brutal. He was wanted for causing a riot, then he lost Stephanie and then got embarrassed in court by Erin and Stephanie. I think Axl's recluse nature started in this period and I imagine finalizing documentaries/ albums was a pain.

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

We need someone to do a top secret mission to Axl's mansion and somehow, someway, raid the vault, giving us everything we've ever dreamed of. Give us the CD2 songs, Paul Huge, any '96 demos that may exist, the documentary, etc.

Holy Grail for me as well.

But, it was never finished though, right? If so, probably zero chance that we'll one day get anything closely resembling what the original vision of it was - what with all the backstage stuff - which was no doubt fascinating, but probably doesn't paint the members in a light they would like today. Like, Axl's theme parties, and getting mixed up with the Sedona crowd and all that. Not that I actually know what was planned on being included, but I bet there's lots of footage at least alluding to all that stuff.

Man, there must be so much footage and goddammit it would be so cool to see it all.

And all those pro-shot shows too, just sitting there, somewhere, waiting to be remastered.

Question for anyone who might know: Would all of that stuff been shot on vhs (with high-end equipment obviously)? The Tokyo DVD wasn't shot on film, right? And if the same recording methods were used for all those UYI show, does that mean it was all done on VHS? Were there any other ways to record stuff back then?

And if it was all shot on video, would it degrade over time?

Can you guys even imagine how cool that would be to see the thing edited and put into a 2+ hour long DVD?

Fuck that. I want all the gigs. All of them.

Like others have stated, this is holy grail of Guns N' Roses. I would gladly pay $100 for each show and I would buy them all.

One show i want....Memphis 1992

They went and played an after party at a local bar later that night as well.

That show doesn't even have a bootleg i don't believe

Was the afterparty with Axl?

Yes. I think the band they played with was called Son of Slam or something.

• Like 1

There was some footage I think from Robert john that was on youtube for a while. it showed the band at the airport and showed slash duff and matt in a van leaving a concert from Norway, also showed axl checking out a military plane. it was a cool vid, I wonder what happened to it...

http://youtu.be/Yok77TQqNCs

Duff and slash

http://youtu.be/dg5m5oG4Hx0

Axl airplane

good memory.

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1992/19920107clubreviews.html

good memory.

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1992/19920107clubreviews.html

I remembered reading it on that site many years ago. For some reason that name stuck with me :lol:

There was some footage I think from Robert john that was on youtube for a while. it showed the band at the airport and showed slash duff and matt in a van leaving a concert from Norway, also showed axl checking out a military plane. it was a cool vid, I wonder what happened to it...

http://youtu.be/Yok77TQqNCs

Duff and slash

http://youtu.be/dg5m5oG4Hx0

Axl airplane

as great as all those old illusion-era videos are, you could tell even back then that axl had become very splintered from the rest of the group.

Can you imagine them doing a bar gig these days? Fancy private clubs are one thing but it'd be amazing just to see Axl up on the mike in a bar (unless it was a last resort in which case it would be depressing :lol: ).

Guy I met from Vegas said he remembers stories from 10 years ago or so before their recent revival of Vince Neil turning up to bars in Vegas and asking them to play Crue songs on the jukebox/karaoke machine so he could sing along.

But, it was never finished though, right? If so, probably zero chance that we'll one day get anything closely resembling what the original vision of it was - what with all the backstage stuff - which was no doubt fascinating, but probably doesn't paint the members in a light they would like today. Like, Axl's theme parties, and getting mixed up with the Sedona crowd and all that. Not that I actually know what was planned on being included, but I bet there's lots of footage at least alluding to all that stuff.

Man, there must be so much footage and goddammit it would be so cool to see it all.

And all those pro-shot shows too, just sitting there, somewhere, waiting to be remastered.

Question for anyone who might know: Would all of that stuff been shot on vhs (with high-end equipment obviously)? The Tokyo DVD wasn't shot on film, right? And if the same recording methods were used for all those UYI show, does that mean it was all done on VHS? Were there any other ways to record stuff back then?

check LALD and Dead Horse official videos. they do have footage of many different UYI shows in them and those give you an inside look of the possible quality we "could have" from the 192 UYI live shows.

• Like 1

check LALD and Dead Horse official videos. they do have footage of many different UYI shows in them and those give you an inside look of the possible quality we "could have" from the 192 UYI live shows.

http://youtu.be/ewN9p0_fQlo

I'm 98% sure this was the show they recorded part of the dead horse video at. Or atleast it's the footage used in the video at 35:37. They also recorded the crowd for get in the ring at this concert.

• Like 1