What so civil about war anyway?

OK .... this time, this is REALLY serious shit. :max:

Do you belive that if Axl and Slash, somehow, someday, get along, all this war between some fans will stop?

Many people ask for others to get along, but ... are we, fans, capable to get along?

:huh:

No. Because they would have to admit that they were wrong all those years, or Slash fans would have to admit they were wrong. It'll never happen. People will still say "Axl was better off apart from Slash". That will never change.

On topic though, I will say I always thought that line in Civil War was one of GNR's most childish ever. Sure, its an off the cuff remark at the end of the track, but I always found it to be a pretty idiotic line.

On topic though, I will say I always thought that line in Civil War was one of GNR's most childish ever. Sure, its an off the cuff remark at the end of the track, but I always found it to be a pretty idiotic line.

That's offtopic .... :facepalm:

So .... it don't really matter if Axl and Slash get along or not?

:facepalm:

It does. But to the delusional people its been too long that it would mean they were wrong in some capacity, so for them it is better at this point if they stay apart.

For sane people, and for Axl and Slash's psyche, of course it matters if they get along.

That's offtopic .... :facepalm:

It's debatable, the thread title can be interpreted a few different ways.

The Axl brigade would turn on him since it'd be pretty hollow of him to share a stage after digging such a deep and complex trench, the incentive would be financial and if people rag on him now, why would they magically ignore this clear concept lol?

I have the formula for them to get along ... but don't know if it's worth to apply it, if the fans will keep feeding this war.

I'm curious to know what it is. Because I've never been able to think of anything besides drugging them and locking them in a room together. It seems Axl is very stubborn to ever see Slash again. I'd like to know if there was a realistic way to have them get along.

This is about Axl and Slash getting along .... this is not about a reunion.

I have the formula for them to get along ... but don't know if it's worth to apply it, if the fans will keep feeding this war.

I'm curious to know what it is. Because I've never been able to think of anything besides drugging them and locking them in a room together. It seems Axl is very stubborn to ever see Slash again. I'd like to know if there was a realistic way to have them get along.

I wont apply the formula until I'm sure that it can be usefull for fans to stop this war.

Edited by GUNNER PT

I wont apply the formula until I'm sure that it can be usefull for fans to stop this war.

I'm not talking about a reunion either. I'm just talking about speaking to each other, which again Axl seems against doing.

Your formula can be useful for fans to stop this war. What is it?

Getting along goes hand in hand though doesn't it, the same reasons he won't share a stage are why he doesn't invite the guy around to dinner or call him up or even acknowledge his existence apart from vaguely or telling a story about him pissing his pants to fans.

Is this the formula?

graphic-13.gif

I'm not talking about a reunion either. I'm just talking about speaking to each other, which again Axl seems against doing.

I'm with you on this. I don't really want a reunion at this point. It's sort of like when ABBA turned down a Billion dollars to do one more tour because they felt that it wouldn't be the same and may tarnish their image. They want people to remember them the way that they were as ABBA.

If they got together again it wouldn't be the same. They're both doing their thing and they both seem happy doing it.

I would like to see them just let bygones be bygones and get forgive each other. Not be buddies or anything, just not freak out if the other is within 100 feet you.