We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

9 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I put my money on Middlesex. It's 28 degrees and when I saw this was a 18.30 start I thought I'd put it on the radio sit out the garden after work with some beers. I put 50 quid on Middlesex as I read that Surrey have some players missing out playing the England v Ireland match in a few days.

Rory Burns, Sam Curran and Jason Roy.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rory Burns, Sam Curran and Jason Roy.

They're all out for surrey are they? Well on the basis that I've heard of them that must mean they're good. So basically what your saying is Surry are fucked right? and its just a case of my Middlesex boys turning up and twatting their hapless bowlers for 6's all night while I count my winnings?....right?

Just now, spunko12345 said:

They're all out for surrey are they? Well on the basis that I've heard of them that must mean they're good. So basically what your saying is Surry are fucked right? and its just a case of my Middlesex boys turning up and twatting their hapless bowlers for 6's all night while I count my winnings?....right?

Surrey have more star power but have been utter diabolical this season: there is surely a lot of incidents like that in premiership football? That is all I'm saying. Don't blame me if Surrey win.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Surrey have more star power but have been utter diabolical this season: there is surely a lot of incidents like that in premiership football? That is all I'm saying. Don't blame me if Surrey win.

Big time Charlies dont like it up em. Plus Middlesex have De Villiers.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I hope you'll give me a cunt of your winnings when Middlesex win?

You can certainly get a cunt of my winnings no problem😂

It's looking promising only Tom Curran to get rid of you fancy. T20 is a spectacle but it's nowhere near as enjoyable as a one dwyer or a test. It almost feels like a toss of a coin.

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

You can certainly get a cunt of my winnings no problem😂

It's looking promising only Tom Curran to get rid of you fancy. T20 is a spectacle but it's nowhere near as enjoyable as a one dwyer or a test. It almost feels like a toss of a coin.

Live they're just a lad's piss-up basically. Fun night out but more a ''football crowd'' out to go and back and forth to the beer tent - the cricket is incidental. 

This might just be the most humiliating moment in English sport since, well you don't have to go back too far but there are quite a few examples. It is certainly one of them. England 43/7 v Ireland. 

He is nibbling it around at about 74mph also haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Durham destroyed Leicestershire yesterday. 

Yes. I wasn't there as I don't go to many of the Twenty20s but I might go up to watch Durham v Lanky on Friday - I'll see. They are just a piss-up really.

5 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

While being bowled out for less than 100 in the 1st innings, at least 6 England batsmen will be caught at 1st or 2nd slip playing unnecessary shots. 

But then the middle-lower order bailing the top order out. The Aussie batting card is a bit dodgy also, although a bit better than the English one. I have a feeling it'll be a ''bowler's'' Ashes.

• 3 weeks later...