Male Fashion Thread

magisme

Came across these two tips that thought should be shared here:

1. Apparently this is a remedy to having to iron a shirt. No idea if this works because I personally enjoy ironing and don't have a dryer. Would be most appreciated though if someone could give this a try because I'm so curious as to its efficacy.

ut3ko.jpg

2. Absolutely certain this would work really well on light coloured Chucks. Dying is easy and small pots of powdered dye are available at craft and fabric stores. Instructions are easy to follow. Better than buying a new pair if the ones you've got are looking a little scruffy. The only colour I would avoid is black, because IMO it never comes out black enough. But it's worth a try if you don't mind grey. :D

2uot05y.jpg

Could just do as I do (as my mum has taught me) - scrub them with Jif. Works a treat on my white canvas slip ons, Chucks and Volleys.

It's a rather short one though. Doesn't look like the long ones the wannabe goth guys with spiky hair wear...

Maybe my perception is distorted.

Another picture, less Matrix-ish :

110321main801.jpg

I think it looks great but I wouldn't wear it with the zipper closed.

^He is right. It doesn't even look like the same jacket in both pictures and the one unzipped looks way better. Now just if someone told Axl the same.

However, I think the jacket is a bit wannabe hipster with nerdy glasses. But I guess that's what makes it fashionable. I don't know how this stuff works.

http://www.soulrevolver.com/

There's some fuckin' crackers here :)

Yeah these jackets look fantastic. The quality of the leather looks amazing and the styles and cuts are really nice. I especially love this one, and the red detail on the inside of the zipper is great.

2lu4bd1.jpg

Unfortunately the women's jackets they have on offer aren't anywhere near as interesting. :max:

• Like 1

I'd never buy one online, getting the right fit in a leather jacket really requires you to try it on instore.

I tend to agree with the exception of two factors:

1. It's a brand that you know your size well and can trust the fit and quality.

2. That the website will allow a full refund for return and the price they are offering is so good that it makes it worth the possibility of having to return it if you don't like it. Sometimes retail stores are just taking the piss with the prices they offer and online offers are worth the risk.

Also note that all good online clothing retailers will have a good size chart. If you follow the measurements carefully and know how to measure yourself properly you shouldn't have too much of an issue. Obviously if you have funny proportions and are inbetween sizes or have split size you won't know which size to go for, so providing you fall into one size bracket, size charts are pretty reliable. A lot of listings will also include specific garment measurements like shoulder to hem, and sleeve length measurements, and even the models height and the specific size they are wearing so you can compare that to your own height.

Who would have thought 20 years ago that people today would be buying things like shoes without trying them on or even holding them in their hands first. Goes to show with the right systems in place, the unlikely really is possible.

Guest Len B'stard

I'd never buy one online, getting the right fit in a leather jacket really requires you to try it on instore.

Find where they're at, see if there's a store you can go to or something :)

Find where they're at, see if there's a store you can go to or something :)

Schott make fantastic leather jackets.

I went into H&M today to buy a $6.95 belt for my partner and came out with a bag of stuff totalling $178. :huh:

I don't know how I do this? I see stuff and the next thing I'm trying something on (not even in a fitting room, I just put it on in the aisles and find the nearest mirror) and I love it and I think about all the things that it would go really well with in my current wardrobe (vastly enhancing that wardrobe thereby justifying previous purchases) and then some random girl tells me she loves it and goes to try one on herself and I look at the price tag and laugh out loud knowing that I couldn't possibly make the same thing for that price and the next thing I know I'm happily strolling out the store with a few glam new additions to my repertoire of outfits.

But not saving any money.

And I wanted it but sooooooo didn't NEED it. (Well at the point of purchase I believe I 'need' it because it goes so well with the shoes I bought last week that I didn't really need either).

Ah whatever.......none of it goes on credit, it's money I HAVE. Well I have it for a short period of time. :lol: And most importantly, I LOVE IT ALL!!!

I FUCKING LOVE MY STUFF!

That's unhealthy isn't it?

(PS, for those wondering I bought a gorgeous olive green brocade evening coat with the most amazing sleeves, a casual style jumper which is great for the cooler months, and yes, the $6.95 belt for my man. :awesomeface:)