Will Duff replace Tommy as Bass for GNR?

Axl seems to be really enjoying his time with Duff. Like I said, Axl seems to thrive on positive motivation, so who knows? Maybe an amicable split makes sense, with Tommy going back to the Mats full time, with Duff back home with Guns N' Roses.

I do know this much: If Duff is back, my ass is going to Vegas. :thumbsup:

Also, I don't know the Golden Gods, but as it will be broadcast on tv and I've seen people here calling it a high profile event, I assume it has some importance. Isn't it strange that when the band is offered this opportunity to show itself to, well, maybe not the world, but a broad audience anyway, the bass player is replaced ? And not with just anyone, but with the much more famous, original bass player ?

Sofine/Dazey (quote not working for some reason).

I have really good sources close to Axl (one in particular), im not 'showing off' or anything like that, not my style but it is what it is, anyway..... I know FOR A FACT that Tommy was planned to be back for these awards and that was (**looks at emails..... 15th April). It's there in black and white, Duff's last shows were suppose to be "Fortaleza" I get a response from any emails within 48 hours and usually within hours to any serious question I have/I out forward for the community. I've emailed my source regarding the turn around of events and currently it's gone silent. That maybe a coincidence? It may be that Tommy couldn't make the awards too? but like I say, Tommy WAS due back for these awards, FACT! Something has changed be it genuine or otherwise, that's all I know guys :)

Did you sources let you know why the 2-3 new songs weren't played? I'm sure you asked :D

I have really good sources close to Axl (one in particular), im not 'showing off' or anything like that, not my style but it is what it is, anyway..... I know FOR A FACT that Tommy was planned to be back for these awards and that was (**looks at emails..... 15th April). It's there in black and white, Duff's last shows were suppose to be "Fortaleza" I get a response from any emails within 48 hours and usually within hours to any serious question I have/I out forward for the community. I've emailed my source regarding the turn around of events and currently it's gone silent. That maybe a coincidence? It may be that Tommy couldn't make the awards too? but like I say, Tommy WAS due back for these awards, FACT! Something has changed be it genuine or otherwise, that's all I know guys :)

Did you sources let you know why the 2-3 new songs weren't played? I'm sure you asked :D

The year isn't over yet, Coma! ;)

• Like 1

The year isn't over yet, Coma! ;)

Very true. I'll be in Vegas for the 2nd weekend so there is still hope!

I've always maintained that if Axl loses the drive to release new music he should retire this lineup and get back as many of the classic lineup as he can. My bet is we'll be seeing more and more Duff as time wears on. Just look at the effect his inclusion had on ticket sales in Argentina (if the reports are to be believed). If Axl's playing for his retirement now, he has to be aware of the positive effect Duffy's presence has at the ticket gate.

Agree with this, just farcical that apart from one great record and several talented players down the drain in 15+ years he's kept the name like a spoiled brat to gather money, some noble crusade. He's had every chance there could possibly be to build on the eventually successful CD tour. One new song tomorrow could save the war but I have my doubts for some strange reason..

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm sounding ignorant here but I've not been paying a lot of attention in GnR world of late. Has it been confirmed that Duff will be replacing Tommy at the Golden Gods thing?

Sorry if I'm sounding ignorant here but I've not been paying a lot of attention in GnR world of late. Has it been confirmed that Duff will be replacing Tommy at the Golden Gods thing?

Yes, Duff and the band have confirmed it. And as Subs said, Tommy WAS supposed to be back for the awards show, but something changed (not sure what), and Duff is now filling in for him there as well.

Coma I didn't ask no, it was stated 2014 and the year isn't finished/it was stated "The intension...." and in GNR world we all know what that means!! + other stuff

Thanks. Do you know if there is any talk of adding more shows this year?

Yes, Duff and the band have confirmed it. And as Subs said, Tommy WAS supposed to be back for the awards show, but something changed (not sure what), and Duff is now filling in for him there as well.

Thanks for the summary; I was a little confused on that as well...

Coma, I asked about more shows about...... a month ago? UK specifically and the response was "there are currently no tour plans after Vegas"

Pissup on the cards if they do decide to tour over here?

Edited by Dazey

Axl seems to be really enjoying his time with Duff. Like I said, Axl seems to thrive on positive motivation, so who knows? Maybe an amicable split makes sense, with Tommy going back to the Mats full time, with Duff back home with Guns N' Roses.

I do know this much: If Duff is back, my ass is going to Vegas. :thumbsup:

Like I said earlier - Duff won't be in Vegas, that much is sure. It conflicts with a Walking Papers tour. Even if Duff will join GN'R full time, it won't be quite yet as he wouldn't let Walking Papers down.

Maybe with the situation of Tommy not being able to perform in SA, Axl has found a way to terminate Tommy's contract?

If The Replacements have more plans and touring in the pipeline I think Tommy can't handle both jobs. So maybe there's an amicable split.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Ah, good point Powerage. Didn't think about that. Ah well, better some shows with Duff back than none at all.

Thing is, since Captain Axl refuses to release more music, a Duff full time return would've been the next best we could've hoped for. :shrugs: