Forum Changes - Merging Discussion and News, Side Projects and the Slash section

highvoltage

Maybe the merging could have been done bit by bit. Or try to tone down the look of the tags. The style of the thread labels could be more mutated, something closer to the background. I do like the tags though, they're useful. If D&N is going to remain merged, it makes sense to have them.

Maybe the merging could have been done bit by bit. Or try to tone down the look of the tags. The style of the thread labels could be more mutated, something closer to the background. I do like the tags though, they're useful. If D&N is going to remain merged, it makes sense to have them.

I can definitely adjust the tag styling, but I like that they contrast with the page... it makes it easier to look at either the tags or the thread titles because your eyes can easily separate the two.

I'll have a play around though, have been meaning to. :)

EDIT: Made them a tiny bit darker.

Lordy, what's going on :nervous:

If you've been away for a while, give it a couple of days to get used to. :thumbsup:

I love the changes. I hardly ever read the side projects section.

Now I've been reminded of some great Buckethead music I haven't listened to in a long time and am digging further into his catalogue.

There are plenty of threads that don't interest me - so I'm simply not posting in them. If people follow that mindset I don't see how this can be a bad thing. Nothing is happening with GNR. But there is plenty going on with Buckethead, Robin, Slash (I think), etc. Merge makes perfect sense.

The thread for Robin is not a general NIN discussion/news thread. It's for things specifically related to Robin (interviews, media, etc). It isn't meant to be a thread for people to discuss their favorite tracks from Year Zero. I've edited the OP to make that clearer. In any case, a large amount of the posts in that thread are GNR related anyways.

Considering the fact that two former GNR members have been/are in NIN they are bound to be mentioned here and there. My intent was to make one all encompassing thread for the Robin related stuff instead of having new ones pop up now and then cluttering up the section.

If it is really a huge issue, I can make it a more general thread for Robin discussion as has been suggested. I just figured that once he stopped touring with NIN, he'd get to work on his solo album which I feel will certainly deserve it's own thread whenever we get some news about it. Otherwise, why even have a "Robin" tag?

Edited by Broskirose

I fucking hate the nin promotion in the main guns section.

Then simply ignore the thread and move on.

No. It has no place in the guns section. Common sense.

It's there for wrong reasons.

Why someone feels the need the push this band here so hard, and especially why such irrelevant promotion is accepted by the moderation team, just can't understand.

• Like 1