Male Fashion Thread

magisme

fuck you all.

bought this the other day:

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/washedfavoriteshirts/PRDOVR~19916/19916.jsp?color_name=dark-papaya

also, red boat shoes? thoughts?

Helmsman_red_featured.jpg

the pair in navy blue i was eying is gone from the site unfortunately.

Please don't tell me that you ended up buying them in navy. I've been seeing them in every male fashion store that would sell this kind of shoe. It's now officially boring, passé and way too predictable and the worst of worst: common.

The fact that its sold out tells you that every man and his dog has bought them. Uuuugh!

The red is cool and works well with the white contrast. These will look great with jeans and anything in khaki, any neutral, navy, white, brown, grey and I'd also wear green with it. One of my favourite colour combos: red and dark green.

H&M has terrible organization, not too expensive either which was quite agreeable when I was at University.

NEXT and Topman will be your best bets for the colour tshirts, Topman usually have 3 for £15 during the summer months but the fit is quite slim unless you get a size up.

H&M must be focusing on women since we spend the most money. They just opened their first store in Australia which is 5,000 square metres and I had no trouble locating what I was after. Unfortunately I spent more time waiting in the queue to pay for the stuff I wanted than I did in perusing the merchandise.

H&M has terrible organization, not too expensive either which was quite agreeable when I was at University.

NEXT and Topman will be your best bets for the colour tshirts, Topman usually have 3 for £15 during the summer months but the fit is quite slim unless you get a size up.

H&M must be focusing on women since we spend the most money. They just opened their first store in Australia which is 5,000 square metres and I had no trouble locating what I was after. Unfortunately I spent more time waiting in the queue to pay for the stuff I wanted than I did in perusing the merchandise.

Yeah it does, my former local one was on two floors and about 4/5 of it was dedicated to women's clothing. The men's section was a tiny slither of the bottom floor hidden away in the corner which had no real organization to it while the women's section had everything clearly marked out.

Yeah it does, my former local one was on two floors and about 4/5 of it was dedicated to women's clothing. The men's section was a tiny slither of the bottom floor hidden away in the corner which had no real organization to it while the women's section had everything clearly marked out.

That's not fair. :max:

Oh, hang on minute, most of the stuff in the world is geared towards men. If H&M acknowledge women first, then I'll take it thanks very much. :D

Clothes shops are geared towards women in general. Going shopping is a nightmare, especially with a girl. Male and fashion don't come together very often. :lol:

I don't even go shopping with a girl. And I am one! Shopping is a thing that must be done alone for it to be productive. I have a gay friend who totally gets my style and I get his but we both agree that shopping should be done solo.

Department stores suck, but a good, high-quality male clothes shop is great. Until you see the price tags in most places.

Fortunately, my sister works at one in Portland. 50% off bitches, what up

Maine or Oregon? If Maine, I expect you to hook me up. :lol:

Department stores suck, but a good, high-quality male clothes shop is great. Until you see the price tags in most places.

Maine. Find your way up there over the summer and we can work something out. I know you got plenty of time off :lol:

• Like 1

I fucking love department stores, but that's because I'm female. They suck for menswear. They only stock the most predictable, boring stuff for men. Spend more boys and they'll cater to your needs.

Maine. Find your way up there over the summer and we can work something out. I know you got plenty of time off :lol:

And is your sister hot? :P

I find the whole ordeal of going to a shop for clothes stressful

It often is for women as well. That's why you should figure out what size you are for particular brands you like and then buy online. If you're in the US a lot of stores there have free two way delivery, so,if you don't like what you've bought or it doesn't fit you, you can return it and they will pay for the return shipping. Fucking awesome. It means you can shop at your convenience and in the privacy of your own home. But you do have to figure out your size for the brands you like/buy. Keep in mind though that many online stores have really good size charts nowadays, so get yourself a tape measure and work out your size and you'll be laughing.

No more laboriously trying on shit in ugly fitting rooms from shit stores that never have your size in stock anyway! Fuck I hate that! And don't even ask me to stand in a queue for the fitting rooms, because I fucking wont! :max:

• Like 1

Hey now, do you want the deals on these clothes or not? :lol:

I'll take the deal. :(

Don't get greedy now. Discount clothing is worth more than chicks/blokes. There's tonnes of hotties around, but discounts can be few and far in between, especially when it comes to fast moving, hot stock. :lol:

• Like 1

Solid advice Red. I guess one problem I find with ordering anything online is the waiting. I'm just impatient. Not to mention the thought of having to send something back is a real ball ache.

Will give it a go soon, I reckon. Do you guys wear colourful clothes? Like, Would you feel uncomfortable in say..a pink shirt? How does bright and chirpy sit with you? :ph34r:

Solid advice Red. I guess one problem I find with ordering anything online is the waiting. I'm just impatient. Not to mention the thought of having to send something back is a real ball ache.

Will give it a go soon, I reckon. Do you guys wear colourful clothes? Like, Would you feel uncomfortable in say..a pink shirt? How does bright and chirpy sit with you? :ph34r:

I actually love the anticipation of a parcel coming. I get even more excited than if I bought it in a store. Sometimes my hands are shaking as I unwrap the packaging (reminds me of Christmas when I was a kid). Naturally the more I've spent, the more excited/nervous I am. :lol: But yes, I agree, sending something back is a pain in the ass (never had a ball ache to know the feeling. Hehehe). But it's worth it if its not right and you want your money back. I do it willingly with Asos and I even have to pay for the postage. :max: Australia doesn't qualify for return shipping. :max: :max:

OK, so I'm not a guy buy I personally love it when guys wear bright or non-standard male colours in shirts. I actually love a guy in a pink shirt or polo. It has to be a fairly masculine style but if it suits your complexion I think it's cool. I think men need to embrace colour.