Lets be honest....Axl can't sing anymore

C'mon .... another one?

Do I have to make the ultimate thread about Axl's voice?

The guy who started the thread joined in 2012 and has 176 posts. There are a lot of new posters and fans around who don't necessarily have the perspective some of us do from listening to and watching every bootleg since 2001 and I don't mind sharing a bit of that perspective. It's understandable that some people think Axl's voice has rapidly degraded but there's masses of evidence to suggest he's simply conserving his voice at the moment.

That's why I should make the ultimate thread about Axl's voice ...

Maybe it can be pinned. :lol:

I actually think it's a really good idea because then instead of having the same discussion over and over newer fans could just read the thread. I see one person has already ignored my post and agreed with someone else that Axl has 'can't sing like he used to' and has 'lost power and rasp.' Ohrlly?

At this time, i don't know if it is a good idea at all ... I already tried to make the ultimate thread about Axl's weight, but it went bad .... i went pinned, not the thread :P

I love that he sounds different live than in albums. I think it's awesome that there is a live version of paradise city and a studio one. It's one makes going to the shows worth it. If I wanted to hear the album version I could have stayed home.

His shows are great because of the energy and passion shown as he's running across the stage screaming as loud as he can. It's a performance and we pay to see it because we know it's better than watching a guy stand in the middle of the stage and sing like he's in the studio.

• Like 1

Since mods are changing the layout of this forum, it's a good idea to change the name too.

Take a good look on the threads in this section, mybashingaxlforum is a lame attempt, but it fits.

Sure, the title is negative, but if you read the posts, you'll see a lot of posters aren't bashing Axl, quite the opposite. But I agree with you that it can get a bit negative here and people like to exaggerate.

Since mods are changing the layout of this forum, it's a good idea to change the name too.

Take a good look on the threads in this section, mybashingaxlforum is a lame attempt, but it fits.

Sure, the title is negative, but if you read the posts, you'll see a lot of posters aren't bashing Axl, quite the opposite. But I agree with you that it can get a bit negative here and people like to exaggerate.

Honestly, take a look at the threads. It's not like we are in 2003-4 were we don't have nothing to discuss. Axl hats, bumble rasp, dj sucks, tommy n BJ armstong shit.

Then you got some "experts" talking about guitar tones and never touched a guitar in their lives. Then we have the cosmetic expert, the voice expert, the aging shit.. it's endless.

I get that everyone has an opinion and a keyboard, but it really necessarily to make 10 different threads about those topics? And get the same posts by the same ppl?

Bored, so I decided to check something. I went to that piece of shit little search bar up in the right hand corner that never gives me anything useful any other time, and I typed in "axl's voice" because it's a peice of shit little search bar that doesn't know if I'm using correct capitalization or not. But I digress, this piece of shit little search bar that never gives me anything useful managed to pull up 2 pages of bullshit with 7 threads directly related to Axl's voice. A Christmas fucking miracle? Nope, not December. Easter was yesterday, maybe the good old christ resurrected himself and magicked the fucking search bar into working for a minute? Nope, the good old christ isn't real and resurrection is horse shit and even if it wasn't I think he'd find a better way to spend time. So that leads me to believe that there is a serious over-saturation of people thinking that they're the first to realize that Axl doesn't sing like he used to going on all at the same time. So my question is, when does the retardation stop? For fuck's sake, when the stupid little search bar can get something right, the time to give it a rest was long ago.

• Like 3

Bored, so I decided to check something. I went to that piece of shit little search bar up in the right hand corner that never gives me anything useful any other time, and I typed in "axl's voice" because it's a peice of shit little search bar that doesn't know if I'm using correct capitalization or not. But I digress, this piece of shit little search bar that never gives me anything useful managed to pull up 2 pages of bullshit with 7 threads directly related to Axl's voice. A Christmas fucking miracle? Nope, not December. Easter was yesterday, maybe the good old christ resurrected himself and magicked the fucking search bar into working for a minute? Nope, the good old christ isn't real and resurrection is horse shit and even if it wasn't I think he'd find a better way to spend time. So that leads me to believe that there is a serious over-saturation of people thinking that they're the first to realize that Axl doesn't sing like he used to going on all at the same time. So my question is, when does the retardation stop? For fuck's sake, when the stupid little search bar can get something right, the time to give it a rest was long ago.

We recycle shit. It's nothing new. Doubt it will ever change.

Edited by Rovim

We recycle shit. It's nothing new.

Nobody said it was new, but we usually have the capability to wait a week before doing so.

Most recycled bullshit gets locked or deleted too, as a side note.

The Golden Gods will be a drama for Axl.

And DS, the reason why people keep going on about Axl's voice is because that voice is the only reason why people still call this band GN'R.

If he loses his signature vocals, it's done.

Edited by UcudBmine
  • Like 2

Please stop defending Axl's shitty voice as some sort of normal course of events.

His singing is so poor strictly because he doesn't practice. You can bet your ass he didn't prep even for one second before TB wheeled him out for this latest cash-grab tour.

• Like 1

Please stop defending Axl's shitty voice as some sort of normal course of events.

His singing is so poor strictly because he doesn't practice. You can bet your ass he didn't prep even for one second before TB wheeled him out for this latest cash-grab tour.

I think we all get ppl who doesn't like his current singing or new band.

What i don't get is the constant bashing, the multiple threads about those subjects by the same ppl repeating the same "comments".

What i don't get is the constant bashing, the multiple threads about those subjects by the same ppl repeating the same "comments".

I'm sure all of us would much rather be talking about a new album, but you know....

I'm sure all of us would much rather be talking about a new album, but you know....

yeah, but here's the thing, there are other things to discuss besides axl hair, axl voice, axl triple chin..

There's a lot of info/news/interviews floating around (mostly on facebook) that we don't get to see here.

I learned about Ashba Swag here and i like many other don't give a flying fuck about that. But if you are asking for a setlist, and update, a link, there are a few ppl who still is up to that and don't cupcake every answer. And guess what. They are getting tired.

Yep. And in no rational universe is pointing this out somehow out of bounds.

yeah, but here's the thing, there are other things to discuss besides axl hair, axl voice, axl triple chin..

There's a lot of info/news/interviews floating around (mostly on facebook) that we don't get to see here.

I learned about Ashba Swag here and i like many other don't give a flying fuck about that. But if you are asking for a setlist, and update, a link, there are a few ppl who still is up to that and don't cupcake every answer. And guess what. They are getting tired.

You can find all the information you want here. I'm sorry that there are a few of you who get upset that the vast majority of us are just searching for ways to squeeze some enjoyment out of the shit band we're all obsessed with.

And no, there are not really other things to talk about. And if there are, you can be sure we are talking about them here, often with jokes added in, which people should lighten the fuck up about.

• Like 1

And DS, the reason why people keep going on about Axl's voice is because that voice is the only reason why people still call this band GN'R.

Nobody ever said I gave a shit about why people are discussing his voice, I'm simply stating that a new thread isn't needed every single time someone wants to rehash what someone else has already said 1,282,383,473,284,932 times before them.

Better than Meatloaf :-)

Poor Meat. He actually has had many recent videos of him on Youtube taken down and he got in a flame war commenting on one of them against people who were saying his voice was completely shot. He said 'ask my vocal coach how shot my voice is...I cover X octaves in my warm-ups alone.' He then went into an elaborate explanation for his tune-less, tone-less singing of late saying that when he sings the song he imagines them playing out in his head like a movie and his voice is the soundtrack which he has no control over because he goes into a trance XD

Nobody ever said I gave a shit about why people are discussing his voice, I'm simply stating that a new thread isn't needed every single time someone wants to rehash what someone else has already said 1,282,383,473,284,932 times before them.

What if there's a new member and they don't know Axl can't sing? We need these threads at the top of the page. It's a public service, really. :lol:

What if there's a new member and they don't know Axl can't sing? We need these threads at the top of the page. It's a public service, really. :lol:
I suggested a sticky in the ask admin thread awhile ago. Nobody pays attention to me though.

On another side note, there was a thread not too long ago about Axl's voice that used scientific data to come to the conclusion that Axl voice sucks. Something interesting and informative like that gets deleted by the mods and this braindead drivel sits here. What sense does that make?