Lets be honest....Axl can't sing anymore

The Golden Gods will be a drama for Axl.

And DS, the reason why people keep going on about Axl's voice is because that voice is the only reason why people still call this band GN'R.

If he loses his signature vocals, it's done.

Nobody ever said I gave a shit about why people are discussing his voice, I'm simply stating that a new thread isn't needed every single time someone wants to rehash what someone else has already said 1,282,383,473,284,932 times before them.
What if there's a new member and they don't know Axl can't sing? We need these threads at the top of the page. It's a public service, really. :lol:
I suggested a sticky in the ask admin thread awhile ago. Nobody pays attention to me though.

On another side note, there was a thread not too long ago about Axl's voice that used scientific data to come to the conclusion that Axl voice sucks. Something interesting and informative like that gets deleted by the mods and this braindead drivel sits here. What sense does that make?

Scientific data? How did I miss that?

I do agree about this thread. When I saw it, I popped in early to post a couple times, thinking it would be locked within minutes. It's my fault, I guess. I must have lent an air of credibility to the proceedings. :lol:

• Like 1

The Golden Gods will be a drama for Axl.

And DS, the reason why people keep going on about Axl's voice is because that voice is the only reason why people still call this band GN'R.

If he loses his signature vocals, it's done.

Nobody ever said I gave a shit about why people are discussing his voice, I'm simply stating that a new thread isn't needed every single time someone wants to rehash what someone else has already said 1,282,383,473,284,932 times before them.
What if there's a new member and they don't know Axl can't sing? We need these threads at the top of the page. It's a public service, really. :lol:
I suggested a sticky in the ask admin thread awhile ago. Nobody pays attention to me though.

On another side note, there was a thread not too long ago about Axl's voice that used scientific data to come to the conclusion that Axl voice sucks. Something interesting and informative like that gets deleted by the mods and this braindead drivel sits here. What sense does that make?

Scientific data? How did I miss that?

I do agree about this thread. When I saw it, I popped in early to post a couple times, thinking it would be locked within minutes. It's my fault, I guess. I must have lent an air of credibility to the proceedings. :lol:

It wasn't up for long, but it was the best thread on Axl's voice I've ever seen. He/she/whatever used equations and had a chart and put some real effort into it. I can respect that.

Damn you for your mod corrupting ways and getting this one to stick around. Where were you when you were needed? :lol:

• Like 1

Please stop defending Axl's shitty voice as some sort of normal course of events.

His singing is so poor strictly because he doesn't practice. You can bet your ass he didn't prep even for one second before TB wheeled him out for this latest cash-grab tour.

I think we all get ppl who doesn't like his current singing or new band.

What i don't get is the constant bashing, the multiple threads about those subjects by the same ppl repeating the same "comments".

I'm sure all of us would much rather be talking about a new album, but you know....

yeah, but here's the thing, there are other things to discuss besides axl hair, axl voice, axl triple chin..

There's a lot of info/news/interviews floating around (mostly on facebook) that we don't get to see here.

I learned about Ashba Swag here and i like many other don't give a flying fuck about that. But if you are asking for a setlist, and update, a link, there are a few ppl who still is up to that and don't cupcake every answer. And guess what. They are getting tired.

You can find all the information you want here. I'm sorry that there are a few of you who get upset that the vast majority of us are just searching for ways to squeeze some enjoyment out of the shit band we're all obsessed with.

And no, there are not really other things to talk about. And if there are, you can be sure we are talking about them here, often with jokes added in, which people should lighten the fuck up about.

You get loads of shit before you will find news n info or something valuable, that's why everyday you got the "rare shit" thread, when you seen this rare thing 2000 before.

Hell, during the brazilian leg of the tour i learned all the important stuff through perfectcrime.

Things like the comments of Axl's piano tuner for the shows. How impressive is that he, unlike Bon Jovi, is using the same tuning in the instrument for ages. Bon Jovi had to change this cos he can't reach the notes anymore. Some nice interviews with the band n crew, and so on.

Please stop defending Axl's shitty voice as some sort of normal course of events.

His singing is so poor strictly because he doesn't practice. You can bet your ass he didn't prep even for one second before TB wheeled him out for this latest cash-grab tour.

What i don't get is the constant bashing, the multiple threads about those subjects by the same ppl repeating the same "comments".

I'm sure all of us would much rather be talking about a new album, but you know....

yeah, but here's the thing, there are other things to discuss besides axl hair, axl voice, axl triple chin..

There's a lot of info/news/interviews floating around (mostly on facebook) that we don't get to see here.

I learned about Ashba Swag here and i like many other don't give a flying fuck about that. But if you are asking for a setlist, and update, a link, there are a few ppl who still is up to that and don't cupcake every answer. And guess what. They are getting tired.

You can find all the information you want here. I'm sorry that there are a few of you who get upset that the vast majority of us are just searching for ways to squeeze some enjoyment out of the shit band we're all obsessed with.

And no, there are not really other things to talk about. And if there are, you can be sure we are talking about them here, often with jokes added in, which people should lighten the fuck up about.

You get loads of shit before you will find news n info or something valuable, that's why everyday you got the "rare shit" thread, when you seen this rare thing 2000 before.

Hell, during the brazilian leg of the tour i learned all the important stuff through perfectcrime.

Things like the comments of Axl's piano tuner for the shows. How impressive is that he, unlike Bon Jovi, is using the same tuning in the instrument for ages. Bon Jovi had to change this cos he can't reach the notes anymore. Some nice interviews with the band n crew, and so on.

I'm in such awe over that tuning story that my jaw is literally on the floor. :lol:

Look, man, there are other GNR sites that are dead because no one has any fun on them, and they have all the information you need without the extra shit, because, like I said, no one has fun there so no one posts. I'm not saying you should leave. I love the diversity here. But if it bothers you that much, I don't know what else to tell you.

• Like 1

Bon Jovi had to change this cos he can't reach the notes anymore. Some nice interviews with the band n crew, and so on.

lol who wants to read some jarmo and dj ashba interviews??

He should create a new voice and style for himself. Make new music with it and stop living in the past.

Or train his voice to reach 2010 status.

2010 is so overrated around here

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

I'm in such awe over that tuning story that my jaw is literally on the floor. :lol:

Look, man, there are other GNR sites that are dead because no one has any fun on them, and they have all the information you need without the extra shit, because, like I said, no one has fun there so no one posts. I'm not saying you should leave. I love the diversity here. But if it bothers you that much, I don't know what else to tell you.

I wasn't looking for you answer really, but I can say to you the same thing over you complaining about Axl's voice. But if you are here for the laughs i get that.

Bon Jovi had to change this cos he can't reach the notes anymore. Some nice interviews with the band n crew, and so on.

lol who want to read some jarmo and dj ashba interviews??

He should create a new voice and style for himself. Make new music with it and stop living in the past.

Jarmo can suck my swag and no it's not. Axl's voice was fucking great that year.

I think he can still sing great but he's out of breath from all the moving around; that Dublin performance where he returned and stood on the same spot for most of the time and even sat down, he sounded amazing... For me he doesn't need to be running around every song.

I think Axlisold is spot on in that Axl does not seem to have taken care of himself and while we can't expect him to sing like he is in his 20's he certainly could take better care of himself and work on getting in shape for the never ending tours........There are singers older then him, Steven Tyler for one, whose voices have changed but can still sing the old songs for the most part.

As far as Axl being great in 2010...lets be honest he was much better then as opposed to now but I think it is a case of fans settling for what he has become as opposed to Axl actually singing great...........Axl fans are willing to accept mediocrity now......... :shrugs:

I think Axlisold is spot on in that Axl does not seem to have taken care of himself and while we can't expect him to sing like he is in his 20's he certainly could take better care of himself and work on getting in shape for the never ending tours........There are singers older then him, Steven Tyler for one, whose voices have changed but can still sing the old songs for the most part.

As far as Axl being great in 2010...lets be honest he was much better then as opposed to now but I think it is a case of fans settling for what he has become as opposed to Axl actually singing great...........Axl fans are willing to accept mediocrity now......... :shrugs:

Accepting mediocrity is the one thing that truly unites Axl and Slash fans. We have to have a common ground somewhere.

this to the nth degree

When the Reading pro-shot aired in mid-2010, it was ridiculed by the majority of the community. Fortus was bashed for messing up his parts on November Rain.

Four years later it's posted as an example of 'how Axl should perform'.

• Like 1

He doesn't even seem to be able to sing words as one you know WORD anymore it's usually in three sections. The guy was one of the greatest singers in history, especially live, and he had some grandiose fucking swansong in 2010 but he has lost power, grit and sheer competence - it comes back in glimpses which is why I don't get how he can't keep it there - if he'd let the fans in on why this is, it'd save a whole lotta supposin'. The folks at the shows rock out, it's still a good package but his vocals are a shadow of their former self, which is why I doubt he'll play anything new ever, 2011 there was a time...

this to the nth degree

When the Reading pro-shot aired in mid-2010, it was ridiculed by the majority of the community. Fortus was bashed for messing up his parts on November Rain.

Four years later it's posted as an example of 'how Axl should perform'.

GN'R fans seems to have a fundamental problem in appreciating what they have. Ex-members and ex-years always miraculously go from being ridiculed and scorned to being praised as fantastic.

• Like 2

lol who wants to read some jarmo and dj ashba interviews??

Well, it wasn't bad like it is nowadays.

Axl can sing, really quite impressively. He just doesn't sound like he used to and I'm quite okay with that.. what he used to do sounded harsh to me. I prefer his more controlled rasp and his clean voice sounds great when he takes care of himself.

I showed that to a friend and he was quite blown away, especially by the high parts before the breakdown.

In the studio, the man can still sing like the Axl of old.

I really hope he lays down as many tracks as possible before he loses his singing voice.

You all might not know this, but I really wish Axl would put out a couple more albums.

• Like 2