Male Fashion Thread

magisme

Has every thread on the forum turned to shit?

Shut your mouth and go put on your jeans and hoodie.

Shut up, fag. You just wait until I expound in detail on how much I don't care about fashion. :lol:

Yeah fag, because if you don't like something you are not entitled to say it. So... how was the Golden Gods and how's Ashba and Axl again? :lol:

I would spank you with my Armani belt right now, dirty bitch.

Bzzzzz.gif

^ Are you still here?

I bought those grey jeans (actually more of an off-white, but still), now it's just a matter of deciding what to wear with them. I'm guessing that a black t-shirt would be the safe choice? I have two concerts coming up next week, I might wear them to one of them just for a change of pace.

Oooh a black t shirt as a change of pace! Don't go too far out on a limb there! :lol:

Here's my thought right now - and I trust your opinion, so what do you think of the off-white jeans, black t-shirt, black boots, denim jacket combo?

Plain t shirts are pretty boring with plain jeans. Go for a denim shirt. And I'm not a big fan of denim jackets (unless they're a blazer cut). The standard denim jacket is not in at the moment. Have you got a leather jacket?

Yep. The one that I'm wearing in my avatar.

Then wear that. Ditch the denim jacket for the time being, they're bland.

• Like 1

Has every thread on the forum turned to shit?

Shut your mouth and go put on your jeans and hoodie.

Shut up, fag. You just wait until I expound in detail on how much I don't care about fashion. :lol:

Yeah fag, because if you don't like something you are not entitled to say it. So... how was the Golden Gods and how's Ashba and Axl again? :lol:

I would spank you with my Armani belt right now, dirty bitch.

Bzzzzz.gif

I never said I didn't care about the band.

I tried on the trousers too but fuck they were swimming on me. Like the leg length was ridiculous even though they fitted at the waist. Zara was where I got it and I think they are a Spanish store. Dudes over there must have the weirdest body shape. I'm fairly thin and only 5'8 in height. Can't imagine a 6 foot guy with my waist he'd be like a fuckin drainpipe :lol:

Think I'll rock it with black Levi 511's and my black Chelsea boots. Or navy Docker chinos and my brown shoes.

Shirts from Zara are designed for 6'5 anorexic Italian models. They're way too tight across my chest and arms, while they're too long at the same time. I can't go down to medium because my arms would probably tear the sleeves, and I can't go up to XL because then the shirt would probably reach my knees.

Did you mean leg width, Face? I'm confused.

Leg length was way too long. They basically had a variety of waist sizes to choose from with a set leg length for each size. It wasn't like you could find your waist/leg length combination. Don't know why they do that it is stupid.

And you never enjoyed a cupcake thread mocking Ashba, right? And we've never seen atheists coming to religion threads to say how ridiculous religion was, neither we've seen people going to a motivational thread to say how they don't care for motivational quotes or speeches. Oh wait...yes, we did!!!

Let me explain myself. Apparently... you're telling me that I like it but I hide it because...huh... what would it be the point? If I did love fashion, I would be loving these threads and posting all day long about my style and whatnot. That would make much more sense.

But I do care for one thing, and it's my right to state my opinion too. And that's what I did, I can't deny the threads about fashion called my attention. We don't have 5 travel threads or 5 food threads. And I didn't really think so many people would scrutinize everything before going out in the morning. I mismatch colours so I look more outrageous; those shoes in blue?! Please. So, after arnold's comment in the support section I decided to make a joke thread about those poeple who just, you know, get dressed without making a thesis about it before. And it's fun that the younger, like Lith, can take it with good humour but others felt the need to write an essay (like the one I'm typing right now, I see the irony too) about fashion and the reasons behind the thread, because you know, it's them who don't care what others think.

I have my opinion about this. I find a bit...odd... to come here to ask a few strangers if they like something or not so you buy it or not. I mean, do you like it? Buy it. It's very McCoyish to rely on what others think about something. Self-confidence was lost at some point, wasn't it?

And spending all day talking about your own clothes and why you wear them is conceited. I said it in my thread, one thing is liking to dress well and liking clothes and another thing is thinking the rest of the world gives a fuck about what you're wearing. The most cool people are those who look great but they don't go telling people how great they look. Now, that's style, bitches.

I go to a store, they have plenty of stuff, some things I like, others I don't like, I choose what I like. :shrugs: Now if you prefer to think that I go shopping for that perfect hoodie, made of pure Bolivian cottom grown on the slopes of the Andes, in olive colour because it's the last trend, and which matches my sneakers, then fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

Now, keep on your discussion hooray for tolerance!s. I like your last purchases Facekicker.

Shirts from Zara are designed for 6'5 anorexic Italian models. They're way too tight across my chest and arms, while they're too long at the same time. I can't go down to medium because my arms would probably tear the sleeves, and I can't go up to XL because then the shirt would probably reach my knees.

liliput-0007.jpg

:lol:

Edited by Dazey

And you never enjoyed a cupcake thread mocking Ashba, right? And we've never seen atheists coming to religion threads to say how ridiculous religion was, neither we've seen people going to a motivational thread to say how they don't care for motivational quotes or speeches. Oh wait...yes, we did!!!

Let me explain myself. Apparently... you're telling me that I like it but I hide it because...huh... what would it be the point? If I did love fashion, I would be loving these threads and posting all day long about my style and whatnot. That would make much more sense.

But I do care for one thing, and it's my right to state my opinion too. And that's what I did, I can't deny the threads about fashion called my attention. We don't have 5 travel threads or 5 food threads. And I didn't really think so many people would scrutinize everything before going out in the morning. I mismatch colours so I look more outrageous; those shoes in blue?! Please. So, after arnold's comment in the support section I decided to make a joke thread about those poeple who just, you know, get dressed without making a thesis about it before. And it's fun that the younger, like Lith, can take it with good humour but others felt the need to write an essay (like the one I'm typing right now, I see the irony too) about fashion and the reasons behind the thread, because you know, it's them who don't care what others think.

I have my opinion about this. I find a bit...odd... to come here to ask a few strangers if they like something or not so you buy it or not. I mean, do you like it? Buy it. It's very McCoyish to rely on what others think about something. Self-confidence was lost at some point, wasn't it?

And spending all day talking about your own clothes and why you wear them is conceited. I said it in my thread, one thing is liking to dress well and liking clothes and another thing is thinking the rest of the world gives a fuck about what you're wearing. The most cool people are those who look great but they don't go telling people how great they look. Now, that's style, bitches.

I go to a store, they have plenty of stuff, some things I like, others I don't like, I choose what I like. :shrugs: Now if you prefer to think that I go shopping for that perfect hoodie, made of pure Bolivian cottom grown on the slopes of the Andes, in olive colour because it's the last trend, and which matches my sneakers, then fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

Now, keep on your discussion hooray for tolerance!s. I like your last purchases Facekicker.

Jesus Christ. Fuck this place.

• Like 2

Did you mean leg width, Face? I'm confused.

Leg length was way too long. They basically had a variety of waist sizes to choose from with a set leg length for each size. It wasn't like you could find your waist/leg length combination. Don't know why they do that it is stupid.

They deliberately make the leg length long so that they can sell the product to tall people as well as shorter people. It's become very noticeable in women's pants/jeans as well.

The thing is its actually very easy to shorten pants and they don't want to miss out on sales to taller people since you can't add length, but you can shorten it. I find that I alter probably 60-70% of the clothes that I buy. I do it because I can and I'm really fussy about fit, I'm usually shaping the waist more than anything, but shortening pants is very quick and easy. Find yourself a place that does alterations and shortening pants will not be expensive. I don't know about where you live but where I live there are heaps of little alteration stores that have popped up (probably to shorten all the long pants sold by the likes of Zara :lol:) run by some little Asian lady and they're very cost effective. Sometimes it will still be cheaper to pay for alterations than it will to find a more expensive item elsewhere that fits perfectly. You can't beat Zara for price/quality/style.

And the reason they don't offer leg lengths is because of the pure volume of styles they put through. They drop new stock every 2-3weeks and when you see the number of styles on offer (mainly in womenswear which is their core business) at any given point in time that is a LOT of stock. It just doesn't make financial sense to offer that many options, especially not at the price point they offer. Whereas a denim brand are pretty much making jeans and a few other pieces. Their volume is significantly lower and it's within their interests to tailor the product to the various sizes that exist in this world.

Edited by Redhead74

I have a good tailor but these were so much longer I'd be wary of taking THAT much off.

Wouldn't matter, you could make them into shorts if you wanted. Next time just tuck them up in the fitting room while you're trying them on. If they look good, then it will be fine. If the legs are a bit wide that easy to take in too. You just don't want to be playing around with the waistline or the crotch area. That becomes a substantial alteration and will probably affect the fit, meaning they might not look good, or sit right in the most important places. ;)

Anyway, I like the look of a jacket like the one you bought with other pants. It doesn't have to be worn as a suit, unless the occasion calls for a suit. Then if you love the fit of the jacket it's nice to have the trousers to go with it. Otherwise, mix and match, I generally find that those really tailored things are easier to wear these days with other pieces. A suit can be so formal and unless your work calls for it you get more wear out of things in a more casual style.

Yeah I'll get a pair of navy slim fit chinos. I tried the jacket on last night with my black slim fit levi's and it looked great. Goes with pretty much every shirt I own. Also looked good with my dark blue slim fit levi's.

It looked great with this shirt

1424466_818135934882348_2104928857580166

Came across these two tips that thought should be shared here:

1. Apparently this is a remedy to having to iron a shirt. No idea if this works because I personally enjoy ironing and don't have a dryer. Would be most appreciated though if someone could give this a try because I'm so curious as to its efficacy.

ut3ko.jpg

2. Absolutely certain this would work really well on light coloured Chucks. Dying is easy and small pots of powdered dye are available at craft and fabric stores. Instructions are easy to follow. Better than buying a new pair if the ones you've got are looking a little scruffy. The only colour I would avoid is black, because IMO it never comes out black enough. But it's worth a try if you don't mind grey. :D

2uot05y.jpg

Edited by Redhead74