Will Duff replace Tommy as Bass for GNR?

I think this is all a bit harsh on Tommy who has done a great job on bass for GnR BUT.... these gigs with Duff bring it home how much the original guys are still missed, New GnR band are a much tighter band than the original band but really, its not GnR without those guys. Having Duff back (from what I saw from the UK on YouTube) just gave those gigs a bit more authenticity.

I hope its woken Axl from his slumber and whether Duff is back or if Tommy returns they bring out some new music....soon!

Guest Len B'stard

If Axl ever reunites the old line up then to me that says that Axls a bitch and quite frankly they were all always about the money in the first place. And to ditch Tommy after all the fuckin' graft and commitment he's put in while Duff was busy bailing out and pissing around in college and trying to make an Axl-less GnR in VR, running Axl down and all sorts, that pretty clearly says to me that these lot ain't about shit, none of em.

Let's remember what happened to Brain.

He was out for a leg of a tour to be with his family, replaced by Frank.

He was coming back for the rest of the tour but that didn't happened. He's still in good terms. Coincidence?

edit: Robin was out cos of the NIN gigs. Once NIN decide to retire for a while he was available again, but Dj still is in the band.

Paul Tobias?

Edited by Russel Nash

I created a separate thread as a lot of good debate is being lost on a number of different threads.

I have mixed opinions about this but in short I believe (as we type and spk) things MAY be evolving.

What's your view/take?

PLEASE KEEP RESPECTFUL!

I really like to see Duff in GNR as a full time member again, but i don't think that he wants to be "just" Axl's employee

After the Golden Gods Tommy will come back and that's all

• Like 1

This would be weird. On the one hand it'd be nice to have Duff back, and yes a step closer to a full reunion. But on the other hand, what the hell have the past 16 years been about!?! Has anyone in music ever wasted and self-sabotaged so much as Axl Rose?

If there were to be a full reunion, maybe doing it slowly would be for the best.

Welcome back Duff. And like i said before, if Tommy is out, maybe Bucket can step in.

Bucket's issues were with Del James as much as Tommy. There isn't anyone who would want Bucket back more than me but there is more chance of Axl and Slash reconciling than Axl putting out several new albums and putting the nostalgia shows in their place in order to give Bucket a reason to return.

Don't really care much who plays the bass in GN'R, but if Duff being back in the band could put some pressure on Axl to get things moving with new music, and if Tommy leaves on amicable terms, then yes, I am all for it. The premise is that Duff has grown some balls since he last was in GN'R and actually would be able to stand up to Axl.

Don't really care much who plays the bass in GN'R, but if Duff being back in the band could put some pressure on Axl to get things moving with new music, and if Tommy leaves on amicable terms, then yes, I am all for it. The premise is that Duff has grown some balls since he last was in GN'R and actually would be able to stand up to Axl.

No one will get another album out if Axl is not on board.

I've said it before, Axl at this point will gladly put Izzy, Sorum, Duff and Gilby onstage and believe he is evolving Guns N' Roses as long as Slash never chimes in again. He just refuses to do anything progressive now he's comfortable and has deluded himself that his noble crusade is plain for all to see.

• Like 1

Well with Tommy being injured, who knows? How do I feel about it? I have no idea anymore... But that's GN'R right

Wait, what?

There is a rumor of a rib injury

Tommy was called into Team Brazil HQ, to be asked if he intended performing with GNR at the Golden Gods. When he stuttered the word no, Beta sucker-punched him in the side. Edited by NGOG
  • Like 2

Well with Tommy being injured, who knows? How do I feel about it? I have no idea anymore... But that's GN'R right

Wait, what?

There is a rumor of a rib injury

Tommy was called into Team Brazil HQ, to be asked if he intended performing with GNR at the Golden Gods. When he stuttered the word no, Beta sucker-punched him in the side.

LOL

It was amazing seeing Duff with Axl, but I don't want to see Duff being just a hired hand in Axl's GNR. I mean, 5 shows with Duff in SA and Axl couldn't be bothered with So Fine, even when the crowd in Recife was chanting for it.

I love Duff, but I dig Tommy's work on ChiDem, and I feel like he genuinely wants to make new music/see the unreleased music out there. I can't see Duff giving up Walking Papers and Loaded to play the same setlist for years on end and put up with late starts, tantrums, etc. More guest appearances from Duff and Izzy would be amazing, but I want this band to get out of the funk it's in and move forward... unless Axl and DJ are planning on making a GNRXX:AM album :no:

If Tommy + Bumble leave, I can't see Axl releasing new music ever again.

I agree with you. Duff back as a hired guy is not right. And I´m not sure Duff will be confortable with TB as managers in the long term. I guess it all depends on how bad Axl wants Duff in the band. It could be possible that if they are having a great relationship. Then Duff may presuade Axl to be partners agains and get his share of the name. And get Goldstein or someone else as manager. But then Slash, Izzy and Steven might feel betrayed, Slash mostly. I don´t think Duff wants problems with former members over Axl.

I created a separate thread as a lot of good debate is being lost on a number of different threads.

I have mixed opinions about this but in short I believe (as we type and spk) things MAY be evolving.

What's your view/take?

PLEASE KEEP RESPECTFUL!

it's a very good thing, this mini-reunion could lead us to the BIG ONE ! :D

Axl seems to be really enjoying his time with Duff. Like I said, Axl seems to thrive on positive motivation, so who knows? Maybe an amicable split makes sense, with Tommy going back to the Mats full time, with Duff back home with Guns N' Roses.

I do know this much: If Duff is back, my ass is going to Vegas. :thumbsup:

Like I said earlier - Duff won't be in Vegas, that much is sure. It conflicts with a Walking Papers tour. Even if Duff will join GN'R full time, it won't be quite yet as he wouldn't let Walking Papers down.
it's cutting it close but last guns gig is 6/7 walking papers first gig 6/9?

In retrospect, this might be Axl's own version of the RRHOF to celebrate Guns in his way, and wouldn't be surprised if Izzy turns up too.

That said, I really wish Duff was part of their long term plans, but for now anyway, it doesn't seem like it's in the cards. We'll find out soon enough where things are heading...

it's cutting it close but last guns gig is 6/7 walking papers first gig 6/9?

First gig is June 6 in Horsens, Denmark. Plus time to get to Europe (And I'm sure rehearsals since they haven't played together in a little while), definitely 3 but probably 4 gigs he'd have to sit out.